Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We as fans can say that. Telling billionaires to lose money is always a hard sell.

We literally took Trae over Luka based on projected income generated by both players. That's not conjecture it is literally why we did it.

SMH.  This ownership group is starting to be more like ASG with each passing day.  Very irritating as I was hopeful after the ECF my whole life of fandom might actually get rewarded with a front office dedicated to winning.  But nope, more money grubbing.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

JC whiffing that last rebound tonight did not help his case as a great rebounder.

7 rebounds in 21 minutes.  That's better than 11 in 40. But he'll get traded soon and then you can find someone else to complain about.  Trae had at least one similar dribble fumble to go with his other 4 turnovers.  There will be wailing when Trae demands a trade to Los Angeles so he can reside full time in his $20 million mansion.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

7 rebounds in 21 minutes.  That's better than 11 in 40. But he'll get traded soon and then you can find someone else to complain about.  Trae had at least one similar dribble fumble to go with his other 4 turnovers.  There will be wailing when Trae demands a trade to Los Angeles so he can reside full time in his $20 million mansion.

So who is doing the complaining?  Are you the pot or the kettle?

JC has not been good this year by objective measures or the eye test.

if he is traded I hope we get someone who can shoot which I believe fits our style of play better.  Would also be nice to get a few 1sts.

ultimately I agree with @Sothron that we need to package some guys (like JC, DJM, etc) for a superior player.  Not sure if this is possible but would be my goal.

if we can’t package for a superior player then we might as well save some money, get a shooter(s), get some picks, and then “find someone else to complain about”.

hey, maybe we can complain about Trae and how he had some turnovers, bought an expensive house, and supposedly wants to be traded?

8 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

So who is doing the complaining?

"JC. whiffing that last rebound tonight did not help his case as a great rebounder.". Seemed like a complaint to me.  Perhaps I was mistaken?

Edited by Watchman

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Watchman said:

"JC. whiffing that last rebound tonight did not help his case as a great rebounder.". Seemed like a complaint to me.  Perhaps I was mistaken?

I did say pot or kettle.  To be fair I feel that statement was more my opinion that him missing that rebound decreases my (and likely others) belief in him being a great rebounder.  Most of my complaining I feel has been about our ownership focusing on money rather than having the best team when making roster decisions.

39 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I did say pot or kettle.  To be fair I feel that statement was more my opinion that him missing that rebound decreases my (and likely others) belief in him being a great rebounder.  Most of my complaining I feel has been about our ownership focusing on money rather than having the best team when making roster decisions.

Sorry.  My frustration over the constant trade JC rumors.  I think he made a big mistake not having surgery on the finger, if it was a valid option.  I think he has no future with the Hawks, as he is treated as an outsider looking in, so it is in everyone's best interest to make a trade, I just hope it's not just going to be a salary dump.

I do not think we will ever win a championship with Trae as our centerpiece, as everything has to be tailored to fit his needs, and not the other way around.  I also think both he and Nate have no idea how to manage the end of close games.  We need a real offensive system, which as currently constructed  and coached is unlikely.

I admire and appreciate the quotes at the bottom of your posts.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Watchman said:

Sorry.  My frustration over the constant trade JC rumors.  I think he made a big mistake not having surgery on the finger, if it was a valid option.  I think he has no future with the Hawks, as he is treated as an outsider looking in, so it is in everyone's best interest to make a trade, I just hope it's not just going to be a salary dump.

I do not think we will ever win a championship with Trae as our centerpiece, as everything has to be tailored to fit his needs, and not the other way around.  I also think both he and Nate have no idea how to manage the end of close games.  We need a real offensive system, which as currently constructed  and coached is unlikely.

I admire and appreciate the quotes at the bottom of your posts.

This is well put and I agree with just about all of this.  My frustration about our team and the way we are run by ownership is also more than I realized after I started typing last night.  It is such a bummer to finally have hope (making ECF, and I really think we could have won the whole thing that year if Trae was not injured) and now be right back on the cheap owner treadmill with talent acquisition being secondary.

I share your concern that JC May go in a salary dump like Huerter.

I understand your concerns about Trae also but the ECF gives me hope Trae can be that guy.  I just want him to be less fussy and more well thought out (as I say to my kids) in his interactions with teammates, coaches, other players, and the referees.  His lack of maturity this year is disappointing.  Probably more so since I root for him and want to root for good humans (and to be fair I am not sure if he is a good person or not but his actions are not currently promising on that front).

Nate I agree with.  I don’t think he is the guy.  We need an offensive coach who is innovative and (much) better buy in on the defensive side (ie. Better effort) and Trae maturing will be a huge part in that.

I am also starting to really wonder if DJM is the right guy.  The defense is good but the offense is not what I hoped.   He (and the whole team) take way too many long 2s.  I know a lot is system but I also think it is comfort level for the players (especially DJM and Hunter).

Finally, thank you for the kind words.  I really appreciate the well thought out discussion and you sharing your thoughts.  That is what makes this place so great!

Sothron says that there are two Hawks being discussed.  He promised not to reveal the other player but Collins is the #1 player who may be moved.  He hasn't been a really great player for us recently.

Hawks may trade Collins and keep Nate.  They may keep Collins and let Nate go.  I've gotta believe one or the other will happen soon.  Who is the other Hawk?  Speculation brings up several Hawks.  Due to the shakeup in the front office we may see action soon.

🧑‍🔧Still building.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Oops.  You know i meant Bojan.  

Yes, I just hadn't seen that as a rumor.

Eta. Just to be extra clear, you mean Collins for the other Bogdanovic right?  Not the super tall guy that's friends with Tobias Harris? 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1