• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We gotta be honest on JJ. He don't fit at the 4. He's not a finisher and in the half court. He's Hella limited. His screens are mid and the lost of Gallo is massively felt. I am okay trading JJ and Holiday for a legit backup PF like Jarred Vanderbilt. JJ got talent, that's unquestionable but his fit is questionable at best

I put JJ in a trade package for Crowder and people went nuts. Squawk loves JJ, I like the kid but you right he doesn’t seem to fit us well. Lotta iso plays for him, he’s a one on one dude for real.

Edited by Spud2nique

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I put JJ in a trade package for Crowder and people went nuts. Squawk loves JJ, I like the kid but you right he doesn’t seem to fit us well.

Because most Hawks fans get attatched to certain players(instead of the TEAM) for some reason.. I dont have a favorite Hawk. Im just a HAWKS fan..Period..

JJ hasnt shown anything to warrant him being untouchable.. Thats crazy.. lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, swanlee said:

That was a bad game, looks like we are just not shooting well in the early part of the season but this is the first game to do us in for that. I hope when bogi gets back his shooting catches among the team

It usually takes Bogi a while to get going after he gets back though.. smh

Edited by terrell

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Capela offense isn't what's passing me off the most. His defense hasn't been good this year. He's an elite rim and paint protector. I haven't seen either this year from him. I've seen better defense from JC. Clint needs to get it together. I know these are tough matchups for him with the athletes these younger teams have at the 5 but damn, you gotta protect the damn paint. That's what you do.

Yea he needs to STOP missing from 1 ft away from the goal. The whole team is not shooting very well right now

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

People don’t get that, they just think he is miraculously that much better in Sac..gimme a break. 

Huerter was ass last night....

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Yea he needs to STOP missing from 1 ft away from the goal. The whole team is not shooting very well right now

Damn.. We do like a narrative huh???  Even if it doesn't fit. 

Clint was 6 of 8 yesterday.  that's 75%.  If Clint shoots 75% for the season, we should be ec-damn-static. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

And a Monday morning quarterback at that. :facts3:

I said it after game 1 win and game 2 win. You cannot be a serious NBA team playing rotation minutes where 3 of your 9 guys being Holiday, Holiday, Johnson.. lol

on top of that Capela is 0 offense, Murray cant really shoot(neither can Trae tbh),  and Hunter/Collins is hit or miss..

I see a playin team if we dont make any more moves... I hope Im wrong.. Hawks need to at least add some more SIZE..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I said it after game 1 win and game 2 win. You cannot be a serious NBA team playing rotation minutes where 3 of your 9 guys being Holiday, Holiday, Johnson.. lol

on top of that Caplea is 0 offense, Murray cant really shoot(neither can Trae tbh),  and Hunter/Collins is hit or miss..

I see a playin team if we dont make any more moves... I hope Im wrong.. Hawks need to at least add some more SIZE..

And next week you come back as a :cheer:for us. 

Long season T settle down.

• Like 1

I don’t think we should continue to commit to the 12 min stretches of play for Trae and DJM each quarter.

I think we need to look at shorter runs and more breaks for both.

We left Trae out there with 2 fouls just because of the pre set “rotation” and he proceeded to not play any defense after that and still picked up a soft 3rd foul. Now our whole gameplan is out of whack because he had to sit before the end if the quarter.

Conversely, DJM is struggling to find a rhythm offensively, imagine if he wasn’t being asked to carry the defensive load for the entire 2nd & 4th quarter without a breather.

If we want better 2-way play out of our top players, we should spell them more during the game.

They can go harder on both ends  in shorter bursts.

• Premium Member

I bit my tongue after the first two games because we won, but enough is enough with the Holiday bros.  They suck, they've always sucked and they're always going to suck.   Nate should be immediately fired if either one of them gets minutes ahead of Griffin.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don’t think we should continue to commit to the 12 min stretches of play for Trae and DJM each quarter.

I think we need to look at shorter runs and more breaks for both.

We left Trae out there with 2 fouls just because of the pre set “rotation” and he proceeded to not play any defense after that and still picked up a soft 3rd foul. Now our whole gameplan is out of whack because he had to sit before the end if the quarter.

Conversely, DJM is struggling to find a rhythm offensively, imagine if he wasn’t being asked to carry the defensive load for the entire 2nd & 4th quarter without a breather.

If we want better 2-way play out of our top players, we should spell them more during the game.

They can go harder on both ends  in shorter bursts.

Guess here is that McM is purposely erring on the side of too many minutes (38-ish) in order to serve two purposes: (a) he has said our guys conditioning isn't where he wants it and (b) it's been acknowledged that there is a learning curve to be negotiated as Trae and DJM get used to each other.