• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it me or has this been Trae's best defensive effort since being in the league?

Wurider05

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's been a week and a half.

Let's see if he can keep it up!

He's still turning the ball over

He's gotta stop hero-balling

I can go on.......:laugh1:

Honestly, I agree. It's only been since Quin been here. We aren't hiding him anymore. It's been nice 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

They should just say that they don’t like the kid and move on. Enough BS excuses

Some criticisms against Trae are fair and quite frankly undeniable. Those being, shooting ineffictiency, high turnovers and poor defense. That being said, some criticisms are probably way overblown, such as the character assassinations asserting he is bad leader, etc. I think making you're 6ft 165 lbs point guard the number one option is a lot to ask, especially in the playoffs where defenses have more leeway. Hopefully we get a star wing or big at some point, and Trae can settle in as a really good number 2. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

100%. Trae is about to overtake Dejaunte in defensive Raptor... that's wild. 

IMO the Dejounta Trae experiment was a flop. We need a legit 2 way guard next to Trae, Mikal Bridges / Cam Johnson would have been fantastic trade targets but alas they are probably pretty untouchable now. Dejaunte is a PG and his defense at the 2 is sub-par, plus he isn't a consistent enough shooter from the outside to be an optimal pairing next to Trae. If we had kept Huerter and not mae the DJM trade I'd wager we'd be around the same record, maybe 1 or 2 losses more at the most.  If we had kept both Huerter and Delon Wright, we might even be a better team. 

16 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

IMO the Dejounta Trae experiment was a flop. We need a legit 2 way guard next to Trae, Mikal Bridges / Cam Johnson would have been fantastic trade targets but alas they are probably pretty untouchable now. Dejaunte is a PG and his defense at the 2 is sub-par, plus he isn't a consistent enough shooter from the outside to be an optimal pairing next to Trae. If we had kept Huerter and not mae the DJM trade I'd wager we'd be around the same record, maybe 1 or 2 losses more at the most.  If we had kept both Huerter and Delon Wright, we might even be a better team. 

They don't have anywhere near the same level of responsibility on defense even with Quin and with Nate, we were hiding him at the expense of others. Let's look at Trae's RAPTOR as a singular win but understand the others far more difficult roles are being penalized. 

16 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

They don't have anywhere near the same level of responsibility on defense even with Quin and with Nate, we were hiding him at the expense of others. Let's look at Trae's RAPTOR as a singular win but understand the others far more difficult roles are being penalized. 

• Like 1

If this is the new Trae and he plays with this effort on D for the rest of his career, he will get back into that top 10 discussion and the Hawks will start winning serious games.  His respect will come.  Just don't revert back to low effort.  Defense is the key to winning in the NBA with very few exceptions.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, kg01 said:

"Well everybody knows steals don't mean nothin." - folks that say he doesn't pay attention, at all, on defense 

as soon as I saw bird posted that I said "Oh I can't wait to see KG's response"

Nice. I'll bet they have no idea cuz they wouldn't dare click this thread. 

• Like 3