2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

On 11/12/2022 at 1:07 AM, RedDawg#8 said:

Cavs have dropped 3 in a row.

Tied with us now at 8-4.

We can jump up to 3rd in the East with  a win in Philly.

Are you sure about this?  Check your sources, RedD.  The eggsperts have awarded CLE the title already.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

4 losses in a row!

Consider the source, burd.  Eggsperts already crowned them guys.  That's all I need to see. 🤓

(On a serious note, not making fun of their losses.  Everyone will have a rough stretch.  Merely making fun of the over-done hype from the eggsperts who are in a rush to annoint them.)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

How many times our guys have to get hit in the face before refs at least review it for a flagrant?

Faul on the Atlanta Hawks #11!  He hit his opponent squarely on the elbow with his nose!  Two shots and the ball.  If he does this again he's out of the game!

😇

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He's better than Jalen.   He is better than Jalen right now, he is miles better than Jalen at this point in Jalen's rookie year.    Maybe Nate does know what he's doing?

Or maybe he should've played Jalen more because rookies don't improve just by sitting on the bench. A rookie shouldn't have to be playing at a high level right out the gate before they can contribute.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

Or maybe he should've played Jalen more because rookies don't improve just by sitting on the bench. A rookie shouldn't have to be playing at a high level right out the gate before they can contribute.

He was playing in CP not sitting on the bench

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He was playing in CP not sitting on the bench

And he went there because McMillan wasn't going to play him. If he was part of McMillan's plans we would've seen more of him with the Hawks. The coach has made it clear he's not interested in developing players, and I think he's a fool for that. No team is too good to incorporate rookies until they give you a reason not to.

• Premium Member

Next up are the Smeltics, how do you see the matchups? Our bigs have typically had the advantage.

I'm interested in seeing Hunter vs Tatum, I'm assuming Hunter gets the assignment on defense, or is JC up to the task?  DJ vs Brown?

Trae vs Smart

DJ vs White (his former teammate)

Hunter vs Brown

JC vs Tatum

Capela vs Horford

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Next up are the Smeltics, how do you see the matchups? Our bigs have typically had the advantage.

I'm interested in seeing Hunter vs Tatum, I'm assuming Hunter gets the assignment on defense, or is JC up to the task?  DJ vs Brown?

Trae vs Smart

DJ vs White (his former teammate)

Hunter vs Brown

JC vs Tatum

Capela vs Horford

They’ve been running Grant Williams with the starters since R. Williams has been out. Last time White started was when Brown was out.

Smart, Brown, Tatum, G. Williams, Horford likely the lineup tomorrow.

Hunter likely with the Tatum matchup. Murray on Brown.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

They’ve been running Grant Williams with the starters since R. Williams has been out. Last time White started was when Brown was out.

Smart, Brown, Tatum, G. Williams, Horford likely the lineup tomorrow.

Hunter likely with the Tatum matchup. Murray on Brown.

Thanks.  How did I miss that? 

Correction - Grant has started the last 5 games.  R. Williams has been out the entire season so far.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae vs Smart

DJ vs Brown

Hunter vs Tatum

JC vs Williams

Capela vs Horford

Like the Bucks game, Hunter has to be the X-factor and make Tatum work on offense, can't let him cruise of defense while loading up on offense.

Brown tends to have a very loose handle sometimes - how many steals for DJ?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thanks.  How did I miss that

Correction - Grant has started the last 5 games.  R. Williams has been out the entire season so far.

Ooh, Burd with the turnover...

This is gonna be an annoying game.  The Williams guy is an emerging punchface who, per him, has never committed a foul. 

• Haha 1