• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, georgia said:

We need to do something.    Trae is sick vs Denver and not Murray has a headache.   Gone are the days of NBA players being tough.   

Nah... Trae is not a sickly guy.   He probably has a virus or something. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I appreciate the propaganda, but the Hawks will likely sell low on Collins and/or Bogi if they have to.  We're likely going to be forced to if we're intent on making a move before the deadline.  It's plain as day that Ressler wants to stay under the tax and to do so, we have to get off one or both of these contracts now or the offseason.    Teams know this just as we do as fans, so they are not going to be throwing premium assets or picks at us for Collins or Bogi.  So the question quickly becomes, how much do you guys honestly think Ressler is going to pay the luxury tax for this mid squad?  Because if he's not, prepare to be disappointed for what we get for JC/Bogi if they're traded. 

The  HOPE for us as fans is that we wait until the offseason where competing teams can drive up price on these guys and hopefully they both stay healthy and play well the second half of the season.

I'm not sure i follow.  We are under the tax now so no need to sell either guy.   Cap is going up next year right?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

It's plain as day that Ressler wants to stay under the tax and to do so, we have to get off one or both of these contracts now or the offseason. 

We are currently under the tax by $1.2 million.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It seems a bit too quiet on the Hawks trade front!  I don't like it! I have a bad feeling!

A bad feeling that a trade is going down, or a bad feeling that we arent going to do anything? lol

Edited by terrell

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It seems a bit too quiet on the Hawks trade front!  I don't like it! I have a bad feeling!

Good I hope you jinxed it. :laugh1:

I mean, trades are cool and all but I don’t want to root for a trade just to get a trade done. 

Lets the chips fall… no control obviously just a fan. :smile:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I doubt any trade happens. They are still posturing that they won’t let JC go for free. We’ve seen that song last few years. It means there isn’t any trade to be had. 

A similar case is Myles Turner. He’s Indiana’s JC.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

If something definitive had already been decided, from a Hawks standpoint, it should have gotten done on Sunday. But of course, the other team's (or teams') standpoint may have precluded that.

Something this close to game time seems nonsensical, but we've seen nonsensical before, of course.

I've got us winning tonight, and making a small deal tomorrow, me. Most of my Squawk Chips are on Alexander-Walker becoming a Hawk, but Thybulle and Crowder are in line behind him (see trade deadline game).

(Yes, Crowder now qualifies as a "small deal" but only because he's been out this long. But of course, it's probably too big to be called small because of its considerable potential for postseason implications alone.)

But if we lose tonight, it's so very easy for me to see that being taken as a sign that this team as currently constituted is probably regarded as not on the upward trajectory the front office had hoped, and that there's going to be every chance given to a major move of some kind, KD or no KD.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update from sources:

Something apparently is going to go down because they have went quiet in a sense other than to say something like (I'm not going to quote this exactly) "unless the other side changes their mind we have a deal coming". 

I asked is this a major or minor deal and was told the minor is probably going to happen but the hope is the major deal is agreed to. 

I can't give more details than that. 

What did I just say...It's too quiet! LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update from sources:

Something apparently is going to go down because they have went quiet in a sense other than to say something like (I'm not going to quote this exactly) "unless the other side changes their mind we have a deal coming". 

I asked is this a major or minor deal and was told the minor is probably going to happen but the hope is the major deal is agreed to. 

Awwwwww shit! I’m preparing for Ben Simmons news.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We are currently under the tax by $1.2 million.

I know we are but they are still wanting to shed salary because they're not winning. Sad imo.  I used to be a absolute die hard but this franchise just flat sucks.  

Edited by Vol4ever
Sp

17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update from sources:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1