• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If they make a trade to rebuild, I am out of here. I can't with the stupid shit

Hawks were NBA national media's favorite play-thing this off-season, and John in particular.

Time has taught me to be slow to believe smoke is indicative of fire.

Sometimes, it's just fog.

And that the team has performed as well as it has w/o BogBog, and that we all said as did the front office that we knew there would be an adjustment period before we should expect to see Trae and Jounte meld.... feel pretty confident...

It's fog.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

What the F is going on and why are all of our players in trade rumors lol. Probably not the best look for a team that you're thinking is a contender. That luxury tax must have Ressler shook.

Ain’t got nothing to do with luxury. Burd knows…OO ready. :yes: @JayBirdHawk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It won’t be. He wouldn’t make the DM move if that was the case…Trae wouldn’t have it. Nah, OO is ready and in order for Nate to play OO more, Schlenk needs to deal him.

Or Collins. We need help in areas we are redundant. Some would argue we aren’t.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Out of curiosity where would you go?

Sac with Gramps and I and all the Huerter lovers. I like Huerter but my liking of Sac was when Spud was traded there and he and the rock 🪨 formed a fun backcourt. Plus, F the warriors.

You wouldn't go Minny wit Soth would you? 

The Colorado rockies (nuggs) wit Soth? 

:huh:

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I've been vocal about not having as much optimism on the long term success of this version of the Hawks, so I'm hopeful a deal can be done to shore up some of the weaknesses.  But I'm in total agreement here.  This is NOT a rebuild situation.  It's a balance the roster and add value to the roster situation. 

And enough with the everybody on the block to save money nonsense.  So sick of the media using the Hawks to generate clicks.  

34 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know Utah offered us Lauri and two firsts for JC. I don't know where Fischer is getting his intel. He's right that Lauri and JC have been discussed but it wasn't Utah that was unwilling to make the deal. Funny how when I break the report that the Jazz have talked to us about JC/Lauri you see other guys picking up on it.

So you are implying (or at least I'm picking up an implication) that it was the Hawks who balked at JC for Lauri trade?  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I was told by my source one serious trade offer for JC was the Jazz called and offered Lauri plus two Minnesota firsts to replace firsts we lost in the DJM trade. We turned it down but left the door open to explore it later. The team feels if Lauri and two firsts is a baseline JC trade offer what better offers could come in before the Feb trade deadline.

If Lauri keeps playing like this then IMO the deal will be taken off the table by Utah.

Yeah....I now remember you saying that earlier.  While I understand the Hawks perspective, I guess I'd value the time and continuity of having a new player earlier in the season over the perceived increased value at the trade deadline.  If I liked Lauri now and thought the deal was fair, I'd go ahead and do it.  But that's just me.   

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah....I now remember you saying that earlier.  While I understand the Hawks perspective, I guess I'd value the time and continuity of having a new player earlier in the season over the perceived increased value at the trade deadline.  If I liked Lauri now and thought the deal was fair, I'd go ahead and do it.  But that's just me.   

I'd stick with John. He's been a better player than Markkanen throughout their time in the NBA. 

Lauri could have made a leap, but I'll need more than 20 or so games to think that.

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd stick with John. He's been a better player than Markkanen throughout their time in the NBA. 

Lauri could have made a leap, but I'll need more than 20 or so games to think that.

I understand the hesitation for Lauri.  I'm not saying they should do that trade for him.  Just that IF they like him and think it's a fair trade, I'd rather them do it now than wait til later in the season.  I'm speaking more to timing than the merit of the trade.

As for JC, I like him as a player, but I'm at the point where I've seen the diminishing numbers for 3 full seasons plus the start of this one.  Putting him next to Clint just doesn't seem to be maximizing his production on the court.  But they are paying him like his production is the same as it was 4 years ago.  I just think he or Clint are going to have to go at some point. And Clint is FAR more valuable defensively, imo.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I guess I just want to see what we look like with a healthy Bogi.

He pretty much jumpstarted our playoff push in 2021. 

His game is what we are missing. And it’s already on the roster.

Trae and Murray have not yet hit their stride either. We all know they are Batman and Robin, so no point in moving mountains until we see them figure gel together.

Coach has to find out how to get more quality shots out of this group. We are regressing to the style of play that Miami was able to easily shut down.

More and more Trae, less ball movement. More tough shots in the lane. Too much 1 on 1 play.

Doesn’t matter who we swap out and add to this group if all they are going to do is stand around and watch Trae and Murray try to break down the defense by themselves.

Oprah Shrug GIF - Oprah Shrug Well - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
On 11/18/2022 at 11:13 AM, Final_quest said:

The way they are wording it, it seems like this would be a Crowder for Collins swap.  That sounds like the desire is to get out of Collins contract.  

It always cracks me up when I read about teams trying to get out of contracts... I'm like y'all the ones that offered these contracts and signed these players to theses deals... do you know what you are doing?

And it's not like the return from a JC trade is going to put us over the top.  Next, they'll be looking to trade DeJounte because his value is high!

We are forever on the treadmill guys and gals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I know Utah offered us Lauri and two firsts for JC. I don't know where Fischer is getting his intel. He's right that Lauri and JC have been discussed but it wasn't Utah that was unwilling to make the deal. Funny how when I break the report that the Jazz have talked to us about JC/Lauri you see other guys picking up on it.

We turned this shit down? Dont make me dislike Schlenk even more than I already do.. smh

Edited by terrell