• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

this was my exact journey.  

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

We dipped our toes into the cold water and went right back to recliners. :sarcastic: #shrinkage

Glad I can help you guys stay on the right path.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hmm..

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: Myles Turner and Bogdan Bogdanović

Atlanta Hawks Receive: Bojan Bogdanović, Buddy Hield and Alec Burks

Detroit Pistons Receive: John Collins, Jalen Johnson and Max Christie

Indiana Pacers Receive: Russell Westbrook (to likely be bought out), Frank Kaminsky, a 2027 first-round pick from Los Angeles and a 2029 first-round pick from Los Angeles

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

No indication a Kevin Durant trade request is coming soon

There has been no indication a Kevin Durant trade request is coming soon. And until that day comes, the Nets, as they did last offseason — even after Durant asked to be moved elsewhere — will continue to try and upgrade Brooklyn’s supporting cast around their MVP candidate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, shakes said:

Why trade a guy when you can just put him out there in trade rumors 2x per year for 3 straight years?

Exactly. Every single news release was just posturing for his market.

Even before he signed that contract he was “on the block”. I can’t remember a Hawk ever being so much that.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks won't sell low on John Collins trade

i_3a_ad_c9_john-collins.png?w=190

The Hawks have held firm Atlanta won’t just trade John Collins for the sake of trading him, sources said, and will only part with the 25-year-old forward in a deal that brings back equal value. Collins is in the second season of a five-year, $125 million contract, with that final year a player option for the 2025-26 campaign.

I appreciate the propaganda, but the Hawks will likely sell low on Collins and/or Bogi if they have to.  We're likely going to be forced to if we're intent on making a move before the deadline.  It's plain as day that Ressler wants to stay under the tax and to do so, we have to get off one or both of these contracts now or the offseason.    Teams know this just as we do as fans, so they are not going to be throwing premium assets or picks at us for Collins or Bogi.  So the question quickly becomes, how much do you guys honestly think Ressler is going to pay the luxury tax for this mid squad?  Because if he's not, prepare to be disappointed for what we get for JC/Bogi if they're traded. 

The  HOPE for us as fans is that we wait until the offseason where competing teams can drive up price on these guys and hopefully they both stay healthy and play well the second half of the season.

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, sturt said:

...But my number one guess (regarding the words of Trae's prayer) is borne out of that, borne out of the fact that MIL evidently hasn't closed a deal yet, and borne out of the fact we know the Hawks have been hot for Crowder for months.

Maybe just maybe, PHX has indeed ratcheted back their demands in response to the outcry that he's going to take a number of games just to get back into game shape. And maybe the real prayer part is that he's asking for some holy nudging in the owner's brain that he'll pay some tax after all.

Per Fischer via Hoops Rumors:

Bucks recently inquired about the veteran sharpshooter [the other Bogi] after failing to close a deal with the Suns for Jae Crowder,

tenor.gif

18 minutes ago, georgia said:

We need to do something.    Trae is sick vs Denver and not Murray has a headache.   Gone are the days of NBA players being tough.   

Probably hungover from Mardi Gras.. smh

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, georgia said:

We need to do something.    Trae is sick vs Denver and not Murray has a headache.   Gone are the days of NBA players being tough.   

Lol. Trae misses like 2% of games. I agree with you but not Trae.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol. Trae misses like 2% of games. I agree with you but not Trae.

12.9% this season.. Which isnt normal for Trae..

Hes missed 7 out of 54..

Edited by terrell