• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Former Hawk Wings Discussion (Kev/Cam)

thecampster

6 minutes ago, shakes said:

both of these guys suck and I'm glad they're gone.

I also hope they totally fail as players so I am proven right which is more important to me than either of their futures.

At least you're honest about it.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yes, and can the mods also make a thread about people [changing] their opinions of former players? 😇

Hmmm, this post was cleverly and dastardly edited.  Hmmmmm ......

23 minutes ago, shakes said:

both of these guys suck and I'm glad they're gone.

I also hope they totally fail as players so I am proven right which is more important to me than either of their futures.

@kg01 I blame you. :thumbsdown: FakeGM is the perfect place for the sheik. Shots 🔥 

@shakes image.gif.a940e5f4c7b31707331e5c9f1892bf87.gif

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, thecampster said:

Huerter is shooting 52.6% from 3 and averaging 16.8 ppg.

A few more games and I may be swayed.  That Heat series messed with our decision makers.  They may have gone too far in creating a 90's style team. 

If they were hell bent on not paying the tax, what could we have done to allow for us to keep Huerter?  Stretching Bogi may have been the only option.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, thecampster said:

Huerter is shooting 52.6% from 3 and averaging 16.8 ppg.

Always bottom dwellers, the Sac. Kings and Red Velvet, are 7/3 in their last ten!  Huerter is a starter for them.  

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Cam didn't want to be here and his trade value was crap when he was here (probably still is at this point), so I'm not going to be sad if he does well.  Watching Heurter light it up in Sacramento -- especially from behind the arc where we continue to shoot horrendously -- is particularly painful, as the only thing we have to show for it is savings for Ressler and minutes from J Holiday which are actively hurting us for the most part.  I can still be very happy for Heurter, but it's a very sad trade for Hawks fans.

• Like 3

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The reality is there was much less of a market for Bogi than for Huerter or K'von would still be here.

I have no doubt about this.  The impossible thing is assessing whether that decision was the right one since we have no idea what was on the table in a Bogi deal.  Was it "Atlanta has to give up a first to get us to take an injured Bogi" or was it "you can do Bogi instead but we only give you two 2nd round picks instead of a first" or any number of other permutations.  Some would lead people to say that dealing Bogi would have been the right move while others would almost universally lead people to confirm that TS/LF did the right thing (assuming one or the other had to be moved).  I think that is the more interesting conversation if we had the data but it is such a black box that there really isn't anything to talk about.

On 11/17/2022 at 7:51 AM, Gray Mule said:

Always bottom dwellers, the Sac. Kings and Red Velvet, are 7/3 in their last ten!  Huerter is a starter for them.  

:smug:

SAC. won again!  Now 8-2 in the last 10!  

GO KINGS! (When you aren't playing the Hawks)

😉

• Like 1