• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons (Freaky Friday)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

LOL

They took 29 and made 12. That's more than 40%. Tonight proves the offense is better when they are balanced and make perimeter shots.

Your agenda to stop taking 3s is nonsensical. 

I don't understand...Isn't this what they average on the season?

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

By the way, Do y'all still think we need to take more 3's to score a lot of points?

Yes.

16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

LOL

They took 29 and made 12. That's more than 40%. Tonight proves the offense is better when they are balanced and make perimeter shots.

Your agenda to stop taking 3s is nonsensical. 

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Like I said after the 1st Detroit game....the volume of the non-Trae 3s needs to increase. Last game 15, this game 23.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You think they avg 12 makes and 40% for the season? Apparently you don't actually pay attention. 

Even with tonight's game they only avg 28% from the field. I've said all along if they shoot 35-40% on 30-35 attempts we'll be fine. Thats basically 10-12 makes per game. They shot 41% on 29 attempts tonight. Made 12. That's what they need to do consistently if they want to beat the top teams unless they are going to shoot 65% on 2pt. 

Tonight was HIGHLY efficient (63% from 2pt). Won't do that every game. They also benefitted from Det only making 7 3pt. League avg is 12 or so per game. 

The point remains, if you want the offense to be really good, they need balance. And in the NBA, that means taking 3s and making 3s. About 12 makes per night will be avg. Hawks are plenty good enough in the mid range and at the rim to be an elite offense if they can find 12 ir so makes per game. 

But they can't live in the 7-8 makes range and win consistently. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We Will need OO to stay out of foul trouble in this one.

Absolutely! Nate probably should play Kaminsky more tomorrow just so we can use OO on Giannis.

Can you imagine Nate putting Jalen on that monster?!…

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You think they avg 12 makes and 40% for the season? Apparently you don't actually pay attention. 

Even with tonight's game they only avg 28% from the field. I've said all along if they shoot 35-40% on 30-35 attempts we'll be fine. Thats basically 10-12 makes per game. They shot 41% on 29 attempts tonight. Made 12. That's what they need to do consistently if they want to beat the top teams unless they are going to shoot 65% on 2pt. 

Tonight was HIGHLY efficient (63% from 2pt). Won't do that every game. They also benefitted from Det only making 7 3pt. League avg is 12 or so per game. 

The point remains, if you want the offense to be really good, they need balance. And in the NBA, that means taking 3s and making 3s. About 12 makes per night will be avg. Hawks are plenty good enough in the mid range and at the rim to be an elite offense if they can find 12 ir so makes per game. 

But they can't live in the 7-8 makes range and win consistently. 

I think they only made 4 out of 9 in the 1st half and still scored 69 points...Just saying

I Some early season ramblings. Where is Kris Dunn? Not sure we would want him back,, may have burned bridges.We need a more physical perimeter defender than JHOLIDAY for guys like Cunningham.  Hawks aren't pushing the ball like they did in the first couple of games. It is starting to look like last year's offense with Trae dominating the ball. How does JC get so few shots in a half or game. Don't want to see us fall back into just a pnr team with the ball in Trae's hands  taking turns handling the ball with Murray. It is easy to fall back into a Pnr team especially since we run it so well. Then we run into a Miami in the playoffs and they shut it completely down. Is Trae moving without the ball or waiting to get the ball back? Don't want to fall back into old habits under utilizing  Hunter and Collins who seem to get their offense going better when we are running and they get the ball in transition.  Also Collins can get better low post position when we are running. 

Early observation is the Hawks are still too small and lack three point shooting.  Will struggle against bigger teams like Charlotte with Richards. I didn't like  the Heuter trade, rather have Kev than Holiday. Wish we could have added a second Bogdanovic to replace Gallo's three pt shooting. I understand the implications of the Tax.  Hopfully JHOLIDAY supplies  more shooting but I have my doubts. Want to see a well balanced offense, with pace not one completely  dominated by our guards. Want to make sure we are using our forwards.

Second team did a good job. Over all a good job just want to see them running more,pushing the ball up court. Very few wholes but could use some size and three pt shooting  come playoffs, by then maybe some of the younger players  like AJ and JJ will be contributing along with the  return of Bogi. Can we get some shooting from Big Frank?  Still very early, let's take a look twenty games in.Then we will see what we have. Good start .

GO HAWKS!!!

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I Some early season ramblings. Where is Kris Dunn? Not sure we would want him back,, may have burned bridges.We need a more physical perimeter defender than JHOLIDAY for guys like Cunningham.  Hawks aren't pushing the ball like they did in the first couple of games. It is starting to look like last year's offense with Trae dominating the ball. How does JC get so few shots in a half or game. Don't want to see us fall back into just a pnr team with the ball in Trae's hands  taking turns handling the ball with Murray. It is easy to fall back into a Pnr team especially since we run it so well. Then we run into a Miami in the playoffs and they shut it completely down. Is Trae moving without the ball or waiting to get the ball back? Don't want to fall back into old habits under utilizing  Hunter and Collins who seem to get their offense going better when we are running and they get the ball in transition.  Also Collins can get better low post position when we are running. 

Early observation is the Hawks are still too small and lack three point shooting.  Will struggle against bigger teams like Charlotte with Richards. I didn't like  the Heuter trade, rather have Kev than Holiday. Wish we could have added a second Bogdanovic to replace Gallo's three pt shooting. I understand the implications of the Tax.  Hopfully JHOLIDAY supplies  more shooting but I have my doubts. Want to see a well balanced offense, with pace not one completely  dominated by our guards. Want to make sure we are using our forwards.

Second team did a good job. Over all a good job just want to see them running more,pushing the ball up court. Very few wholes but could use some size and three pt shooting  come playoffs, by then maybe some of the younger players  like AJ and JJ will be contributing along with the  return of Bogi. Can we get some shooting from Big Frank?  Still very early, let's take a look twenty games in.Then we will see what we have. Good start .

GO HAWKS!!!

Kris Dunn?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Then we run into a Miami in the playoffs and they shut it completely down.

Did we run into Miami or did half of our team run into Miami?

No Clint.   No JC.  No Bogi...

I can't wait til we play Miami this season and Beat them unmercifully... 

I'm telling you now.. I'm going to talk much trash to all the misguided boxscore watchers...

Nov. 27th... Get your popcorn ready!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think they only made 4 out of 9 in the 1st half and still scored 69 points...Just saying

OK.

Clearly no amount of logic or data from games is going to convince you. So keep on thinking they can beat better teams making 7-8 3s a night I guess.  When we are a 40 win team doing that maybe you'll be satisfied.  

• Like 1