Former Hawk Wings Discussion (Kev/Cam)

thecampster

On 11/18/2022 at 8:43 AM, Gray Mule said:

SAC. won again!  Now 8-2 in the last 10!  

GO KINGS! (When you aren't playing the Hawks)

😉

Trae vs Huerter in the all star game Gramps. That would be unrealistically awesome. I only say unrealistically because of the NBA politics that happen but Huerter is destroying it! Go K-Von

On 11/18/2022 at 11:32 AM, AHF said:

I have no doubt about this.  The impossible thing is assessing whether that decision was the right one since we have no idea what was on the table in a Bogi deal.  Was it "Atlanta has to give up a first to get us to take an injured Bogi" or was it "you can do Bogi instead but we only give you two 2nd round picks instead of a first" or any number of other permutations.  Some would lead people to say that dealing Bogi would have been the right move while others would almost universally lead people to confirm that TS/LF did the right thing (assuming one or the other had to be moved).  I think that is the more interesting conversation if we had the data but it is such a black box that there really isn't anything to talk about.

There was no deal to dump Bogi's salary without either A) taking back bad salary or B) giving up compensation.  There was great concern about his knees (still is).

• Moderators
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

There was no deal to dump Bogi's salary without either A) taking back bad salary or B) giving up compensation.  There was great concern about his knees (still is).

That helps but still leaves us in the same position of not really being able to critique.  The way things stand right now, I am pretty sure there would be posters who would argue that giving up Bogi and some amount of compensation would have been preferable to giving up Huerter.  It is the unknown "some amount" that makes it impossible to really assess.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Curious what the defensive splits are on Huerter this year....might go take a look.

Kings coming to Atlanta Wednesday.  In their win Sunday, Huerter had:

5 rebounds

5 assists

1 steal

He shot 10/19 with four threes.  24 points.

Looking forward to getting to watch my western division team against my Hawk team.  I want Atlanta to win a close one!

🥰

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Kings coming to Atlanta Wednesday.  In their win Sunday, Huerter had:

5 rebounds

5 assists

1 steal

He shot 10/19 with four threes.  24 points.

Did he ever put a stat line that looked like that for us? Really happy for him. Not being fully aggressive was one thing holding him back. He’s turning into their Trae-light. He’s showing his passing skills as well, I felt like he passed less after his rookie year, perhaps he didn’t have the ball in his hands to create.

In any event, I think it’s going to work out both ways, but the Kings did get a heck of a player and a bargain from us.

• Like 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Did he ever put a stat line that looked like that for us?

Just by way of example, last year he had a 25 point, 11 rebound, 5 assist, 1 steal night for us in a win against....Sacramento.  Hmmm.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, AHF said:

Just by way of example, last year he had a 25 point, 11 rebound, 5 assist, 1 steal night for us in a win against....Sacramento.  Hmmm.....

And 27/ 7/ 3/ 1 with one turn.  It was only a measly Semifinals Game 7 tho.

I don’t know how Doc kept his job putting Seth Curry on him for damn near every score.  You could’ve literally served that dude Kevin cooked him so thoroughly to a 165 inside temp.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

And 27/ 7/ 3/ 1 with one turn.  It was only a measly Semifinals Game 7 tho.

I don’t know how Doc kept his job putting Seth Curry on him for damn near every score.  You could’ve literally served that dude Kevin cooked him so thoroughly to a 165 inside temp.

Tell me you’re ready for Thanksgiving without telling me you’re ready Thanksgiving LOL

Hows the smoke Turkey going?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sadly, he doesn't realize his role in the NBA isn't to be a star. It's to be a 3&D role player. If he just masters that role, he could get 10 million per, now he's just a Josh Jackson type of player. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Sadly, he doesn't realize his role in the NBA isn't to be a star. It's to be a 3&D role player. If he just masters that role, he could get 10 million per, now he's just a Josh Jackson type of player. 

Yep, Cam wants to be Michael Jordan when he needs to be a Mikal Bridges type player.  I think he could get more than $10M per if he focused on defense, slashing, and threes.