• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The Celtics are better than us right now. Win some. You lose some.

Maybe but I've seen the Hawks do this before. Big win on the road, come home and are a little too relaxed.

I didn't like Nate's game plan on defense though. Smelts put up lots of 3s and we weren't ready for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe but I've seen the Hawks do this before. Big win on the road, come home and are a little too relaxed.

I didn't like Nate's game plan on defense though. Smelts put up lots of 3s and we weren't ready for it.

We've seen everything before with this team.  They've been much more consistent from game to game than years before.

The Celtics hit 21 threes the Hawks hit 7.  Ball game.  The shooting has to get better if they expect to go anywhere.  Hopefully, they'll get out of the slump sooner than later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

We've seen everything before with this team.  They've been much more consistent from game to game than years before.

The Celtics hit 21 threes the Hawks hit 7.  Ball game.  The shooting has to get better if they expect to go anywhere.  Hopefully, they'll get out of the slump sooner than later.

How long before we stop calling it a slump and just accept that we are a bad shooting team this season?

In each category someone has to finish last, and maybe this year we are the worse 3pt shooting team in the league. 

We lost 3 amazing shooters in Bogi, Kev, and Gallo. We were bound to regress.

We picked up some good defenders though, and you see the results on that end. Maybe we are who we are until Bogi gets back or a change is made.

• Like 1

No time to panic but we are only 1 game out of being in 8th place. We are as close to 2nd place Bucks (1.5 games) as we are to 9th place 76ers.

There’s a lot of basketball to be played, and we are in no way solidified as a top team yet. We have to continue to make improvements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

How long before we stop calling it a slump and just accept that we are a bad shooting team this season?

In each category someone has to finish last, and maybe this year we are the worse 3pt shooting team in the league. 

We lost 3 amazing shooters in Bogi, Kev, and Gallo. We were bound to regress.

We picked up some good defenders though, and you see the results on that end. Maybe we are who we are until Bogi gets back or a change is made.

More than 15 games.  I just see some regression to the mean with Collins and Trae.  You may think they continue to shoot at all time worst.  The major problem has been those two if we're being honest. Dejounte is now shooting 32% and that's about his career average so I'm not looking at much improvement from him.  Also, will help when Bogi gets back. 

It wasn't JUST the three point shooting last night.  The Hawks shot like 33% on their midrange shots which they've been a slightly above average midrange team. 

Am I more concerned about the overall shooting, not just three, than at the start of the season? Yes! Am I overreacting over a 15 game sample? Nope. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Each NBA team’s biggest concern right now: 

Atlanta Hawks

What’s wrong with … Trae? The good news for the Hawks is that their biggest concern is not what usually has been their biggest concern: defense. Entering Thursday, the team was 12th in defensive rating at 111, which is a monumental leap from 26th (113.7) last season. But equally stunning is that Trae Young has struggled with his shooting. It’s not a major concern at this point because the Hawks are off to a good start and Young leads them in scoring at 27 points per game. But through 14 games, he had career-low percentages in field goals (37.8 percent, down from 46.0 last year) and 3-pointers (30.9, down from 38.2). The Hawks as a team rank only 28th in 3-point shooting, but this is an area they figure to improve in, particularly after Bogdan Bogdanović returns from a knee injury. — Jeff Schultz

https://theathletic.com/3907466/2022/11/18/nba-team-concerns-2022-23/?source=weeklyemail&campaign=602288

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
On 11/16/2022 at 10:15 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

We were beaten so badly in this game that it makes no sense to analyze.

All the Celts were hitting shots... with hands in their faces and wide open.   This was, IMO, one of those games.   We kept Tatum and Brown in low points area most of the game... it didn't matter. 

• Like 1