• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

6 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Not just points scored:

Game 5: Q3 - 0-1 / Q4 - 0-1 / 2 FGA in the 2nd half

Game 6: Q3 - 1-2 / Q4 - 0-4 / 6 FGA in the 2nd half

Game 7: Q3 - 1-2 / Q4 - 0-1 / 3 FGA in the 2nd half

That's 11 FGA in the 2nd halves of the last 3 games of the series. Yes, he scored 0 pts in the 4th quarters, but he also only took 2 shots per game. I understand deferring to Embiid, but if you are supposed to be the 2nd DUDE on the team, you can't turtle the way he did. It really was Ben Simmons-esque. 

In game 6 alone, there were multiple drives where he was point blank at the rim without a big in front of him and he kicks to the corner for a 3 instead of just taking the layup. And that was late in the game when they could have extended the lead and then later when they needed an answer to Boston's run.  It was maddening to watch. 

Shoot the ball, James.

• Haha 2

Not to turn this into a Celtics vs Philly thread but since @AHF brought up remarkable stat line….

I just found out from someone that on the official nba report after game 6, the refs admitted to 17 missed errors on the Celtics and 4 missed errors on Philly.

Say what you want but 17 missed errors is not a mistake a professional makes and this is why so many believe these games are fixed.

I don’t think I could handle a report like that if it happened to our hawks in the playoffs especially vs the Celtics who many like myself believe they receive favoritism even on years they are mediocre.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Not to turn this into a Celtics vs Philly thread but since @AHF brought up remarkable stat line….

I just found out from someone that on the official nba report after game 6, the refs admitted to 17 missed errors on the Celtics and 4 missed errors on Philly.

Say what you want but 17 missed errors is not a mistake a professional makes and this is why so many believe these games are fixed.

I don’t think I could handle a report like that if it happened to our hawks in the playoffs especially vs the Celtics who many like myself believe they receive favoritism even on years they are mediocre.

Apparently Doc mentioned this in his press conference after game 6…imagine being a coach and hearing or reading that bull shit after a playoff game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

butthole pucker

:laugh1:You mean the punch 🤛 face team? :sarcastic:

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

I’m building an “anti-closers” team or butthole pucker team a la @JayBirdHawk

I got Harden, Joel, Randle, Ayton, Dillon Brooks, with Doc at the helm and Poole coming off the bench. Who ya got?

Guys that really know how to let you down when it matters most. 

Booker hides well too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Shoot the ball, James.

Golden opportunity to post the famous "Shoot it, Ben!" clip from Kyrie earlier this year.

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Apparently Doc mentioned this in his press conference after game 6…imagine being a coach and hearing or reading that bull shit after a playoff game.

"SSall-right.  I woulda f*cked it up on my own anyways." - GLLLLenn Rivers 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1:You mean the punch 🤛 face team? :sarcastic:

Booker hides well too.

Sneaky good call.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JTB said:

In both the Celtics- Philly and the Lakers- Golden State series, I saw many times where the refs would stop momentum with questionable calls. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JTB said:

Games are not fixed. Though I think some of that may have gone on in David Stern era, I wouldn't put anything past him. These reports are supposed to transparency, and I commend the NBA for providing them. But officials need to be better. Need more tryouts for refs. Bring in new blood. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Games are not fixed. Though I think some of that may have gone on in David Stern era, I wouldn't put anything past him. These reports are supposed to transparency, and I commend the NBA for providing them. But officials need to be better. Need more tryouts for refs. Bring in new blood. 

A big part of the problem is the new refs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Booker hides well too.

I would absolutely, 100%, no question love to have him play for the Hawks and test out that disappearing theory here. Easily a top five dream player to play with Trae for me. Maybe top three. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I would absolutely, 100%, no question love to have him play for the Hawks and test out that disappearing theory here. Easily a top five dream player to play with Trae for me. Maybe top three. 

But what if he'd gone to Duke .....

Seriously though, I felt the same but these last two elimination games are a bit eye-opening.  He's the common denom.  I think it's more than fair to ask the question on him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But what if he'd gone to Duke .....

Seriously though, I felt the same but these last two elimination games are a bit eye-opening.  He's the common denom.  I think it's more than fair to ask the question on him. 

I thought the Suns problems were all about CP3?

Seriously though, two games could be bad luck or bad situation. I’d be more than happy to see how he would perform in a similar position with Trae and Quin on his side. 

Who are five other guys that you would rather have who have proven to be clutch in elimination games? It’s easy to pick out the duds who fail to live up to the moment. Who are the best performers when it matters most, and who can do it better than Booker day in and day out to get you there?