• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

• Moderators
18 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

There’s going to be very little that we can do to improve this team via trade when our superstar is playing like this -

This has to change for us to be successful.  Only good news is he is 55% on 2’s during that same window.  Has been significantly better on non-threes for his last 10 or so games but the 3’s have been awful.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

This has to change for us to be successful.  Only good news is he is 55% on 2’s during that same window.  Has been significantly better on non-threes for his last 10 or so games but the 3’s have been awful.

Agreed, Hollinger wrote a good article outlining our woes this morning.  Also, when do you sleep lol

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Agreed, Hollinger wrote a good article outlining our woes this morning.  Also, when do you sleep lol

Had to take the dog out and checked some Squawk while I did that.  Then back to sleep.  :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 12/8/2022 at 7:42 AM, NBASupes said:

I really love the idea of Murray/JC for KAT. None of these other trades move me. None of these guys are good fits. Kuz needs a lot of touches and we don't have that. Bogey plays terrible defense and that doesn't make us better and he gets a lot of touches With DET, he wouldn't get that in Atlanta.

He needs touches.

I like that trade for us long term, but Murray gone would be a big gap for our on-ball defense.  Griffin isn't ready to be starting SG, even though I think he cna get there.  We do have our pick this year, so figuring things out for half a season wouldn't be the end of the world.

I don't see MIN liking the JC/Gobert fit though...  they're going to have the same issues we have with JC/Capela.  Fun hypothetical though

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nothing new. Just repeating the same stuff from his previous article.

You think he’d put a little effort and spice to the BS deals you know, make them more detailed to allow some of his bs to stick better. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You think he’d put a little effort and spice to the BS deals you know, make them more detailed to allow some of his bs to stick better. 

Why?  Folks still pay for the same ol, lame ol non-rumors all year til something real happens.

• Haha 3

I don’t want anything from the Pacers and I certainly don’t want JC teaming up with Haliburton in the East and coming back to haunt us.

Pacers an option for John Collins?

i_3a_ad_c9_john-collins.png?w=190

Another team to keep an eye on as a Collins destination is Indiana. Sources said the Pacers have told inquiring teams they’re searching for a power forward to join their rebuild that features a blooming backcourt of Tyrese Haliburton and Bennedict Mathurin. Indiana has also suggested to opposing front offices that the Pacers are open to contract extension conversations with Turner.

• Thanks 1

These trade rumors are about as entertaining as what’s happening on the floor lol.  

I’m not opposed to Crowder at all.  Positional versatility across 3 and 4, streaky 3 point shooting, 30 year old vet intangibles, and some horribly needed goonage.  His on ball defense makes DJ look pedestrian.

• Haha 1

Trade fire!  Not just Collins, lots of trade smoke coming out of the NBA right now.  There will be a fire, sooner or later.  Too much smoke for it not to happen.

Will the Hawks be involved?  Hard to say.  But wisps of smoke keep swirling around.

I want Mark Williams from the Hornet's G League team.  Everyone knows this by now (Here on the Squawk) but I can't even get any smoke about this.  Drat!

That contract that Collins has already signed means that he will be costly to obtain.  Payroll for each team must stay kinda close, you know.  No one can have him for a cheap player.

Some of our newer players are now elgible to be swapped.  Wonder if there is any market for them?  We know that all the NBA GM's talk all the time.  Waiting for that first spark and then, the trades are on!  

:smug:

• Premium Member

It pretty clear to me what is happening now. John’s agent is desperately trying to get him in a better situation. All this passive aggressiveness is imitating from there.  Look, I like John and his game and don’t necessarily blame him for trying to get a larger role, but it is now becoming a distraction we aren’t able to overcome. His team is feeding inside info to the media to see if there are any takers out there. I wouldn’t be shocked if someone linked to John put that info out there about Nate and Trae. Not John himself but someone in his camp. Time for me to envision a team without John if this keeps up. If it is not true, his camp needs to shoot this stuff down immediately. 

• Like 2