• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Can they suspend home for more than 5? It’s so obvious and annoying he’s just trying to play his way out of Brooklyn in the loudest fashion possible. 

Wonder what Kyrie’s relationship breakups were like with his past girlfriends 👯‍♀️ . They must have been messy AF! 

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

YESSSSSS THE MAGIICCCCC!!!! I’ve never been so proud of Orlando!!! 🤣 

@kg01 your guy Bol Bol :laugh1: Poole got got..this kid is here to stay baby! I’m sorry I loved his dad, I’m wishing him all the best!!! 🥳 Go Bol Go!

0E809DDF-84FC-44BB-88F5-E78A0B3A5C05.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

The snake 🐍 Sliver wants to meet with Kyrie now. Kyrie is about to apologize right after the meeting I’m sure lol. 

B65B0D9D-5F95-491C-9933-82793653ABB9.jpeg

BYE 👋 NETS

image.gif.19690e8adeeb703e286640ee5c0c0b91.gif

Adam Sliver ain't gonna do nothin.  All talk.  They waited what weeks to finally get up the nerve to just 'talk' to him.

He'll probably apologize to Kyrie.

"Ky, whaddo you think your punishment should be?  Time served?  Done and done." - Sliver

(Like how he calls him 'Ky'?)

• Haha 1

I try not to watch the news because I believe it is based on click bait hysteria for profit and there is a lot of disinformation and corporate agenda.  Largely creates useful idiots who parrot the rage and talking points of banks, corporations, and elite's agenda.  Is there an article that clearly shows why this film is antisemitic?  I don't understand the Kanye and Kyrie stuff that has been coming out lately, and have only seen headlines.    

31 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I try not to watch the news because I believe it is based on click bait hysteria for profit and there is a lot of disinformation and corporate agenda.  Largely creates useful idiots who parrot the rage and talking points of banks, corporations, and elite's agenda.  Is there an article that clearly shows why this film is antisemitic?  I don't understand the Kanye and Kyrie stuff that has been coming out lately, and have only seen headlines.    

Theres no easy explanations or summations.  The "beliefs" they're parroting include the idea that Jewish people aren't really the "chosen" people referenced in the Bible or stte.  I think that's the crux of it.

And, of course, all kinds of other conspiracies offshoot from there.  Most of them are bastardized versions of the usual antisemitic tropes but repackaged enough for folks like Kanye, Kyrie, and a strangely high number of other people, to claim they aren't actually antisemitic.

Google black Hebrew Israelites.   That'll give you more info than you wanted on the subject.

If one of them read what I just wrote, they'd write a 1,000 page dissertation about how uneducated I am and, blah, blah, blah.  Just weird people all the way around.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Question. Let's say two employees on equal status meet at work and commence a romantic relationship. Now let's say one of them gets a significant promotion. Do they now have to break as a result of the promotion?

12 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

If one of them now reports to the other, they would/should report it to HR at a minimum and they would likely change reporting structure.  Most larger companies have strict policies about employee relations so there would be a protocol for this situation.  It could still be harmless even after promotion if they're on separate teams and the promoted employee has no influence or power over the other person in the work setting.

Jeff's comment is a good one.  The most common way to address the issue is to change the reporting relationships to ensure that the now promoted romantic partner does not have decision-making authority over promotions, pay raises, and other terms and conditions of employment for the employee. 

For example, if the Director of Tax and Corporate Controller are both Grade 18 employees in an organization who report directly into the CFO and the Controller is made the CFO you could have the Director of Tax now report to the Chief Administrative Officer instead of the CFO.  No one can accuse the CFO of favoring her boy toy or husband, etc. and the Director of Tax can't accuse the CFO of using that power dynamic to force behavior that the DoT claims later claims is non-consensual, etc.

It is also not unusual to see one of the two people take a different role in the Company.  For example, maybe the Director of Tax becomes the finance lead inside of Supply Chain reporting to the SVP - Supply Chain instead of the CFO.  

Having sexual relationships between bosses and subordinates without controls in place is a recipe for a disaster and is not something you see in model companies.

But you don't even have to go there with this situation if you are working off the reported facts that Boston management told him to end the relationship and the woman told him to stop and he continued pursuing her over both of their objections.  That is not just a bad look but is outright insubordination and clear unwelcome sexual advances.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

For example, if the Director of Tax and Corporate Controller are both Grade 18 employees in an organization who report directly into the CFO and the Controller is made the CFO you could have the Director of Tax now report to the Chief Administrative Officer instead of the CFO.  No one can accuse the CFO of favoring her boy toy or husband, etc. and the Director of Tax can't accuse the CFO of using that power dynamic to force behavior that the DoT claims later claims is non-consensual, etc.

Yeah, even this is sticky and probably not acceptable in some cases.  The CFO would have authority and influence over everyone in the company's pay and the conflict of interest would still be there.  There's a level of position you can reach where it's not really acceptable to have relations with anyone in the organization.  Even if the CFO is perfectly objective in decision making in this situation, the optics are bad and it will create distrust and conflict in the organization.  It's impossible to detangle. 

Someone might get a poor merit increase or passed on a promotion, and think it's because they had a heated exchange with the CFOs boyfriend in supply chain.  And all interactions with the now supply chain finance lead have the possibility of making their way to the CFO through their personal life.  You can imagine the toxicity and speculation that arises from that situation.  

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

But you don't even have to go there with this situation if you are working off the reported facts that Boston management told him to end the relationship and the woman told him to stop and he continued pursuing her over both of their objections.  That is not just a bad look but is outright insubordination and clear unwelcome sexual advances.

Exactly -- this is really all that matters in this particular situation.  Ime was clearly way out of line and harassing the woman.  I would still put my chips on a lawsuit that is currently being settled given how hush the C's have been about the details, and the fact they're so happy to let him walk to Brooklyn, but that's obviously just my speculation. 

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, even this is sticky and probably not acceptable in some cases.  The CFO would have authority and influence over everyone in the company's pay and the conflict of interest would still be there.  There's a level of position you can reach where it's not really acceptable to have relations with anyone in the organization.  Even if the CFO is perfectly objective in decision making in this situation, the optics are bad and it will create distrust and conflict in the organization.  It's impossible to detangle. 

Someone might get a poor merit increase or passed on a promotion, and think it's because they had a heated exchange with the CFOs boyfriend in supply chain.  And all interactions with the now supply chain finance lead have the possibility of making their way to the CFO through their personal life.  You can imagine the toxicity and speculation that arises from that situation.  

Don't disagree with that.  It is not unusual for high ranking executives to be flatly prohibited from having any romantic relationship within the company.  But that depends on Company culture and especially the CEO's view on this in my experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Good that he's now a rotation player.  Folks comparing him to KD were always waay off. 

:laugh: No those guys were off but he’s gonna stick unlike Bruno don’t @ me.  

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Adam Sliver ain't gonna do nothin.  All talk.  They waited what weeks to finally get up the nerve to just 'talk' to him.

He'll probably apologize to Kyrie.

"Ky, whaddo you think your punishment should be?  Time served?  Done and done." - Sliver

(Like how he calls him 'Ky'?)

Not this time it’s against his own people. Adam is gonna dish it out to Ky. IMHO 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/kyrie-irving-boosts-antisemitic-movie-peddling-jewish-slave-ships-theory-1234620125/

https://twitter.com/PabloTorre/status/1587111930350682116

There you go.

The film is so bad it even relies on known Black person lover Hitler to prove it's point.

As a Jew (am I the only one who posts here?)  the film is extremely anti-semitic and Kyrie promoting it will most likely lead to violent acts against Jews.   New Jersey just announced yesterday that they believe there is a credible threat to Jewish temples right now and put them all on lockdown.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Theres no easy explanations or summations.  The "beliefs" they're parroting include the idea that Jewish people aren't really the "chosen" people referenced in the Bible or stte.  I think that's the crux of it.

And, of course, all kinds of other conspiracies offshoot from there.  Most of them are bastardized versions of the usual antisemitic tropes but repackaged enough for folks like Kanye, Kyrie, and a strangely high number of other people, to claim they aren't actually antisemitic.

Google black Hebrew Israelites.   That'll give you more info than you wanted on the subject.

If one of them read what I just wrote, they'd write a 1,000 page dissertation about how uneducated I am and, blah, blah, blah.  Just weird people all the way around.

There's a lot more to it than that.

The part where the film tries to claim that blacks are the original Jews and Jews took that from them is probably the least offensive anti-semitic claim in the film.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

As a Jew (am I the only one who posts here?)  

Southern Baptist here.  We are taught in my church that, since we are born again believers, we are adopted children of God.  This makes us adopted Jews because they are God's chosen people.

Therefolre, no, you are not the only Jew here!

🥰

• Like 1