• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

31 minutes ago, JTB said:

So let me speak to this since I probably sound like the one squawker who wants Simmons (I don’t by the way. I’m only for it if it comes with Ayton) ….back to your question regarding Simmons play…at one point in the early half of the season when the Nets first started truly rolling Ben was playing great in terms of playmaking and defense. And it’s still continued honestly. Ben isn’t getting enough props for the improved defense in Brooklyn (outside of Nic Claxton) because so many pay attention to the fact that he doesn’t even attempt to shoot the ball.

so the good is that it doesn’t matter if people like Ben or not he’s still a good defender and playmaker but only a really bad contract. 

now one thing that is obvious he has no effort to make shots. He went from 16pts per game to basically nothing. That’s the biggest issue for me, it’s not even his mental mindset it’s the fact that he can’t be what he once was which was 16/8/8….if Ben ever returns to 16/8/8 along with elite defense then that team is going have an all star player and it’s not impossible for him to return as that guy.

LOL me too in hoping he’s not the major trade. I’m hoping if Simmons is involved it’s only because he has to be to make some kind of 3 team trade work and our major piece (Ayton) is within that trade too.

If he plays for a lotto team with low expectations and a lackluster fanbase, it's possible he could get somewhat closer to his career numbers.  But on any team with pressure and expectations it just isnt going to happen.  Which means it's pointless b/c we are trying to compete.  No contender wants him on their team b/c they know he will choke in the playoffs.  You literally can't play him in the 4th quarter.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

ben's contract is considered one of the literal worst in the NBA. the Nets are desperate to try and trade it off their books.

I sincerely pray to God we don't trade for him. 

Seriously. If Bogi was considered a negative asset that we would have to include a pick to trade him away this past summer, could you imagine what the Nets would have to give away to get rid of him? And they have no picks, so it would have to be a three team trade to get some picks to go with him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, sturt said:

But if we lose tonight, it's so very easy for me to see that being taken as a sign that this team as currently constituted is probably regarded as not on the upward trajectory the front office had hoped, and that there's going to be every chance given to a major move of some kind, KD or no KD.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update: one source asked me if I enjoyed watching Bogi tonight? When I said that I did the source said so did 18 other teams that just upped their offers for him.

I think Bogi might be gone. 

Don't tease me like this Soth don't get my hopes up just to crush em lol

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update: one source asked me if I enjoyed watching Bogi tonight? When I said that I did the source said so did 18 other teams that just upped their offers for him.

What would a successful trade for Bogi look like on the Hawks side? Quality rotation player + 1frp?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, akay said:

What would a successful trade for Bogi look like on the Hawks side? Quality rotation player + 1frp?

That would be my guess. The FO may give off the vibe that they don't care about the loss of those picks to SAS in a few years but getting another first would seriously help us possibly move JC or Capela for an upgrade either now or in the offseason.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I honestly think Bogi is gone. I think we just watched his last game as a Hawk. 

Yup. We showcased him. Makes sense he’s a free agent with a player option this summer. Makes sense for both sides he’s not coming back is my guess so parting ways now makes sense. AJ is ready for more burn 🔥.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ayton? And ya 2 firsts?

Yeah thats not to shabby then with the 2 1sts coming back although if i was the Nets i demand 3 and no Cam to them.   Mainly because i could see other teams offering a better starter player than Ayton going to the Nets and 2 picks probably still. 

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I honestly think Bogi is gone. I think we just watched his last game as a Hawk. 

When healthy Bogi and Gallo gave us a dimension that’s not easy to replicate. Last year they created a reliable bench unit with Delon and Okongwu.  The year before we went 27-11 with them both playing big roles.  
We’re hoping AJ develops into the sixth man, but we need more bench firepower.  Or we just get Siakim.  That works, too.  

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Hmm. I wonder if Sacramento  would trade Kevin for him? Seems like a good deal for both sides. Lol. 

• Haha 3