• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

If we are trading Young, i can forsee two deals where I think the deal can make some sense to the franchise.

Both of them involve bringing an all star or potential all star home.

Young to Minnesota for Ant Edwards and DeAngelo Russell.

OR

Young to Boston for Jaylen Brown and Derrick White.

Holiday Bros would potentially go the other way to even up salaries.

When you are trading the face of the franchise you need to bring in someone to replace him both on court and from a marketing poimt of view. That's why it make sense to target hometown stars like Brown or Edwards.

Ant Man would be my number 1 preference but not sure Minnesota would be willing to deal him so soon. Brown is possibly more gettable.

11 hours ago, marco102 said:

The only upgrade for John is Pascal.

The Raptors are not trading him so it is a moot point. 

However, if they could make this happen, I'd be more than okay.  I think you need an extra pick or one of our young players thrown in to realistically make it work. Also, Toni would be in the Luxury tax unless he cut or traded someone else.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_12-27-2022_11-25-20AM.thumb.png.bc314f3f468fd2565aa49920f7e5aaeb.png

Haven't we traded away the majority of our tradeable first rounders for the next 6. Or 7 years at least?  You can't trade first round picks in consecutive years.  The DJM trade has left us tradeable firstt rounder depleted (other than maybe the SAC trade) for a long time.

Edited by Watchman

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Source confirmed what my eyes thought I saw: Hawks were featuring Collins tonight to showcase him for other teams. He finally gets shots and has his best night of the season. Amazing how that happens.

Dude just put up 26/10 on 64% FG% and 50% 3pt%...

and we gonna trade him.

Mighty fine brain trust we have down there. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Cheapo Ressler strikes again.

I can see it..

JC to Indy for Daniel Theis and 2 future first (2023 and 2025)..

I was wondering why the Indy fans were clapping for JC when he fouled out...

The fans already know. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

If we are trading Young, i can forsee two deals where I think the deal can make some sense to the franchise.

OR

Young to Boston for Jaylen Brown and Derrick White.

Holiday Bros would potentially go the other way to even up salaries.

When you are trading the face of the franchise you need to bring in someone to replace him both on court and from a marketing poimt of view. That's why it make sense to target hometown stars like Brown or Edwards.

Ant Man would be my number 1 preference but not sure Minnesota would be willing to deal him so soon. Brown is possibly more gettable.

We aren't trading Trae Young.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I can see it..

JC to Indy for Daniel Theis and 2 future first (2023 and 2025)..

I was wondering why the Indy fans were clapping for JC when he fouled out...

The fans already know. 

Wouldn't be too surprising.  Disgusting, but not surprising.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Dude just put up 26/10 on 64% FG% and 50% 3pt%...

and we gonna trade him.

Mighty fine brain trust we have down there. 

If we end up moving Collins for some spare parts, I'm going to check out.  I won't sit here and watch this team dance on a treadmill while we just give away talent at every opportunity.  We have to build on this thing...

• Like 3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Wretch said:

If we end up moving Collins for some spare parts, I'm going to check out.  I won't sit here and watch this team dance on a treadmill while we just give away talent at every opportunity.  We have to build on this thing...

Theis and 2 first rounders and it will be sold as we got a pick in a strong draft and another pick in 2025.

You know.... stuff nonchampionship teams do. 

21 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Shame that we gave away Doncic to get him.

You still holding???

Get over it.  Trae will be better than Doncic. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Theis and 2 first rounders and it will be sold as we got a pick in a strong draft and another pick in 2025.

You know.... stuff nonchampionship teams do. 

You still holding???

Get over it.  Trae will be better than Doncic. 

Opinions vary.  Trae is too self oriented to know how to get his teammates involved.  He likes pounding the ball up and down and running out of clock too much.  How many teams built around a skinny 6'0" guard have won championships?

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Opinions vary.  Trae is too self oriented to know how to get his teammates involved.  He likes pounding the ball up and down and running out of clock too much.  How many teams built around a skinny 6'0" guard have won championships?

You know what... They said the same thing about Jordan and Kobe.   Called Kobe Showboat. 

Watchman, sometimes, you got to be the first to do a thing. 

Sorta like GS was the first to win with a 3 pt shooting PG who didn't always run the offense.   Stop looking for comparables to Trae because there are very few players in history who can do what Trae does.   Yes, you have to outfit him with the right players.   Sorta like GS had to find the right nitch to put around Steph. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

OR

If Trae truly wanted out (he doesn't), Minny would be the one team that would actually make the most sense considering no one up there can run the PnR which is making their Gobert trade useless.  No chance in hell Ressler trades Trae Young though... and no chance in hell Trae would want to leave the organization that has invested heavily in him and allowed him to do w/e he wants.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Watchman said:

You basically described the other guy here, ya know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You know what... They said the same thing about Jordan and Kobe.   Called Kobe Showboat. 

Watchman, sometimes, you got to be the first to do a thing. 

Sorta like GS was the first to win with a 3 pt shooting PG who didn't always run the offense.   Stop looking for comparables to Trae because there are very few players in history who can do what Trae does.   Yes, you have to outfit him with the right players.   Sorta like GS had to find the right nitch to put around Steph. 

How long will it take us to find just the right special players though?  Who do you think they are?  How will we acquire them?