• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

pacers and hawks are talking about Hunter again. both teams are trying to get the most value out of rosters/picks. 

For those doubting the Hawks want to move up and get another pick, that is real. Feeling is we got some young guys ready to step up and we can move contracts to (sigh) save money for Ressler as well as get more guys on rookie scale contracts.

Extremely believable.  So i guess we're going into the LT next year. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

pacers and hawks are talking about Hunter again. both teams are trying to get the most value out of rosters/picks. 

For those doubting the Hawks want to move up and get another pick, that is real. Feeling is we got some young guys ready to step up and we can move contracts to (sigh) save money for Ressler as well as get more guys on rookie scale contracts.

I was guessing it was this.  The caveat here though, I think is that moves have to be made with this front court.  I love JC and Cap.  I love this team probably more than any other team in my 30+ year Hawks fan history...but I don't think we can sit on our hands and if there's not good deals for veteran upgrades, then I guess it has to be looking at the young guys on the bench.

We also have a glut in the front court DH, JC, JJ, OO, CAP...maybe all these guys are starter quality, but we've only got 3 spots in the front and very little reliable spacing ability between the 5.  I'm not gonna be mad about it, but I also don't want to hear later on that we passed on quality upgrade trades and chose the draft because of $$$.  I would be be pissed then.

• Premium Member

I don't see a trade here that makes us better on the floor for 23-24.

I see a trade that makes the owner better in his pocket book, and perhaps, makes us better on the floor... after DJM becomes a free agent, pretty much mitigating any gain.

Hamster wheel follies.

But oh, just look at the new toy(s)!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Cason wallace is the guy the hawks are targeting

What am I missing here?  He's undersized, not a great shooter, not super athletic.  Is he THAT good a defender?  Are we going to want to play him over AJ or Bogi?  

I just don't see the fit unless we are making major trades.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

I don't see a trade here that makes us better on the floor for 23-24.

I see a trade that makes the owner better in his pocket book, and perhaps, makes us better on the floor... after DJM becomes a free agent, pretty much mitigating any gain.

Hamster wheel follies.

But oh, just look at the new toy(s)!

What do you care?  I thought you were starting a 150 game pledge this season?

1 minute ago, shakes said:

don't know how you peeps do it on the East coast.   I can make it till 11pm est time, but that's my limit.

I put the TV on, snuggle up with Mrs.kg01 and turn the TV off when I get drowsy.  Simple.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Sounds like we want to dump salary so we can pay Murray next year so moving forward our roster will be Trae/Murray along with players on vet mins, rookie scale contracts, whatever Bogi can bring when hes not injured and 1 highly paid front court players (JC or Capela)

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So save money while also being ok with going into the tax? Feels like an odd dichotomy 

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Cason wallace is the guy the hawks are targeting

He's one of the three. Anthony Black, Lively and Wallace. There's at least two other names in there as well. One is a guard, one is a forward. Was told not to say names.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I put the TV on, snuggle up with Mrs.kg01 and turn the TV off when I get drowsy.  Simple.

I snuggle up on the couch too, but it’s not very conducive to gently falling asleep

2DE91324-E361-4D88-97DC-717FDE7ADCEB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I've said for years, Paul's rep as a leader is both overblown and unearned.  This move shows the rest of the league still doesn't get it with him.  He'll tear that thing down proper.  @Spud2nique will be happy after this.

When it's all said and done, Trae Young will be remembered as a better PG than Chris Paul.

• Like 3

So, Hawks had a really great season?  Yep.  41-41 if I remember correctly.  We're breaking things up now?  Why?  Don't we all know how great we were in 2022-23!  Bull Feathers!  We're not saving the owner some money.  We are stirring the pot to see what will happen with some much needed new blood!!

🧑‍🔧Still!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Here's a big ol shot in the dark................. 😄

Hawks

- Patrick Williams SF (from Bulls)

- Jonathan Kaminga PF (from Warriors)

- #19 FRP

Pacers

- DeAndre Hunter SF (from Hawks)

Warriors

- #7 FRP

Bulls

- #15 FRP

Last first... the #15 pick gives CHI a legit shot at a starting caliber PG... Warriors have been said all this time to be looking for a way to get into the lottery w/ Kuminga as one part of the package... Pacers get their vet wing... Hawks get a younger version of Dre with all the same upside, and at that, a more consistent 3 pt shot; and Kuminga, which in sturt-world allows Quin the luxury of playing Jalen on occasion as a point-forward, and really creating match-up problems on the offensive end; and the #19, who knows, but they've worked out a boat load of guys, and let's not forget... it's not "#19"... it's LUCKY #19" 😛 .

• Like 1