• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If they make a trade to rebuild, I am out of here. I can't with the stupid shit

Remember when I said Travis was going to be "old and gray" trying to find the right pieces to fit with his 6'0 star pg? What a tool....He's made so many bad decisions man.. I dont know where to start..  I swear I could put a better squad around Trae than this dude....

This man had 3 1st rdrs in 2018. Best prospect in Years falls into his lap and he passed..

Drafted Spellman with one of the picks (for God knows why) and traded the other(Huerter) a few years later for bread crumbs(No way he shoulda let Ressler talk him into that)

2 top 10 pick in 2019(one is already off the team)

top 6 pick in 2020

Does Cam, Hunter, or OO, look like they'll ever be Stars in the NBA?  I think more Hawks fans would answer No to that question than Yes..

No 2nd rd gems to speak of in his entire tenure...........

Extended JC early to that albatross of a contract when he couldve waited

Repeated the same mistake with Dre..

Then he Gave up a ton more draft capital for a SG that cant shoot, (who wants 35 mill a year btw). He better pray DJM works out, or that might be his ass...

This season is do or die for Travis(or at least it should be) imo.....

AJ looks like his best find.. And Im sure LF helped him with that.. smh

Edited by terrell

33 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

LOL...

You are consistently THE MOST negative poster on a Hawks fan board.  While some of what you claim has merit, it's generally easier to just ignore 90% of what you say because it's all negative.  

Only because I'll actually say what alot of fans think. And I praise the players when they play well....Ive never been a big fan of Schlenk like alot of yall..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Despite some unrealized potential from some of his picks, this team went to the ECF due to his decision making. 

Further than this franchise has ever been, so let's at least acknowledge some of the good he has done.

I agree about waiting to extend Collins and hunter though. 

Nate is the biggest issue imo. Schlenk's hand was forced to resign him after that run. Had we got an offensive coach, maybe huerter would've reached his potential here.

I don't think it's fair to label schlenk a horrible GM

CC trade was his best move as Hawks GM...CC is one of the biggest, if not the biggest reason we went to ECF. I always give him credit for that move.. But hes had alot of headscratchers...... Just my opinion.. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, terrell said:

I'll actually say what alot of fans think

Lost me on that one...

Is there some reason I shouldn't be saying what I really think here? Suddenly feeling a little naive and vulnerable.

That said, this board has had its Walters and Hotlantas through the years...  tenor.gif?itemid=10732604 . It's all good. Some of the biggest critics of personalities and attitudes seem to imagine that those plentiful criticisms have no impact on how they themselves are perceived. And that's fine, too, assuming self-awareness isn't a high priority.

😉

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Lost me on that one...

Is there some reason I shouldn't be saying what I really think here? Suddenly feeling a little naive and vulnerable.

That said, this board has had its Walters and Hotlantas through the years...  tenor.gif?itemid=10732604 . It's all good. Some of the biggest critics of personalities and attitudes seem to imagine that those plentiful criticisms have no impact on how they themselves are perceived. And that's fine, too, assuming self-awareness isn't a high priority.

😉

I Wasnt talking about fans on this board.. My bad.. Shouldve made that clear..

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

LOL...

You are consistently THE MOST negative poster on a Hawks fan board.  While some of what you claim has merit, it's generally easier to just ignore 90% of what you say because it's all negative.  

Have to sprinkle in a little positivity here and there so as not to reveal true intent. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Despite some unrealized potential from some of his picks, this team went to the ECF due to his decision making. 

Further than this franchise has ever been, so let's at least acknowledge some of the good he has done.

I agree about waiting to extend Collins and hunter though. 

Nate is the biggest issue imo. Schlenk's hand was forced to resign him after that run. Had we got an offensive coach, maybe huerter would've reached his potential here.

I don't think it's fair to label schlenk a horrible GM

We all want the best version of our Hawks, collectively. We just have a variety of ways of expressing our hopes and disappointments.  lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ive been a Hawks fan before some of ya'll were born.. Stop it.. I still have shoes Wes Matthews(the old one) gave me( I also have a pair of cleats from Jerry Royster former Brave).. John Drew was my favorite Hawk at one time... lol....My uncle took me to the lockerroom to meet him back in the day(He had some clout)..I'll always root for the home team.... No matter what.. I'm just not a fan of the most of the moves the GM has made.. Call it what you want..

FWIW I don't think you are a troll. I think you are little negative at times but there's a valid argument (or take if you want to put in hot stove talk) for your criticisms of the team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I understand the hesitation for Lauri.  I'm not saying they should do that trade for him.  Just that IF they like him and think it's a fair trade, I'd rather them do it now than wait til later in the season.  I'm speaking more to timing than the merit of the trade.

As for JC, I like him as a player, but I'm at the point where I've seen the diminishing numbers for 3 full seasons plus the start of this one.  Putting him next to Clint just doesn't seem to be maximizing his production on the court.  But they are paying him like his production is the same as it was 4 years ago.  I just think he or Clint are going to have to go at some point. And Clint is FAR more valuable defensively, imo.  

Collins is a 14/8 player on a good team at best.

His best production was on teams with few options and few expectations in terms of winning.

Not a slam on him... He just isn't a feature player on a team with ambitions.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, terrell said:

We turned this shit down? Dont make me dislike Schlenk even more than I already do.. smh

The thinking is solid. If that's the baseline trade offer maybe others will be willing to give us  more for Collins. It makes sense. You don't take the first offer on a house or buy a car without haggling a little. Now if Lauri keeps playing at an All Star level then the longer we wait I do think Utah would pull the offer.

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The thinking is solid. If that's the baseline trade offer maybe others will be willing to give us  more for Collins. It makes sense. You don't take the first offer on a house or buy a car without haggling a little. Now if Lauri keeps playing at an All Star level then the longer we wait I do think Utah would pull the offer.

It's all a risk, right? You take the first deal you risk missing out on a better offer. You wait you risk the deal being pulled or not getting a better offer. 

Risk either way. I don't see it as a right or wrong thing at this point. Although I'd certainly take the bird in the hand approach. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

FWIW, I have only been a fan for a measly 34 years. 

Right there with you.  I’m at 35 years.  We used to have younger fans around here, but I think they end up at Reddit or Twitter.  
I find @terrell to be misunderstood.  Some people give reactional takes in the moment, and I see him giving positive takes when things go well.  But another sign of maturity is ignoring negativity and that’s what I can control.

We’re doing OK for the moment, but not really at undefeated January or ECF playoff run good times.  It will be interesting to see if we have a bend but not break winning formula.  Is this a 48-52 wins type of team that has success off better defense, low turnovers, high FT%, and more transition buckets?  We hope we just start shooting better, but could sustain from some things we do well right now.

• Like 3

There's only a handful of franchises that have ever even won a title.  And only one team wins it every year.

What does that mean?

That means there's a lot of inherent "failure" out there.

But what does that mean?

That means folks that are ultra-negative aren't actually offering much insight.  It's akin to looking at a clock, predicting the seconds are gonna tick off, then turning to the crowd and bragging about 'tellin it like it is'.  Maybe not 'troll', but definitely droll. 

• Thanks 4

How would you react to a Collins for AD swap? We would have to add more for salaries to match, either JC +

Hunter

or

Bogi

or

JHol + JJ 

These would lower Lakers tax burden, and for us AD’s contract is a year shorter than JC. 

AD (when healthy) does the things we want JC to do but much better. Play him at the 4 with CC at 5. Three man big rotation with OO.

There will always be the health risk, but over the past 3 seasons, JC has averaged fewer than 7 more games played per season than AD. Would JC’s impact in those 7 games outweigh the gains we’d get from AD’s play?

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

You of all people should be the most optimistic about this team. Lol. You have been through the most horrors. It should be obvious to all of us here that this is the best era of Hawks basketball. With the negative outlook, you may miss out on the best parts. FWIW, I have only been a fan for a measly 34 years. 

Marylandhawk, you adopted negativity...  Terrell was born in it... Molded by it... He did not think positively about the Hawks until he was a grown man and then it seemed like rubbish to him.

• Haha 3