• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A step in the right direction....but he's such a flake you never know what you'll get when/if you shove a 🎤 in his face.

I think the most triggering part of this for me is his use of the word "research".  People really do not understand what that word means anymore.

The apology is not only empty, but it doesn't address the root issue, which is he thinks that Jewish people are not actually Jewish.  Until he acknowledges that glaring misunderstanding, one can only really interpret the statement as him apologizing to other black people -- who he believes are the true Jews.  He's sidestepping the main issue, which is his belief in baseless conspiracy, by cleverly wording this "apology".

The weird part to me is the yearning to be classified as Jewish in the first place, which I believe is ironically rooted in an anti-Semitic misunderstanding of what it means to be "God's Chosen People".  Chosenness is not some divine entitlement or elite class -- it's more a group of people that have the obligation to carry on God's message.  There's no distinction that you need to be Jewish to have a relationship with God.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These guys gonna learn one day.... everything don't need to be posted on social media. Better to keep your mouth closed than open it up and prove yourself as an idiot.

Freedom ain't free my guy. Neither is free speech. This one is gonna cost big time.

You still have Kanye I guess lol

• Like 1

Growing up, I was always taught that my rights ended where another person's nose begins.

Kyrie Wasn't taught this as a youth or he chose to ignore it.  Either way, he ended up in a world of hurt because he didn't respect the feelings of others.

Easy rule:  If what you say or do is going to hurt someone else, don't.  Follow the golden rule!

😉

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Growing up, I was always taught that my rights ended where another person's nose begins.

Kyrie Wasn't taught this as a youth or he chose to ignore it.  Either way, he ended up in a world of hurt because he didn't respect the feelings of others.

Easy rule:  If what you say or do is going to hurt someone else, don't.  Follow the golden rule!

😉

You are wise Gramps. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm a little anxious about the game tonight.

Will the Hawks:

1. Be still on a high from that amazing NY comeback and not locked in and focused 

2. Be a little too relaxed at home and let their guard down.

3. NOP is on a back to back, won vs GSW last night, Hawks are on 2 days (much needed) rest

4. Will Trae play and be effective?

Val always seems to give Clint fits and it's been awhile since we played vs Zion.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm a little anxious about the game tonight.

Will the Hawks:

1. Be still on a high from that amazing NY comeback and not locked in and focused 

2. Be a little too relaxed at home and let their guard down.

3. NOP is on a back to back, won vs GSW last night, Hawks are on 2 days (much needed) rest

4. Will Trae play and be effective?

Val always seems to give Clint fits and it's been awhile since we played vs Zion.

All I know is I'll be at the game tonight, so we better win lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1