• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter Signs Extension:4yrs/$95 million

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Anyway, Hunter is resigned to what I think is a great contract and that is all that matters!  Anyone who claims that I think that Hunter got over paid is just arguing to be arguing.  I have to be the biggest Hunter fan on the message board but some can't even comprehend that simple fact.

Can you at least try to explain why you quoted me?

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Everybody else seems to understand what was being said except you. Can you at least try?

I am trying and asked you a simple question.  What makes no sense to me is why you quoted me and responded the way you did if you meant to cite that article as evidence that Hunter wanted to be paid ~$100M and deserved it.  So I remain confused but believe your answer to this question will help explain it.  

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Why did you quote me and say "where are these rumors (rumors that he wanted more than Bridges) coming from?"

Should be obvious where they were coming from.  Hunter wanted more than Bridges.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Someone else already tried and failed so I have to move on

Please at least try to answer.  No one responded with an explanation as to why you would quote me like that.  

For you to chide me for not even trying to understand you and then have me explain why I am struggling to understand you and you refuse to explain it is really hard to understand.  

It is a pretty simple question.  

When you quoted me and said "where are these rumors (rumors that he wanted more than Bridges) coming from?" I understood that to be an objection to the idea that Hunter was demanding more than Bridges got and the subsequent quote to be intended as evidence that Hunter was not demanding anything that high (because why would the beat writer think $64M to $70M was realistic if Hunter was demanding $100M+).  I am not sure why I would have been quoted if a different point was being made.

So, again, why did you quote me and say "where are these rumors (rumors that he wanted more than Bridges) coming from?"

22 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was hoping for 4 yr 80 like Keldon Johnson, but I can live with 4 yr 90..

Please stay healthy Dre

dm0na.jpg.11b6c271a19b5e9a7046f297ca3900ea.jpg

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Sobering thought, comparing the two.

But the real news here? We have a Hawks beat writer in our midst. Lauren is Jay and Jay is Lauren. (See last sentence.)

😉

Wait. Nah. Maybe not. Lauren has answered a couple of questions I'd asked. Jay answers questions, just not the ones I ask. Sometimes, that is.

😄

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Naaah....you just don't like my answer since it doesn't fit into your box! :stirthepot:

Had to argue with myself... do I care enough? Didn't we already cover this pretty thoroughly by now???

*sigh*

Okay, this far and no further.

===========================

muah asked:

On 10/15/2022 at 6:04 PM, sturt said:
On 10/15/2022 at 9:14 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Thoughts on Nate saying 'Bogi is away away' and not even practicing as yet?  Season starts in 4 days!

Did Fields miss the mark?

Of course he has.

The actual question here, though Jay, isn't that.

Do you believe he was lying, and contrary to my skepticism then, knew fairly well this was how it would play out?

And after a dance routine on her part... and after another HSer rising to her defense... (aside... does any poster get more other posters coming to his/her defense than this one... just curious... )... she ends the debate herself, and as I said above, I thought we were done here, given this clarifying answer.... errrr... as clarifying as we're going to get, just because....

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I never mentioned, said, projected or intimated one way or the other I thought Fields was lying or not.

Now. Remind me again. What did she just claim immediately above this post?

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Naaah....you just don't like my answer since it doesn't fit into your box!

Hmmm.

Stirring the pot? Just looking for a reaction? Perhaps.

Or, maybe there's some schizo thing here that is none of our business, and the two Jays need to talk to herselves and have their story straight?

Dunno. But I wish her (... or... hers???... ) the best anyway.

🙂  ........sturt out... on this topic, that is.

• Premium Member

We might be seeing more Trae/Hunter PnR.

"He has done well posting up mismatches -- often after screening for Young and forcing switches. Atlanta scored almost 1.12 points per possession directly out of Young-Hunter pick-and-rolls -- 52nd among 457 pairings that ran at least 100 such actions..."

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We might be seeing more Trae/Hunter PnR.

"He has done well posting up mismatches -- often after screening for Young and forcing switches. Atlanta scored almost 1.12 points per possession directly out of Young-Hunter pick-and-rolls -- 52nd among 457 pairings that ran at least 100 such actions..."

👍

Love the redirect!!!  This place is becoming a drag for some reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

👍

Love the redirect!!!  This place is becoming a drag for some reason.

Guess you just aren't going to share why you posted that,  If you change your mind I would welcome it.  By PM if  you prefer.  Still have no idea why you quoted me.  Doesn't make any sense to me.  :dontknow:

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Here we have this upcoming season filled with optimism and fans of this team still looking for a fight with other fans. Maybe the world has be changed forever and this is as good as its going to get for some. Shame.

I literally do not understand what you are talking about and am just asking for a clarification.  I have been very clear why I don't understand what you wrote.  You said that I should be expected to give you a good faith effort to try to understand what you wrote.  I've done that and can't understand it.  I am now just asking the same good faith effort from you in return - please explain what you were trying to communicate when you quoted me.  

If you refuse to engage in good faith then I don't know what to tell you.  It is bizarre to ask someone to make an effort to understand you and then refuse to explain yourself.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

I remember trying to explain to people here that Hunter is a top 3 and D wing but had no way to really quantify it. This just confirms it. Thanks. 

His focus on the opposing team's primary wing scorer was also a reason why his rebounding was so anemic.  To the extent that DM can take some of those matchups this season, it should leave Hunter with more energy for offense and more freedom to rebound.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, AHF said:

His focus on the opposing team's primary wing scorer was also a reason why his rebounding was so anemic.  To the extent that DM can take some of those matchups this season, it should leave Hunter with more energy for offense and more freedom to rebound.

Back in college he didn't rebound either. He's never rebounded. Not sure how that can be the case with his size, but it is what it is. As long as he plays defense and offense the way he did last game though, rebounding not that important to me. We should be fine with Collins, Capella, Murray and Okonguw snatching rebounds up... I hope.