• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I boycotted the conference finals last year because I thought all the teams overachieved and it was one of the weakest conference finals the NBA had seen in its existence….

And here are those bummy teams this year. (Now is when I wish I had that FakeGM account; I’d post this on Texaschick’s personal FakeGM wall :laugh1:

Listen,

F*ck the Heat…

F*ck the Schmelts…

F*ck the Scrubs

and if you wanna be down with Whooka and the mAVS, then you know the rest.

B90B4493-D48C-44DC-BEAC-7BE9F9498763.jpeg

Ooooh, I'm pickin up what you're puttin down squd.

Last year was waaaaay flukier than folks admit.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, warcore said:

Culver played well for CP! Between him, AJ, JHol, and Reese; we've got depth at the 2-3. Makes me question how necessary Bogi is at this point. 

I think Bogi will put all of them in their place.  I'm really psyched about AJ's long-term talent but Nate isn't giving him a lot of run.  He is on pace for 373 minutes this season which is not many.  Culber, JHol and Reese aren't good enough for me.  I'm convinced that Nate trusts JHol so he'll keep getting minutes but I think we need Bogi back to give DM a bit of a break.  Until then, I expect to see DM playing extra minutes because Nate just doesn't trust the alternatives.

• Like 2

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think Bogi will put all of them in their place.  I'm really psyched about AJ's long-term talent but Nate isn't giving him a lot of run.  He is on pace for 373 minutes this season which is not many.  Culber, JHol and Reese aren't good enough for me.  I'm convinced that Nate trusts JHol so he'll keep getting minutes but I think we need Bogi back to give DM a bit of a break.  Until then, I expect to see DM playing extra minutes because Nate just doesn't trust the alternatives.

Folks have forgotten how good Bogi is. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 11/3/2022 at 8:37 AM, MarylandHawk said:

Trae, Murray, and John were voted captains of the team by the team. Each of them have their leadership roles. John vocal and energy, Trae unbounded box office skills, toughness and drive, Murray tenacity, grit, all around get it done. 

No need to pit them against each other. 

"Right before our first game on Opening Night, I put it to a vote," McMillan said. "I want the players to see how these guys have gone through training camp and if they deserve that title."

The players also selected Trae Young and John Collins as captains.

"I normally have three guys who I select as captains, and they got the three most votes," McMillan said.

As a rookie, guard AJ Griffin has tried to absorb lessons from all three. But the trio of captains has different styles of leadership, so he gets different takeaways from each.

"You've got JC who is a great communicator, and then you've got Trae and Dejounte just being able to lead by example," Griffin said. "That maturity in all of them – it felt like it was the right thing to do (to vote for them)."

All three players played a role in leading the Hawks to an overtime win against the Pelicans Saturday. Collins hit the three-point shot that sealed the win. Trae scored a game-high 34 points while facilitating for his teammates with ten assists. Dejounte scored the basket that forced overtime as part of a 22-point, 11-assist, 10-rebound triple-double.

Not only is Collins the longest-tenured Hawk, but the five-year veteran is also one of the most vocal of the team's leaders. 

"My teammates respect me or have love for me; they value my opinion and my game," Collins said, when discussing his selection as a captain. "I'm just trying to honor that to them, right?  And (I want) to be a good leader and a good team and get some wins, man. (I'll) talk to whoever needs to be spoken to, and (I can) also be able to be spoken to as well. I just appreciate it from my teammates, of course."

Trae shared a similar sentiment.

"I just try to every day be a captain – whether my teammates think I am or not – I'm glad that they think that I am. I just try to come in every day and lead by example like I always have. Every day, I try to grow and learn from my teammates – and try to grow vocally as a leader."

The Hawks have had some older veterans in recent seasons like Vince Carter and Solomon Hill. In Dejounte, they have a younger veteran who was ready to take on the mantle of leadership not long after entering the locker room of a new team at age 26.

"I've been preaching that he's a natural-born leader since he's gotten here," Collins said. "The relationship that we've been able to have and garner, I really appreciate. (Dejounte's selection as a captain) lets me know that I'm not the only one who feels that way about DJ. He adds that extra layer of a dog on the court but a leader off it as well."

Dejounte sounded neither surprised or unsurprised that his teammates picked him as one of the captains. And he got right to the heart of the matter in discussing it.

"I just know that my teammates believe in me. I know that they've got my back, and I've got their back. That's really how I could sum it up."

How many of you all thought the Jazz would be 9-3 after 12 games? (this season; with no Stockton and Malone :er:… ooorrrr DWill, Booz, Kiri and Mehmet.. and no D Mitch and Rudy)… :huh:

I don’t even know who their coach is this year but he’s killin it early, the management now retreats getting this coach THIS year. It’s early but they should start thinking about that tank for Wemby. Although when you show out like this, Adam does you favors later.

They can start the tank tomorrow at State Farm. :yes:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How many of you all thought the Jazz would be 9-3 after 12 games? (this season; with no Stockton and Malone :er:… ooorrrr DWill, Booz, Kiri and Mehmet.. and no D Mitch and Rudy)… :huh:

I don’t even know who their coach is this year but he’s killin it early, the management now retreats getting this coach THIS year. It’s early but they should start thinking about that tank for Wemby. Although when you show out like this, Adam does you favors later.

They can start the tank tomorrow at State Farm. :yes:

I did not see that coming.  Lauri is playing well, @kg01 fave Sexton is back from his injury, Clarkson stays shooting.  They got decent players along with the plethora of picks from Wolves and Cavs.

The question is how long before strAigne decides to get more picks and tank: Conley, Clarkson, Gay, Olynyk are all usable vets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

plethora

:er: Cue the gif..

image.gif.f59969719fe950ceac4177a44501ebf8.gif

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Clarkson

I was just gonna ask what you thought about this. I wanted him for us 3 years ago, then two, then cooled off on him a bit, now curious again. We could use him as a Ronald “Flip” Murray or Craw or Lou off the pine 🌲 just a bucket getter. Having said that, I hate stAINGE… as a player for the Schmelts, as well as a GM. 

Out of the vets out there, I’m only onto Crowder, Clarkson and possibly a few more. I don’t wanna mess up any chemistry we got goin with any controversial players.. some just have skill and it comes with some tude.

I wouldn’t mind a giant either. Those guys have now become unicorns 🦄 tho.. Nurk, Jonas plus they aren’t available and even if they were it’ll cost.

• Moderators

I thought the NBA was going to do something about resting players?  Bucks sit Giannis and Jrue against OKC and still win.  I don't blame them for doing it but it kind of sucks if you're an OKC fan and all the stars of the league are in street clothes when they come to town.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I thought the NBA was going to do something about resting players?  Bucks sit Giannis and Jrue against OKC and still win.  I don't blame them for doing it but it kind of sucks if you're an OKC fan and all the stars of the league are in street clothes when they come to town.  

I thought they were strictly prohibited from doing this on the road.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Whaaaat?  Adam Sliver said something then didn't follow through?  Shocking.

On the other hand, screw OKC.  They been effectively 'sitting players' for the past what 3-4 years of the tank.

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

"You better stop.  I mean it this time.  Don't make me shake my fist." - A. Sliver 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

i've seen it several times already, all on the road for various teams.   Honestly i don't think they should do anything about it but still stinks. 

• Like 2