• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
11 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

There is no way they did not severely downplay what he did publicly -- why else would they suspend him for a year?  The facts do not add up the way the Celtics org told the story.  And you can have consentual workplace relationships that are still inappropriate due to power dynamics.  I should know as I finished my sexual harassment training at work today lol, so anyone that wants a lesson on quid pro quo sexual harassment v hostile workplace sexual harassment v third party hostile work environment sexual harassment, let me know! 

The report I read was that Ime was hooking up with someone that was in a lower position that he had direct or indirect control over their job/role within the org.  It's not appropriate, even if 100% consentual, because of the power dynamic at play.  My guess is that is just the tip of the iceberg though, because if that was the only thing going on, they'd likely keep it private, force them to end relations, and have some internal punishment.  Because they suspended him for a year, effectively terminating him, I'm assuming what he did was worse and they are possibly fighting legal battles because of his actions.  Just my 2 cents though

Agree with your take.  We talked a lot about the power dynamic and why it is a terrible idea for a boss to have a relationship with a subordinate employee when this first broke.  The other element is that he allegedly continued pursuing her after she told him to stop and after the Celtics told him to stop.  There is an insubordination element to it as well.  No one would have heard about this if he had stopped after the first time the Celtics stepped in with him and told him no more.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Has this ever happened before? All teams are playing on one night?

...and FREE

Yoy answered your own question, burd.

Being off for voting night must be the new thing forcing all teams to play MON.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Dnice said:

That's good and all, but tough if you want a diversion from the election results... Find reruns I suppose.

they got this thing called streaming services now.  You should check them out.  Start with Netflix.

28 minutes ago, shakes said:

they got this thing called streaming services now.  You should check them out.  Start with Netflix.

I really want to watch The Bear but there’s literally nothing else I want to see on Hulu.  I’ll catch it when I catch it.

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I really want to watch The Bear but there’s literally nothing else I want to see on Hulu.  I’ll catch it when I catch it.

When they get home from school, I'll ask the kg's if you could come watch at our house.  Kg05 is a firm 'no' so far.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

When they get home from school, I'll ask the kg's if you could come watch at our house.  Kg05 is a firm 'no' so far.

Why kg05 got beef?  

“You wanna do a G, come and talk to a G/ you might not even act like that, only if you knew a G.”

-Young Dro

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Why kg05 got beef?  

“You wanna do a G, come and talk to a G/ you might not even act like that, only if you knew a G.”

-Young Dro

'05 be like that.  Remember his uncle is an actual Heat fan.  I mightve let it slip that you're a closet one and he ain't want no more around.  Who knows? 

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 9:41 AM, AHF said:

Agree with your take.  We talked a lot about the power dynamic and why it is a terrible idea for a boss to have a relationship with a subordinate employee when this first broke.  The other element is that he allegedly continued pursuing her after she told him to stop and after the Celtics told him to stop.  There is an insubordination element to it as well.  No one would have heard about this if he had stopped after the first time the Celtics stepped in with him and told him no more.

Question. Let's say two employees on equal status meet at work and commence a romantic relationship. Now let's say one of them gets a significant promotion. Do they now have to break as a result of the promotion?

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Question. Let's say two employees on equal status meet at work and commence a romantic relationship. Now let's say one of them gets a significant promotion. Do they now have to break as a result of the promotion?

If one of them now reports to the other, they would/should report it to HR at a minimum and they would likely change reporting structure.  Most larger companies have strict policies about employee relations so there would be a protocol for this situation.  It could still be harmless even after promotion if they're on separate teams and the promoted employee has no influence or power over the other person in the work setting.