• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

On 11/18/2022 at 8:17 AM, Spud2nique said:

Yes! Get Cam but get more too. Crowder, Cam and a 1st for JC. 

Is this still a possibility.

JC is really stinking it up. 12 points and 7 boards and 1 assist. That’s it.

If it wasn’t for his athleticism, y’all would prolly be willing to swing him in a deal faster. Those dunks keep us mesmerized from time to time, taking away from the fact that he’s content and doesn’t seem to want to get better. He’s not fitting well. 

• Moderators
On 11/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, AtLaS said:

They are similar rebounders.  

Missed this previously.  Just wanted to point out they are similar rebounders this year.  But they aren't similar rebounders for their careers.  JC is a career 15.4% TRB%; Lauri is 12.5% TRB% for his career.  This is the only season where JC isn't multiple % better than LM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Missed this previously.  Just wanted to point out they are similar rebounders this year.  But they aren't similar rebounders for their careers.  JC is a career 15.4% TRB%; Lauri is 12.5% TRB% for his career.  This is the only season where JC isn't multiple % better than LM.

JC has also slimmed and is weak now.  I see nothing on the court that convinces me Lauri isn't just as capable to get as many boards as JC.  Cavs had Mobley and Allen last year so it's not surprising Lauri isn't plucking a lot of boards then... Chicago years was well... tanking years.  Hard to compare Lauri and JC on their stats this early in their career imo because their situations have been different and their development arcs have been different.  Still think we should have taken him though -- lower salary, comparable impact, better fit, and two first rounders?  I'm pulling the trigger on that all day.  Haven't even touched on how little I trust JCs shot post finger injury

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Haven't even touched on how little I trust JCs shot post finger injury

That is a real concern for me too.  What I will say is that if Utah is really offering LM plus 2 firsts then they don't believe that Lauri can sustain this play at all and/or they believe JC is situated to absolutely breakout on a different roster.  (I find the former to be more believable than the latter.)

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

That is a real concern for me too.  What I will say is that if Utah is really offering LM plus 2 firsts then they don't believe that Lauri can sustain this play at all and/or they believe JC is situated to absolutely breakout on a different roster.  (I find the former to be more believable than the latter.)

It may mean that they see the misuse of JC in Atlanta and believes that bringing him to Utah...

1.   Gives their young squad a leader. 

2.   Give the home fans somebody to cheer for.

3.   Even if he doesn't work out right away puts them in a good spot to get Wimbanyama.

4. Take advantage of the misuse by Nate. 

This past game against Miami...   JC wasn't even a thought in the second half and he still ended up with 20 something.. on good % shooting.   Somebody in Utah may be seeing.... new Karl Malone. 

• Like 1

I think the chances that Schlenk cuts a few deals before the deadline are stronger than ever.

We need to move Collins and Bogi. It's clear that Bogi is not coming back and Collins is not an offensive or defensive threat we need him to be for the minutes he gets.

Package them up for Ayton or LM and move on. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JTB said:

Really? Who they offering KD?

I bet something centered around Joe Harris because we can’t shoot. Funny though, because neither can he this year. Just a guess though. 

(This part is not intended to reply to you JTB, I just saw your post when I came to reply to the topic). At some point this stuff has to start wearing down on JC. He started the season strong, had a couple of decent games, then the rumors came out (again) and you see him pressing. I get the fact they make money, but they are human beings too. JC is a loyal guy and this has to constantly wear down on him mentally. I wish we would stop treating the guy like this and commit to him or trade him just to get this over with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I bet something centered around Joe Harris because we can’t shoot. Funny though, because neither can he this year. Just a guess though. 

(This part is not intended to reply to you JTB, I just saw your post when I came to reply to the topic). At some point this stuff has to start wearing down on JC. He started the season strong, had a couple of decent games, then the rumors came out (again) and you see him pressing. I get the fact they make money, but they are human beings too. JC is a loyal guy and this has to constantly wear down on him mentally. I wish we would stop treating the guy like this and commit to him or trade him just to get this over with.

JC has been in trade rumors for years.. Why would he be "pressing" now? 

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, terrell said:

JC has been in trade rumors for years.. Why would he be "pressing" now? 

The thing is he probably finally put the most recent summer rumors behind him for it to only rear its ugly head again. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 11/29/2022 at 5:55 AM, theheroatl said:

I think the chances that Schlenk cuts a few deals before the deadline are stronger than ever.

We need to move Collins and Bogi. It's clear that Bogi is not coming back and Collins is not an offensive or defensive threat we need him to be for the minutes he gets.

Package them up for Ayton or LM and move on. 

TS will make a move. It's likely his job on the line. 

• Premium Member

From The Athletic:

Several teams, such as the Atlanta Hawks and Phoenix Suns, have expressed trade interest in Kuzma, according to league sources. By the same token, the Wizards have shown interest in Hawks forward John Collins, and the sides seriously discussed a potential deal last offseason, league sources added. Overall, this surely creates a possible decision for the Wizards during the season of holding onto the potential free-agent-to-be or exploring what’s out there.

However, the Wizards’ front office, led by general manager Tommy Sheppard, has made clear that it views Kuzma as a cornerstone moving forward as the franchise has seen him thrive since the mega-trade in the 2021 offseason. The Westbrook trade provided future flexibility and assets for the Wizards, who have been known to be aggressive and active in research across the league.

“We’ve had great respect for Kyle since he’s been in the league,” Sheppard told The Athletic. “He had a great rookie season, being in the Rookie of the Year conversation, and then life changed when LeBron came. So when the trade happened, it allowed Kyle an opportunity to join our program, have a bigger role, start for us, and he has been outstanding.

“Kyle has such a great personality and demeanor, and he has so much more room to grow in the future for us. We’re really excited for his future growth here.”

For his part, Kuzma is expected to approach in excess of $20 million to $25 million per year on a new deal next summer, rival executives believe. Kuzma, who is averaging 7.7 rebounds and 3.6 assists to go along with 20.6 points, is in the second season of the three-year, $40 million contract he signed with the Lakers in 2020.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

From The Athletic:

Several teams, such as the Atlanta Hawks and Phoenix Suns, have expressed trade interest in Kuzma, according to league sources. By the same token, the Wizards have shown interest in Hawks forward John Collins, and the sides seriously discussed a potential deal last offseason, league sources added. Overall, this surely creates a possible decision for the Wizards during the season of holding onto the potential free-agent-to-be or exploring what’s out there.

However, the Wizards’ front office, led by general manager Tommy Sheppard, has made clear that it views Kuzma as a cornerstone moving forward as the franchise has seen him thrive since the mega-trade in the 2021 offseason. The Westbrook trade provided future flexibility and assets for the Wizards, who have been known to be aggressive and active in research across the league.

“We’ve had great respect for Kyle since he’s been in the league,” Sheppard told The Athletic. “He had a great rookie season, being in the Rookie of the Year conversation, and then life changed when LeBron came. So when the trade happened, it allowed Kyle an opportunity to join our program, have a bigger role, start for us, and he has been outstanding.

“Kyle has such a great personality and demeanor, and he has so much more room to grow in the future for us. We’re really excited for his future growth here.”

For his part, Kuzma is expected to approach in excess of $20 million to $25 million per year on a new deal next summer, rival executives believe. Kuzma, who is averaging 7.7 rebounds and 3.6 assists to go along with 20.6 points, is in the second season of the three-year, $40 million contract he signed with the Lakers in 2020.

Nope!

1. We lose too much on defense

2. He will be an UFA next season meaning he can walk for nothing

3. He has a 26 usage with the Wiz, I don't see that happening here thereby reducing his ppg. On the flip side he would fit right in with this squad shooting 30% from 3. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope!

1. We lose too much on defense

2. He will be an UFA next season meaning he can walk for nothing

3. He has a 26 usage with the Wiz, I don't see that happening here thereby reducing his ppg. On the flip side he would fit right in with this squad shooting 30% from 3. 🙃

He's also surprisingly 2 years older than JC.  When John's contract is up he'll be under 30.  If you re'up Kuz you'll be paying him big bucks when he's on the other side of 30. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

He's also surprisingly 2 years older than JC.  When John's contract is up he'll be under 30.  If you re'up Kuz you'll be paying him big bucks when he's on the other side of 30. 

Didn't realize that.