• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I thought the NBA was going to do something about resting players?  Bucks sit Giannis and Jrue against OKC and still win.  I don't blame them for doing it but it kind of sucks if you're an OKC fan and all the stars of the league are in street clothes when they come to town.  

Does OKC or their fans have any standing to complain about teams not fielding a competitive roster????  🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kevin Heurter is shooting a ridiculous 67.9% TS. Those numbers are off the charts for a wing. 

and the Kings are 4-6. big whupp.    It's almost like there are other factors that go into winning than just having guys who can shoot.

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kevin Heurter is shooting a ridiculous 67.9% TS. Those numbers are off the charts for a wing. 

This is definitely a small sample size item.  He may well be on track to his best ever season and highest TS% of his career.  But it won't be close to 51% 3pt% or 68% TS%.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well the fans do.   

Why?  They're the ones supporting the tank, buying tickets and making the tank possible.  They forfeiting their right when god forbid another team shows up and doesn't play their good players.  And why should they?  If you're going to tank and try and lose why should a good team spend unneeded energy to beat you?

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

yea but Id take that over some stupid luxury tax relief.

and then our defense would be crap again.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, shakes said:

Why?  They're the ones supporting the tank, buying tickets and making the tank possible.  They forfeiting their right when god forbid another team shows up and doesn't play their good players.  And why should they?  If you're going to tank and try and lose why should a good team spend unneeded energy to beat you?

Maybe in another city.   Fans stop showing and buying tickets in OKC and the team will be out of there lickety split.  But they may have played their cards right because this is the year to tank. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Speaking of Kev, thought this was interesting.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-huerter-notes-nba-refs-195831859.html

I have no doubt that Sacramento gets the short end of the stick from refs.  Never worse than that debacle of a series against LA.  But Atlanta is not the best comparison since they also get shorted.  We might only be "bad" instead of "terrible" on how much refs respect us but comparing to Boston or LA, etc. would be the better comparison (especially for a team that is right next to LA, although perhaps that is why he felt he could safely use Atlanta as a comparison).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Kevin was absolutely hosed on this warriors call. 

I made a whole thread on this… or was it a post. Either way I was furious I saw it live that night. The refs stink this year. They weren’t great last year either.

• Like 2

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I made a whole thread on this… or was it a post. Either way I was furious I saw it live that night. The refs stink this year. They weren’t great last year either.

And if the league wants to continue to claim that the officiating isn't corrupt then they need to seriously revamp how it works.  There's 3 refs on the court but it doesn't do any good because for the most part they aren't going correct another ref's call other than the occasional out of bounds.  

And what happened to fines for flopping?  that seems to have disappeared.  

• Sad 2

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

They tinkered with it and said let’s face it, this generation is soft, if they wanna fall backwards for fun, lettem do it. :er:

They should have a replay official that looks at all the questionable stuff while the game progresses.  If there is a ridiculous flop or cheap shot or something then give them a tech at the next dead ball.  At least do this until the last 5 minutes of the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I have no doubt that Sacramento gets the short end of the stick from refs.  Never worse than that debacle of a series against LA.  But Atlanta is not the best comparison since they also get shorted.  We might only be "bad" instead of "terrible" on how much refs respect us but comparing to Boston or LA, etc. would be the better comparison (especially for a team that is right next to LA, although perhaps that is why he felt he could safely use Atlanta as a comparison).

The NBA practically green lights letting Sacramento getting hosed on call after call, for c the benefit of more popular and marketable franchises. It isn't right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Hawks have gotten their share of hosed calls...there was a game against one of the Josh Smith teams where they did not get a freethrow attempt for an entire 1st half. Josh was so pissed during the half time interview as he should be.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

They should have a replay official that looks at all the questionable stuff while the game progresses.  If there is a ridiculous flop or cheap shot or something then give them a tech at the next dead ball.  At least do this until the last 5 minutes of the game. 

Klay high five ✋ him 3 times in the air on one play. 3 officials missing that. They are looking and following the ball 🏀 correct? 

Memo:

Adam Silver to refs: Keep the Warriors season alive NO MATTER WHAT!!!

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

That's awesome.  That's ok though because Hawks are such a good shooting team we didn't really need him.  

200.gif?cid=790b761169iqg0y66jecvatramw5

Huerter started the season on fire but people forget how streaky he is. He isn't gonna finish the season with those humbers. Still miss him and obvious upgrade over J-Hol don't get me wrong though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks have gotten their share of hosed calls...there was a game against one of the Josh Smith teams where they did not get a freethrow attempt for an entire 1st half. Josh was so pissed during the half time interview as he should be.

Tell me how in the actual F was that call last night not either a clear path or take foul committed on Murray late?  Like, whats the actual rule and how did that play not violate any of them? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1