Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

Just now, Spud2nique said:

If we get a package of Crowder/CamJohn and either Monte Morris or Torrey Craig I pull it!

Neither Crowder (he'll get hurt as soon as he returns, mark my words) or CamJohn are gonna play this year and Crowder is demanding a high-dollar deal.  That's a terrible return.

Good on paper though so I'll give you that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Neither Crowder (he'll get hurt as soon as he returns, mark my words) or CamJohn are gonna play this year and Crowder is demanding a high-dollar deal.  That's a terrible return.

Good on paper though so I'll give you that.

Cam Johnson is out for the year? Ahhh man… I don’t know though I still associate Crowder with straight up flat out winning. Put his personality with Trae and DM, we may never lose again. 

I really like CamJohn though, didn’t know he was out indefinitely..

Malik Beasley would be awesome too. Imagine if we bolstered our bench with a Malik Beasley and Monte Morris with Crowder. 

If Crowder comes back and get hurt… he’s not who I thought he was as a person or player. If he comes back and leads whatever team he’s on to the conference finals or beyond, he’s the one I thought.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Cam Johnson is out for the year? Ahhh man… I don’t know though I still associate Crowder with straight up flat out winning. Put his personality with Trae and DM, we may never lose again. 

I really like CamJohn though, didn’t know he was out indefinitely..

Malik Beasley would be awesome too. Imagine if we bolstered our bench with a Malik Beasley and Monte Morris with Crowder. 

If Crowder comes back and get hurt… he’s not who I thought he was as a person or player. If he comes back and leads whatever team he’s on to the conference finals or beyond, he’s the one I thought.

Crowder got benched in Phx for Cam Johnson.
Johnson is out from meniscus surgery (said at least 2 months) and I don't think he is available for trade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It's more about age and the long layoff.  That never bodes well for older players.  I don't buy the notion that he's staying in game shape all these months.  How?  Working out with stiffs at the Y?  Them ligaments ain't gonna respond well to going 45 mph one week then going 100 mph the next. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The only think notable in that Shams video....HAWKS AREN'T LOOKING TO SALARY DUMP COLLINS!

The only upgrade for John is Pascal.

The Raptors are not trading him so it is a moot point. 

However, if they could make this happen, I'd be more than okay.  I think you need an extra pick or one of our young players thrown in to realistically make it work. Also, Toni would be in the Luxury tax unless he cut or traded someone else.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_12-27-2022_11-25-20AM.thumb.png.bc314f3f468fd2565aa49920f7e5aaeb.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

However, if they could make this happen, I'd be more than okay.  I think you need an extra pick or one of our young players thrown in to realistically make it work. Also, Toni would be in the Luxury tax unless he cut or traded someone else.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_12-27-2022_11-25-20AM.thumb.png.bc314f3f468fd2565aa49920f7e5aaeb.png

For Siakam I’d drive 🚘 JC to the airport myself (well, one of y’all would have to do it as I’m not in Atlanta but..).

-spudPop

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, marco102 said:

Here's my issue with a Siakam trade. He has 1 year left on his deal after this season. Same as Dejounte. Having 2 key FAs that can just walk if they choose plus that many unprotected picks tied to their trades with an owner unwilling to pay the tax makes this untenable for me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's my issue with a Siakam trade. He has 1 year left on his deal after this season. Same as Dejounte. Having 2 key FAs that can just walk if they choose plus that many unprotected picks tied to their trades with an owner unwilling to pay the tax makes this untenable for me.

Yeah, I get all that. I'm not for trading John.  Just saying if they were he's the only option and that's the best deal I can think of without including other core pieces. 

Most likely Toronto rejects that deal and Ressler says no to say money.

• Thanks 1

As long as teams are asking for assets to take on JC. There is zero chance he's moved anytime soon.

Rumors of moving Trae is as idiotic as ever and just pisses off the fanbase because even the Trae haters don't like the value these idiots are posting making all Hawks fans mad.

• Like 3