• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

Both of these lineups FIT extremely well….

Trae, Murray, Hunter, Cam Johnson, Capela 

OR

Trae, Murray, Hunter, Collins, Ayton

I think both are realistic trades that could made in January. The Cam Johnson lineup will keep us balanced offensively and defensively but we will lose some impact rebounding for sure while gaining a sharp shooter like Cam.

Adding Ayton would push our defense that has a lot of potential to finish top 10 this season to middle of the pack at best but offensively EVEN with Nate’s offense the talent fits so well we’d be a force offensively and tough as hell! The space would be there and good enough to be dangerous.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

Both of these lineups FIT extremely well….

Trae, Murray, Hunter, Cam Johnson, Capela 

OR

Trae, Murray, Hunter, Collins, Ayton

I think both are realistic trades that could made in January. The Cam Johnson lineup will keep us balanced offensively and defensively but we will lose some impact rebounding for sure while gaining a sharp shooter like Cam.

Adding Ayton would push our defense that has a lot of potential to finish top 10 this season to middle of the pack at best but offensively EVEN with Nate’s offense the talent fits so well we’d be a force offensively and tough as hell! The space would be there and good enough to be dangerous.

Yup agreed. We are all just trying to find a way for our Hawks to maximize what we have going on. I think SOME (not naming names) are getting butt hurt over this. They need to think with their brains 🧠 and not their heart 💜‘s.

You know who you are, if the players know it’s a business the you should as a fan. 

Stop being that JC fanboy and start wanting us to be the best we can be.

Agenda driven b!tches. :saythat:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is by far the best start of the season in the Trae Young era.

Yet, people are talking about us like we're a below .500 team.

Mutually exclusive. Not saying JC isn’t one of the reasons why, but how do we know that he’s the reason, and if we know that he’s a big part of our 6 losses and we should really be 12-3 and half the losses are on him, should we ignore it and keep moving forward knowing we COULD be a top 5 team but are content being a top 10 or 12 team.

just sayin…

Again, I’m just here to play devil’s advocate, even though some of you are thinkin, ya more like the Devil’s d!ck! 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, that's literally what we saw on the court lol... do you not remember Trae's pouting and standing around?  Go back and watch the few games before LP was fired and the games after.  The energy of the team is night and day different.  We went from looking like we were actively tanking to game 7 playoff intensity overnight.  If you think that's because Nate told them to play harder and you want to attribute our success to him, that's fine, but that's just not really how I see it.

And it makes perfect sense too.  LP lost the locker room, guys didn't want to play for him, and he was unusually combative towards Trae even outside of Hawks stuff (recommending Trae not be on team USA or an all-star, etc.).  I see it as getting rid of LP was the shift we needed, but our success didn't have much to do with who we had in there as an interim.

The Hawks had it in them the whole time...

The Last Dragon GIFs | Tenor

Ok...

Look, there's several coaches who take over for several teams every year.. how many of them find themselves in the conference finals after having been one of the worst teams in the league... and it's not due to the coach.. but due to the players just deciding that they will finally play?

Discredit Nate.  Discredit Nate... that's what this has become...  So in your world, Nate did nothing.  We could have literally put Marlon Garnett in as coach and we would have ended up in the Conference finals...

Yeah.. Like I said before... GTFOH.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

At this point, I think Shams is full of it and just reaching for clicks.   Did he really say Utah is interested?   Remember the Utah interest before... mainly because John is from Utah.   Look at Utah now.  Do they need any help at PF?

They have a 25 year old guy who is becoming a star putting up 21.3 ppg.  They have Vanderbilt, Olynk, and Gay who can play behind him.  They have used Walker Kessler superbly at C.

It's poor reporting. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

At this point, I think Shams is full of it and just reaching for clicks.   Did he really say Utah is interested?   Remember the Utah interest before... mainly because John is from Utah.   Look at Utah now.  Do they need any help at PF?

They have a 25 year old guy who is becoming a star putting up 21.3 ppg.  They have Vanderbilt, Olynk, and Gay who can play behind him.  They have used Walker Kessler superbly at C.

It's poor reporting. 

It's not "reporting" at all.  It's more like saying what teams want me to say so I can keep access.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

It's not "reporting" at all.  It's more like saying what teams want me to say so I can keep access.

It felt like he dusted off a vlog from earlier this summer and put it back in rotation.

Next it will be...

Hawks making strong inquiries about Ayton...

"The Hawks will pursue Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton . Sources tell The Athletic that the Hawks’ interest in the 23-year-old increaded when he signed for less than a max contract."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

The problem is that they don't want to be wrong.   And they were dead wrong this summer... so now they want to be vindicated.  Remember what they said and most agreed...

Atlanta has been actively looking for a new home for Collins, and while the market has not been what the Hawks hoped, a deal is still highly likely this summer, Kirschner reports.

Before the draft started, I reached out to someone close to Collins who said they felt 50-50 on the power forward remaining with the Hawks past Thursday night but that “he won’t be a Hawk past this summer.” The truth is no one across the league who I’ve spoken with believes Collins will be on the Hawks’ opening night roster…

“He’s done in Atlanta,” a source close to Collins said.

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So right now, it seems that the barometer for the Hawks winning or losing a game, is giving up 120 points.

We're 1 - 6 when we give up 120 points or more, with the lone win coming against New Orleans in OT.  We're 8 - 0 when we hold the opponent under 120 ( actually 113 points ).

In the 6 games they lost they avg 110 points. Why is 120 the number? Not following. 

Could hold teams to 110 and still lost 4 of the 6. 

51 minutes ago, Diesel said:

John is from Utah. 

Yea? And? Isn’t this a good reason to make a trade with someone who’s from that area? How do you know what JC is thinking? Maybe he likes Utah… personally I wouldn’t understand that.. I mean, personally I’d never even visit Utah but that’s just me. I digress..

Just saying it could be legit.

Utah gets: JC/AHol

Hawks get: Lauri/Clarkson

No picks exchanged!!! Take it or leave it Ainge.

I was impressed with Markk when they played us. Dude can shoot like a small forward and takes I hard to the rim.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2n5djwvb

+8 wins according to B(ull$hit)SPN trade machine.

Lauri, Crowder, Cam Johnson… let’s talk.

But,

It’s gotta make sense. No flipping for picks.

@Diesel If Shams said we are talking to the Rockets, Magic, or even OKC it would seem like a lie. But Lauri, he works with us, almost like a glove 🧤.

Faster catch and shoot PF’s fits our system better. :facts3:

D9260D22-A369-477D-B569-60E647F263AA.jpeg

• Like 3

Lotta y’all mad but I’m not sure if it’s at the reporting or what. That’s not really the focus, could be Shams, could be Woj or Isola or Huck Finn.

This is more about finding the best fit for us. If there is a deal to be made, we have to listen to it. We aren’t champions. Our 3rd-6th best player getting traded should not really offend YOU PEOPLE.

image.gif.3bbd455ab26137f6c157ffaa5932a0e4.gif

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Mutually exclusive. Not saying JC isn’t one of the reasons why, but how do we know that he’s the reason, and if we know that he’s a big part of our 6 losses and we should really be 12-3 and half the losses are on him, should we ignore it and keep moving forward knowing we COULD be a top 5 team but are content being a top 10 or 12 team.

just sayin…

Again, I’m just here to play devil’s advocate, even though some of you are thinkin, ya more like the Devil’s d!ck! 

There's a flip side to that.  How many games was Collins a big part of the 9 wins we have?  We know that he was a huge part in those first 3 wins.

• Thanks 1