• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They won't. The deemed Murray a guy putting up stats on a bad team. It's only most Hawks fans saw the difference it would make going from Huerter to DJ and how it would unlock Hunter and JC on both offense and defense.

Skip Bayless REALLY liked the move.  He spoke at length about how he liked Murray.  My personal take is Trae and Murray compliment each other very well.  Skip does make valid points about Dejuante's defense and size helping Trae.

"they just went out and got a bigger, better Trae Young..."

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Skip Bayless REALLY liked the move.  He spoke at length about how he liked Murray.  My personal take is Trae and Murray compliment each other very well.  Skip does make valid points about Dejuante's defense and size helping Trae.

"they just went out and got a bigger, better Trae Young..."

Skip doesn't like Trae so don't be surprised to hear him make narratives that Dejounte is the true #1 on this team. Especially in the playoffs.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

We got a lot of foundational elements to consistently win that were not part of last year's team.  I'm looking forward to the pundits who mostly yawned at the Murray acquisition to start eating their words.  It's like they said adding 24 ppg 9apg 8 rpg would make a huge difference to most teams ....BUT this is the Hawks.  He doesn't change much for them.  

We still got a lot to iron out, but the foundations are there.  Two guys with double digit assists who have a low turnover ratio, plus one of them is a defensive menace.  The parts of the game that have been lacking, mostly outside shooting, I see as not being in rhythm yet for the season.  

Looking forward to a game where it all comes together and we dominate from start to finish.  Right now we are gutting these wins out.  

This is very important.  I hope it makes the guys realize, when the offense isn't working, playing tough defense can get you a win.

The Hawks still have a young core, but the national folks seem to talk about us like we are a vet team.

I like what I'm seeing thus far.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Folks way to high on OO.  I say that as fully an OO fan myself. 

This.. I just dont see it.. Especially as the 6th pick in the entire draft..

Ive been unimpressed with JJ too..But he hasnt played nearly as much NBA ball as OO..

Edited by terrell
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

it.

and what exactly is “it”. You want a flakey stat type center like KAT that’s as soft as charmin but puts up 30/10 but doesn’t win games for you? OO wins, period. He scores 1 point or 21, he does it WITHIN THE FLOW OF THE GAME.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

and what exactly is “it”. You want a flakey stat type center like KAT that’s as soft as charmin but puts up 30/10 but doesn’t win games for you? OO wins, period. He scores 1 point or 21, he does it WITHIN THE FLOW OF THE GAME.

Sorry Spud, I know he's your boy and all. but he's been underwhelming so far.. I expected to see more from him this season.. Just my opinion of course.. And its early in the year, so..............Not saying Im giving up on the kid or anything.. Just sayin.

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

This.. I just dont see it.. Especially as the 6th pick in the entire draft..

Ive been unimpressed with JJ too..But he hasnt played nearly as much NBA ball as OO..

They both have not played a ton of games.

OO finally got to 100 games played last night.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Flashes that make me say yeah that dude is "it"..

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It's been 2 games, lol

Yeah I said its early...

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

When did I mention KAT?