• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

Anybody besides @benhillboy rootin' hard for the Heet to give CLE a good run today?  I wouldnt mind the Cavs getting worn out a bit the day before our backcourt showdown.

No?  So it's just me benhillo and my Heet-fan BIL?  Hey, maybe benhill is my BIL in disguise.  I've never seen them both in the same room together.  😲

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

Not having read the thread to know if this is a theme, allow me the grace as I say this, regardless....

When we get to the place that we're not celebrating a game like this where the other team's roster was significantly depleted, but we pulled it out... but rather, we're pissed that we didn't put them away early... that will be evidence that we're genuinely a contender for the EC trophy.

Back to football.........................................................................

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You don't get pissed at wins in the regular season.

I do.

But like I said... only when my Washington Nationals were at that level... only when my Dallas Cowboys were at that level... and when my team was healthy and the other team was absolutely not.

And like I said, it's the difference between being hopeful and optimistic... versus... being persuaded and expectant that you're in that tier of serious contenders.

17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ugly wins are way better than pretty loses. Point blank simple. 

True, but not relevant to my point.

17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

How we as fans celebrate has nothing to do with who wins championships. 

My words were that it is evidence that we're genuinely a contender.

Not conclusive evidence. But evidence nonetheless.

18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Plenty of championship teams have had to claw through lottery teams for wins during the regular season or have losing records against tanking teams. 

True, but please study my point a little closer. It was not that "you can't win a championship if you have games you should have easily won but only barely did"... which appears to be the point you're arguing against.

My point was my point... ie, when fans evolve to be disappointed by, not just losses, but even thin wins that should have been solid wins... that's a sign/evidence that you've so proven how good you can be... and that the fans of the team have reached such a high level of expectation... that, then, the team's emerged as a legit contender... not a potential contender, but a legit contender.

Hope that makes sense.

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

I do.

But like I said... only when my Washington Nationals were at that level... only when my Dallas Cowboys were at that level... and when my team was healthy and the other team was absolutely not.

And like I said, it's the difference between being hopeful and optimistic... versus... being persuaded and expectant that you're in that tier of serious contenders.

True, but not relevant to my point.

My words were that it is evidence that we're genuinely a contender.

Not conclusive evidence. But evidence nonetheless.

True, but please study my point a little closer. It was not that "you can't win a championship if you have games you should have easily won but only barely did"... which appears to be the point you're arguing against.

My point was my point... ie, when fans evolve to be disappointed by, not just losses, but even thin wins that should have been solid wins... that's a sign/evidence that you've so proven how good you can be... and that the fans of the team have reached such a high level of expectation... that, then, the team's emerged as a legit contender... not a potential contender, but a legit contender.

Hope that makes sense.

It doesn't, but you are entitled to your opinion. No need to elaborate more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sturt said:

Back to football.........................................................................

Washington red commanders? :er:

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Of course my BIL's bois fold like a cheap napkin vs CLE.

Miami looks like a$$! Love it! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Washington red commanders?

7 hours ago, sturt said:
8 hours ago, marco102 said:

You don't get pissed at wins in the regular season.

I do.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Fwiw, I became a fan of all three of my teams before they ever won their first big trophy... my Cowboys fandom began by randomly deciding on this player as my favorite... took them to their first Super Bowl, but lost to Johnny U and Earl Morrall and the Colts on last second FG.

2019-02-14_2248.png

A win is a win is a win!  Doesn't matter who you met and how good or bad they were.  At the end of the season no one ask, "Were these wins against good teams or bad teams?"

Sturt, I get what you are saying.  It should be more exciting to win against that great team and you should really worry when you just slip by a team with a lot of their players out.

Hawks are good.  They are not great.  They have a lot of room for improvement.  When our rookie comes in and plays great like he did in our latest game, we all get excited.  But, as we think of, maybe, he should start, we also worry about the player he might replace.  Why isn't he playig better?  It's a two sided coin. 

A fact.  For every action there is a reaction.  We need all Hawk players playing at their best.  Right now we must say, they are not.  

🧑‍🔧Still attempting to get there!

• Like 4

On 11/20/2022 at 8:55 AM, kg01 said:

Anybody besides @benhillboy rootin' hard for the Heet to give CLE a good run today?  I wouldnt mind the Cavs getting worn out a bit the day before our backcourt showdown.

No?  So it's just me benhillo and my Heet-fan BIL?  Hey, maybe benhill is my BIL in disguise.  I've never seen them both in the same room together.  😲

Cleveland had no choice but to drag their lifeless bodies with Jimmy out, who’s been their only great player while Ded is always solid in his role. Strus is solid but he was much more comfortable with Tucker on the floor.

Their decisions this summer couldn’t have been more f&@ked up, it’s like Pat and Spo had a lobotomy.  They’ve certainly made it to the end of their rope with guys like Herro ($!), Martin, Vincent, and Robinson ($!) being rotation guys and Lowry hanging by a thread.  Just draining Bam at the 5 and getting no production out of it smh.  To play that super small ball shit you gotta have as many elite, versatile defenders on court as possible, which is why I just couldn’t fathom Miami letting Tucker walk nor GS allowing Payton to do so.  Both teams’ struggles are just that simple, along with Kuminga’s regression and some head-scratching signings of Divencienzo and JaMychael Green or however you spell his name.  Somehow the Celtics are still flourishing without Rob Williams and are no worse for wear despite their 20th ranked defense without him.  When he returns it’s gonna get ugly for the East.

A rash of injuries and here the heat are, stttrrruuugggllliinnn.  I still believe they can turn it around, their point differential isn’t that bad but they need a major move.  Oladipo who played wonderfully in the playoffs has no return timeline (again), what else is new.  Hawks certainly looking for a little payback in this upcoming game and they should get it.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

..... I still believe they can turn it around.....

But ... why?

Roster's not getting much better.  No trade pieces to barter to improve.  This is what they are for the foreseeable future.

My BIL (you?) will receive copious amounts of unadulterated sh*t from me during Thanksgiving dinner this week.

• Haha 3