• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Do I think the Hawks have had 'conversations" that included Collins?  Yeah, probably.

Do I think this is true for literally every player?  Yeah, probably.

Is this new news?  Yeah, probably not. 

Are you mad 😡… ya probably :er: :laugh1:

Do you wanna kick 🦵 Shams in the marbles.. Yeah, Probably.. :laugh: 

This is fun, you do one! 🤣 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Do I think the Hawks have had 'conversations" that included Collins?  Yeah, probably.

Do I think this is true for literally every player?  Yeah, probably.

Is this new news?  Yeah, probably not. 

You’re like me bro.

Do I ask myself questions daily and have convos aloud and answer them myself, sometimes, do I think Shams likes to recycle ♻️ possibly, does Shams wash 🧼 his face with soap before he goes to bed to get the makeup 💄 (tv makeup) off so he can have a nice glow but not as nice as a Kendall Gill or Jamal Crawford? Most certainly.

10AA0D7F-7616-43FC-9857-F81058F264F1.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Give me Kessler and a FRP for J.C. If his contract were friendlier i'd ask for more.

He’s a good prospect but that’s us getting younger. He’s gonna be good but if we are dealing with then it’s gotta be somebody that’s in their prime imo and Markk fits that as well as Clarkson. Plus I think Utah keeps him as their main piece of a rebuild. I don’t think Dan E’s dummy brains believes this ish is gonna continue cuz it’s not. 

SPUD:  It's fine if you talk to yourself.  Most of us do from time to time.

It's fine when you ask yourself a question, then answer your own question.

Warning:  When you say something to yourself, then turn around and say, "Huh?  What did you say?"  This will be when all the Squawk will begin to worry about you.

😉

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

John's defense is keeping him on the floor more.  His offense (outside of three point shooting) is good. All the folks pissing on John is pissing on him because he's not a bigger part of the offense.   Nate has to fix this.  We really have no plays designed for JC.  That would mean that it wouldn't matter who you had playing that position.   

Rewatched the game, 

Early 1st quarter: JC gets a post up on Derrick White (a guard), misses badly, not even close

Mid 3rd quarter: he gets another post up on Derrick White (again, a guard), turns it over

A few possessions later: he gets a post up on Grant Williams, calls for the ball, AJ Griffin looks him off and passes to OO instead, Collins looks visibly frustrated

He can't exploit mismatches at all..

If he can't post up A GUARD, how can the Hawks expect him to be useful against any switching defense?

• Premium Member

From my source from last week: only trade talk that they would confirm is Lauri plus two picks owed from Minnesota for JC. It would replace the firsts we lost in the DJM trade. Source said this deal would give us a straight up stretch four that shoots better than JC but admitted it would be a definite step down on defense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

From my source from last week: only trade talk that they would confirm is Lauri plus two picks owed from Minnesota for JC. It would replace the firsts we lost in the DJM trade. Source said this deal would give us a straight up stretch four that shoots better than JC but admitted it would be a definite step down on defense.

Did your source mention who initiated this trade discussion?  Was Travis honest with his assessment that we were not the team who started the trade talk?  And is this was the offer, why did we not accept this?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Did your source mention who initiated this trade discussion?  Was Travis honest with his assessment that we were not the team who started the trade talk?  And is this was the offer, why did we not accept this?

Utah called us. Teams are reaching out for JC as they do every season. They aren't dangling him for offers but they listen to offers for anyone not named Trae. That's just NBA front office 101 honestly.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Utah called us. Teams are reaching out for JC as they do every season. They aren't dangling him for offers but they listen to offers for anyone not named Trae. That's just NBA front office 101 honestly.

Good to hear he is still in demand.  Why do you think we didn’t accept two 1st and LM?  I could see this being a good trade for us possibly if we could also get Vanderbilt.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

Good to hear he is still in demand.  Why do you think we didn’t accept two 1st and LM?  I could see this being a good trade for us possibly if we could also get Vanderbilt.

If they are willing to offer us this now what would they be willing to offer before the deadline? What would other teams be willing to offer? if Lauri and two firsts is the first serious offer why not try to get more?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

This will be when all the Squawk will begin to worry about you.

Sometimes, Bud Abbott just made it too easy/obvious for Lou Costello, and he didn't bother saying aloud a punch line, because everyone in the audience had already said it to themselves.

🙂

Yeah. It's like that.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Love how for years many of us defended JC because of his offensive impact and were told that offensive PF’s are useless and we needed a defensive upgrade at the position.

Now JC is having his best defensive impact season and we are saying he is trash because his scoring is off.

We want to replace JC with either:

Jae Crowder, a lesser scorer, worse career shooter, and good defender but 3 inches shorter at 6-6

or 

Lauri Markkanen, balling out this season, cant lie. But, for his career, equal shooting splits, worse rebounder and worse defender. 

There is no rush to move JC. We have time to see if his shooting comes back around. I an intrigued by the draft picks associated with Lauri, but I am not in love with the defensive downgrade when we finally have some semblance of an identity on that end of the floor finally.

To me, a lot rides on Bogi. I’m sure Travis did not expect him to be out this long when rounding out the roster.  We have to see what we look like with him in the lineup before moving a core player to solve an issue that Bogi should help with.

I haven't seen anyone advocate for Crowder on here in regards to JC. 

We don't have the same starting lineup anymore. Our shooting has decreased due to Murray lack of range

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

The way that it would have to be is LM, Gay, and  first for JC. 

Rudy is still capable and it saves us money but maybe we don't want to disturb our defense??

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Love how for years many of us defended JC because of his offensive impact and were told that offensive PF’s are useless and we needed a defensive upgrade at the position.

Now JC is having his best defensive impact season and we are saying he is trash because his scoring is off.

Jae Crowder, a lesser scorer, worse career shooter, and good defender but 3 inches shorter at 6-6

or 

Lauri Markkanen, balling out this season, cant lie. But, for his career, equal shooting splits, worse rebounder and worse defender. 

There is no rush to move JC. We have time to see if his shooting comes back around. I an intrigued by the draft picks associated with Lauri, but I am not in love with the defensive downgrade when we finally have some semblance of an identity on that end of the floor finally.

To me, a lot rides on Bogi. I’m sure Travis did not expect him to be out this long when rounding out the roster.  We have to see what we look like with him in the lineup before moving a core player to solve an issue that Bogi should help with.

Unless he is chronically injured, JC's shot will come back.  Let's not forget, he missed a lot of basketball at the end of last season.  With improved defense, when his shot does come back, he will be a gem.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

or 

Well said. This is why I say - if you aren't hitting your shots, find other ways to impact the game - and he's doing that. 11 rebounds, 4-5 freethrows, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 charge taken (yes I'm giving him, he was robbed 🤣)

As @TheNorthCydeRises pointed out, with his limited touches to score, he needs to limit his TOs. 

• Like 1