• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lotta y’all mad but I’m not sure if it’s at the reporting or what. That’s not really the focus, could be Shams, could be Woj or Isola or Huck Finn.

This is more about finding the best fit for us. If there is a deal to be made, we have to listen to it. We aren’t champions. Our 3rd-6th best player getting traded should not really offend YOU PEOPLE.

image.gif.3bbd455ab26137f6c157ffaa5932a0e4.gif

We've lost to better teams because of bad shooting.   That's all. 

We fix the shooting, everything changes and this talk of best fit for us because moot. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We've lost to better teams because of bad shooting.   That's all. 

We fix the shooting, everything changes and this talk of best fit for us because moot. 

Fair enough but I still think we should be open to listening to trades, we haven’t won squat.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Fair enough but I still think we should be open to listening to trades, we haven’t won squat.

I think we should be open to listening.. and don't get me wrong, if Utah offer Markkanen, I'm really listening.   However, I really doubt that.  That would be worst than us trading Nique during our best year at the time.   The only way that they could explain it is Wembanyama.

Otherwise, it's hard to see somebody being a better fit than JC... especially with his new Defensive effort.   Once JC gets his shooting back in order, it will be really difficult to seeing a better fit anywhere in the league.    I just wish that Nate would draw up some plays for JC. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

That would be worst than us trading Nique during our best year at the time. 

:er: No, it wouldn’t. Utah’s current team and Markk can’t be compared to the Hawks 93-94 team pre Nique trade in no way shape or form. We were a dominant team in the East that was a mainstay. Utah is a flash in the pan type team. It ain’t lasting. They just came out of the gates early.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup agreed. We are all just trying to find a way for our Hawks to maximize what we have going on. I think SOME (not naming names) are getting butt hurt over this. They need to think with their brains 🧠 and not their heart 💜‘s.

You know who you are, if the players know it’s a business the you should as a fan. 

Stop being that JC fanboy and start wanting us to be the best we can be.

Agenda driven b!tches. :saythat:

Matt Ryan equivalent is on this team. Its not about being a JC fanboy...

Its about being another player fanboy 

iUFxu44.png

John is playing more and producing less. Unless, he seriously picks it up it he will trend down in numbers fast.

He isn't a fit with DJM and Trae. We could see that in summer runs except for some flashy plays. Lauri would be a huge fit lol but I doubt they trade right now but we've seen unlikely things happen like DJM becoming available.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

:er: No, it wouldn’t. Utah’s current team and Markk can’t be compared to the Hawks 93-94 team pre Nique trade in no way shape or form. We were a dominant team in the East that was a mainstay. Utah is a flash in the pan type team. It ain’t lasting. They just came out of the gates early.

I wanna go with you on Utah being a flash in the pan... but... they are well coached and every player knows their role.    They are a very hard out. 

Yeah, the 93-94 Hawks could have won the Chip.. so you have a point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

John is playing more and producing less. Unless, he seriously picks it up it he will trend down in numbers fast.

He isn't a fit with DJM and Trae. We could see that in summer runs except for some flashy plays.

John's defense is keeping him on the floor more.  His offense (outside of three point shooting) is good. All the folks pissing on John is pissing on him because he's not a bigger part of the offense.   Nate has to fix this.  We really have no plays designed for JC.  That would mean that it wouldn't matter who you had playing that position.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

It felt like he dusted off a vlog from earlier this summer and put it back in rotation.

Next it will be...

Hawks making strong inquiries about Ayton...

"The Hawks will pursue Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton . Sources tell The Athletic that the Hawks’ interest in the 23-year-old increaded when he signed for less than a max contract."

Indeed.

We, despite our obvious struggles, have a strong argument for being the 3rd r 4th best team in the east .... but we're tryna trade our 2nd or 3rd best player (arguable) to "get off the contract"?  Or to downgrade in overall talent (Crowder)?

Geez people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Indeed.  Take everything people, this time last year, said about Chicago and Washington ... but insert "Utah".

Have fun Jazz-hands but the fall is gonna be a precipitous one. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We, despite our obvious struggles, have a strong argument for being the 3rd r 4th

Valid since we still don’t even have Bogi yet, he could change the way teams play JC. 

Bottom line here: JC needs to get better at making threes, and it wouldn’t hurt for him and Hunter to put some damn cones down in the gym and start dribbling the ball. It really does help when you practice, Iverson was wrong, practice makes perfect, ok not perfect but a lot better.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

At this point I think the top 3 are locked in. Clint has earned that 3 imo. Dre and JC flip back and forth for 4 and 5. 

Fine with that.  My overall point remains ... Shams is a shill of himself.

See what I did there? 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's a 'Sham' report! :rolleyes:

'In recent weeks AND MONTHS'  :blanky:

Do I think the Hawks have had 'conversations" that included Collins?  Yeah, probably.

Do I think this is true for literally every player?  Yeah, probably.

Is this new news?  Yeah, probably not. 

• Haha 2