• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

It pretty clear to me what is happening now. John’s agent is desperately trying to get him in a better situation. All this passive aggressiveness is imitating from there.  Look, I like John and his game and don’t necessarily blame him for trying to get a larger role, but it is now becoming a distraction we aren’t able to overcome. His team is feeding inside info to the media to see if there are any takers out there. I wouldn’t be shocked if someone linked to John put that info out there about Nate and Trae. Not John himself but someone in his camp. Time for me to envision a team without John if this keeps up. If it is not true, his camp needs to shoot this stuff down immediately. 

JC for Myles Turner straight up works on trade machine... Hawks get off JC contract. Turner on a 1yr deal might just save the season. Turner opens up the floor for Trae and DJM unlike Capela.. Then we could trade CC and pay Turner if he works out in the offseason... Just a thought.. lol

Trae/Murray/Dre/OO/Turner

Murray/Bogi/AJ/JJ/CC

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, terrell said:

JC for Myles Turner straight up works on trade machine... Hawks get off JC contract. Turner on a 1yr deal might just save the season. Turner opens up the floor for Trae and DJM unlike Capela.. Then we could trade CC and pay Turner if he works out in the offseason... Just a thought.. lol

Trae/Murray/Dre/OO/Turner

Murray/Bogi/AJ/JJ/CC

Hmmm?  Biggest issue is that if Turner doesn’t work out and walks, you lose John for nothing. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Hmmm?  Biggest issue is that if Turner doesn’t work out and walks, you lose John for nothing. 

To me the biggest issue is Indy has been trying to dump Turner for years and can't do it.   That's a red flag for me. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

To me the biggest issue is Indy has been trying to dump Turner for years and can't do it.   That's a red flag for me. 

No Turner for us. That dude ain’t the one.

It would have to be a 3 way or 4 way trade to get us somebody else.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have said it before and I will say it again: only trade JC if you are bringing in a legit star back. And we know that's not going to happen. If they do trade him it will be to give them more room under the LT.

That Lauri plus two picks for JC trade is one I fear the Hawks would do when JC is healthy again. Only question is with how Lauri is playing now would the Jazz want to do it.

100% they would not, honestly we would be the ones giving up the picks the way JC is playing. Also Lauri is on an amazing contract compared to Collins. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

I think what has happened is that people have heard the rumor about trading JC and have devalued him because we're not taking toilet water for him. 

Other teams like what they see in a player who has improved something every year.  However, they won't give up what we want for JC. 

So we're left with a fanbase who says.. we can't move him, he must not be valuable.. and that's all we get for a 24 yr old athletic Big who is very versatile.   The League likes him... but still wants a deal for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did JC break his ankle or what?

I thought he just had an ankle sprain.

Must've been a really bad one...

Or are they holding him out for a trade?

If Murray comes back before Collins, it might just be the latter.......

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Did JC break his ankle or what?

I thought he just had an ankle sprain.

Must've been a really bad one...

Or are they holding him out for a trade?

If Murray comes back before Collins, it might just be the latter.......

Uhm... You never played?  Never had a high ankle sprain?  Ok.   This is why I'm mad we didn't tune up Banchero the other night.   JC is fortunate.  Basketball players plant their feet a lot.. especially to make cuts and quick moves.   You should cringe everytime you see a player roll-over his ankle.    How long did Lebron's High Ankle sprain keep him out a few years ago?  Like I said, JC was fortunate. 

Still, I would send out a crew to tune up Banchero because he did that on purpose. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Uhm... You never played?  Never had a high ankle sprain?  Ok.   This is why I'm mad we didn't tune up Banchero the other night.   JC is fortunate.  Basketball players plant their feet a lot.. especially to make cuts and quick moves.   You should cringe everytime you see a player roll-over his ankle.    How long did Lebron's High Ankle sprain keep him out a few years ago?  Like I said, JC was fortunate. 

Still, I would send out a crew to tune up Banchero because he did that on purpose. 

I Didnt see high ankle sprain. Just ankle sprain..

John Collins (left ankle sprain): Out

But Yeah high ankle sprain is worse

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So does DJM have a high ankle sprain also?

Clint Capela (right calf strain): Out

John Collins (left ankle sprain): Out

Dejounte Murray (left ankle sprain): Out

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Where did you see he had a High ankle sprain?

Or did you just make it up?

A lateral sprain isnt a high ankle sprain.

Everything Ive seen just said left ankle sprain or lateral ankle sprain...

They're always specific when it's a high ankle sprain...

Lebron injury included..

https://www.nba.com/news/lebron-james-leaves-lakers-game-with-right-ankle-injury-will-not-return

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/mar/21/lebron-james-injury-prognosis-lakers-nba-playoffs-basketball

Try again....

Edited by terrell

16 hours ago, Sothron said:

I have said it before and I will say it again: only trade JC if you are bringing in a legit star back. And we know that's not going to happen. If they do trade him it will be to give them more room under the LT.

That Lauri plus two picks for JC trade is one I fear the Hawks would do when JC is healthy again. Only question is with how Lauri is playing now would the Jazz want to do it.

So this is still on the table?

i would do the deal if so.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, terrell said:

Where did you see he had a High ankle sprain?

Or did you just make it up?

A lateral sprain isnt a high ankle sprain.

Everything Ive seen just said left ankle sprain or lateral ankle sprain...

They're always specific when it's a high ankle sprain...

Lebron injury included..

https://www.nba.com/news/lebron-james-leaves-lakers-game-with-right-ankle-injury-will-not-return

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/mar/21/lebron-james-injury-prognosis-lakers-nba-playoffs-basketball

Try again....

So is this what you're talking about??

Bitching GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1