• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

What is Kawhi winning that Joel isn't?  

Last 3 years:  

Joel -  Regular Season: 154 wins; Playoffs:  18-15

Kawhi - Regular Seasons:  133 wins; Playoffs:  11-13

Hmmm....

Did you pick 3 years because it supports your point, AH?

🤔

When, at season's end, the coach says, "Here's what you all need to work on before next season. That means everyone. This is where the team is weakest.  If you don't want to do this, let me know now.  I'll talk to the GM and we will see if we can find you another team to play for."

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

All of this makes sense and says to me JJ and OO have more value to us than JC and CC.

Dre and Bey are switchable but not as effective creating turnovers and extending possessions as mentioned.

JJ is the lone player who checks all these boxes as stated. He is in for a major bump in minutes if this is true.

How sway??...

I disagree on JJ.   I think we have wished JJ into something that he's not.  You would think he was the next coming of KD if you read this board.   I didn't see the ability to guard 3 positions watching JJ.  Barely one position and we have to figure out which position that is.

JJ is an uber athletic young player.   Let's develop him and see what we got instead of just making up stuff. 

OO has the same sort of fan fare wishes.  I watched the Celtics carve him up.  Every Celtic.  Brown.  Smart.  White. Brogdon.   Yes, he's still young.  Yes, he will develop... but let's stop the tall tales.   He didn't show up until the 5th game of the series.   Clint put in work against Miami and he was serviceable against Boston.  OO is at the cusp of taking over the center spot but there's still something missing.  

Dropping Bey would be a problem.  I would rather lose Dre than Bey right now.. and honestly, I'd rather keep both. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hmmm....

Did you pick 3 years because it supports your point, AH?

🤔

What would you consider a more relevant timeframe to predict future performance?

Beyond that, it isn't like if you go back 6 years it really changes things.  Kawhi missed one entire season during that period and his first LAC team was very on part with PHI.  His teams won 47, 58, and 49 games which is slightly better than Embiid.

Philly and Embiid won 52, 51 and 43 games.  

The only year that really distinguishes them in my book is the single season in Toronto.  But Kawhi has never been able to repeat that and will be 32 next season so I just don't see some big edge that Kawhi has when I look at what you should expect from them over the next 3 years.  

I don't mean this as a slam on either player.  They are both absolute studs with significant injury risk.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I didn't see the ability to guard 3 positions watching JJ.

We saw different things, then...

SF, PF and some Cs. That's 3 positions I saw him guard adequately to effectvely.

I don't get the report from our friend camp. I saw a lot  better defense than I expected to see... and all the way around. But then again, no one pays me for my scouting reports (yet... maybe can be a retirement side hustle, tho, who knows. 😄 ).

The errors I saw seemed to be more about knowing where he belonged in a given defensive set.... mental.

Don't think it's practical to think that JJ's ever going to be able to guard SGs consistently... at least in the 6-5 range. Sure, work on it, and see, but very few PFs are able to legitimately be that.

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Hawks are interested in trading out of the 15th pick to combine with a vet for a roster upgrade. They are not convinced the 15th pick can help them in the next 2 seasons.....

Landry is my burner account apparently. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

What would you consider a more relevant timeframe to predict future performance?

Doesn't matter, if I'm being honest.  Nothing will change my mind on JelloPudding.  I'd take Kawhi, injuries and all, over him any day.

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Hawks are interested in trading out of the 15th pick to combine with a vet for a roster upgrade.

No shit Sherlock. I mean ummm, we value your inside(her) input. :unsure: #eyyyydayyy

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JustSomeGuy said:

So natural question is who, besides Trae and Clint, fits the stated criteria? Maybe Hunter? 

#15 plus one of the vets to me means: CC, JC Dre and Bogi....based on number of seasons.

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So based on camps rumor above...which player would you target for the 'ROSTER UPGRADE'?

#15 plus CC = ?

#15 plus JC = ?

#15 plus Dre = ?

#15 plus Bogi = ?

Not Bogi.... We cant lose More shooting....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1