• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What is your theoretical offer from the Hawks that would trump the multitude of offers from other teams? If it's some iteration of JC, Bogi and a young player that will not get it done, not even close. 

First, bleach, you and I don't know what other teams' best offers are going to be... so seems to me that you're getting a little ahead of your skis here.

Second, while draft picks maybe won't be the biggest asset, but they will be a significant asset in whatever deal would get done... by letting go of KD, Nets don't have the same sense of urgency that they do when a high-performance asset at his age is on the roster.

Third, it's too painful for me to imagine what the massacre would look like, but if a deal got done, it would hurt severely.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Y’all debating KD Ben and Ayton but y’all don’t act like the Hawks FO won’t completely drop the ball on actually pulling the trigger on a trade.

We ain’t gonna do squat and y’all know that

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.... no fair.

I'm the one trying to jinx a deal here... don't you try to counter my jinx against a deal by a jinx for the deal. Not having that. 😞

This the first time I’m seeing Thybulle linked to Atlanta other than @NBASupes mentioning it.

Maybe this is what Trae is talking about in his tweet.

honestly our offense isn’t good enough to get Thybulle . But he’d definitely help defensively.

Edited by JTB

36 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Y’all debating KD Ben and Ayton but y’all don’t act like the Hawks FO won’t completely drop the ball on actually pulling the trigger on a trade.

We ain’t gonna do squat and y’all know that

LOL leave us alone. Let us fantasize in peace before Thursday.

Edited by JTB
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, sturt said:

First, bleach, you and I don't know what other teams' best offers are going to be... so seems to me that you're getting a little ahead of your skis here.

Second, while draft picks maybe won't be the biggest asset, but they will be a significant asset in whatever deal would get done... by letting go of KD, Nets don't have the same sense of urgency that they do when a high-performance asset at his age is on the roster.

Third, it's too painful for me to imagine what the massacre would look like, but if a deal got done, it would hurt severely.

Ah, yes. One should never venture to guess what you don't know for sure. A typically refrain of yours. Let me assure you, it will take an absolutely monster offer to land KD. You have to bid against many other teams for a generational player, not an expiring mind you, but one under contract for years to come. They will ask for the sun, the moon and the stars, and make no mistake about it, they will get it 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ah, yes. One should never venture to guess what you don't know for sure. A typically refrain of yours. Let me assure you, it will take an absolutely monster offer to land KD. You have to bid against many other teams for a generational player, not an expiring mind you, but one under contract for years to come. They will ask for the sun, the moon and the stars, and make no mistake about it, they will get it 

Agreed.  I believe @sturt also agrees on this why is why he is already lamenting the possibility.  It will be very very bittersweet if a KD trade goes through, and we could absolutely be looking back at it 2 years down the road as a franchise altering move (in a bad way).  If it was just collins, bogi, JJ, and 1st, obviously I would be thrilled.  But I think more likely we get cleaned of our future firsts and have to include better young players like AJ and/or OO

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JTB said:

You right! It’s probably his friend Simmons.

That's worse.  $35 million vs $4 million for a defense only guy.  We'd have to mortgage our future to get a 7/6/6 guy.  How could any team be that desperate? I can't imagine that Ressler is gonna pay the luxury tax to get Simmons.  No one would be that dumb.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

That's worse.  $35 million vs $4 million for a defense only guy.  We'd have to mortgage our future to get a 7/6/6 guy.  How could any team be that desperate? I can't imagine that Ressler is gonna pay the luxury tax to get Simmons.  No one would be that dumb.

Simmons salary is a non starter for me. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Call me crazy, but I don't see Ressler taking on Simmons money.  I don't see him taking on any money fwiw.  I think the Hawks may make a small sell move that keeps them under the luxury tax.  I think ownership just wants to make the playoffs, not spend money to be a contending team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

They aren't trading KD. And even if they did, other teams could blow our offer out of the water. 

I dont disagree.  But I do think, once he's traded, folks are all gonna say 'dang so-and-so team could've beat that return'.. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Call me crazy, but I don't see Ressler taking on Simmons money.  I don't see him taking on any money fwiw.  I think the Hawks may make a small sell move that keeps them under the luxury tax.  I think ownership just wants to make the playoffs, not spend money to be a contending team.

You wouldn’t think but I’m wondering where Traes power stands. 

im already preparing myself for the worse but hoping for the best outcome even if we do trade for Simmons.

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

You wouldn’t think but I’m wondering where Traes power stands. 

im already preparing myself for the worse but hoping for the best outcome even if we do trade for Simmons.

I think Trae has some power, but it's relative.  His power doesn't trump ownership's objectives which is why Trae asking out at some point is a real concern.  They talk a good game and want us to believe that they're really trying to build a championship team.  In reality, they'll just do enough to be mediocre while not spending too much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dont disagree.  But I do think, once he's traded, folks are all gonna say 'dang so-and-so team could've beat that return'.. 

Have you been getting that feeling from trades lately? I sure havent. The Rudy Gobert trade for example, Minny sold their soul to get him. Look what an expiring, unpredictable Kyrie cost. Players haven't been coming cheap lately. Brooklyn will be asking for your first born. 

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Have you been getting that feeling from trades lately? I sure havent. The Rudy Gobert trade for example, Minny sold their soul to get him. Look what an expiring, unpredictable Kyrie cost. Players haven't been coming cheap lately. Brooklyn will be asking for your first born. 

I bet Minny regrets that trade in the worst way.  What a disappointment Gobert has been recently.

Edited by Watchman