• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Meanwhile the other 7 players on the court are wondering why they're still passing it between them since the 24sec clock expired like 8 passes ago. 

They're stuck in a time loop until Simmons reaches enlightenment and is able to play basketball again, though once they get out, universe might be gone x.x

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, ryandauwalker said:

Sothron - based on your knowledge of the minor and major deals out there, can you say whether you view them as wins? Hopefully that isn’t too much to spoil it.

I'd hope any potential trade the Hawks engage in would be from a winning standpoint. Would suck to just lose players cause of lux tax concerns 😕 rip kevin

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Just imagine the passing, burd.  Murray will hit Trae on the perimeter.  Trae will hit Simmons under the basket.  Simmons will hit Murray in the corner.  Murray will hit Simmons still under the basket.  Then Simmons hits Trae at half court.  Then he'll skip-pass it back to Simmons un-der the basket!  Then....

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, akay said:

I'd hope any potential trade the Hawks engage in would be from a winning standpoint. Would suck to just lose players cause of lux tax concerns 😕 rip kevin

Of course, that is the hope. But that is not always the case! Just trying to prepare myself… should I be excited or nervous or both?

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My guess and this is just a guess is that the minor trade is for Thybulle and it would probably be Holliday and a second rounder for him. major deal if it were to happen could be anything from Ayton to KD

I got a bad feeling it is going to be Ben as the major trade.  Feel it in my bones

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Question for anyone who thinks we're trading for Ben Simmons -

Have you watched his tape SINCE we broke him in the playoffs?

And if you have, exactly what has he shown you that justifies paying him 30% of our cap?

So let me speak to this since I probably sound like the one squawker who wants Simmons (I don’t by the way. I’m only for it if it comes with Ayton) ….back to your question regarding Simmons play…at one point in the early half of the season when the Nets first started truly rolling Ben was playing great in terms of playmaking and defense. And it’s still continued honestly. Ben isn’t getting enough props for the improved defense in Brooklyn (outside of Nic Claxton) because so many pay attention to the fact that he doesn’t even attempt to shoot the ball.

so the good is that it doesn’t matter if people like Ben or not he’s still a good defender and playmaker but only a really bad contract. 

now one thing that is obvious he has no effort to make shots. He went from 16pts per game to basically nothing. That’s the biggest issue for me, it’s not even his mental mindset it’s the fact that he can’t be what he once was which was 16/8/8….if Ben ever returns to 16/8/8 along with elite defense then that team is going have an all star player and it’s not impossible for him to return as that guy.

51 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I got a bad feeling it is going to be Ben as the major trade.  Feel it in my bones

LOL me too in hoping he’s not the major trade. I’m hoping if Simmons is involved it’s only because he has to be to make some kind of 3 team trade work and our major piece (Ayton) is within that trade too.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

My guess and this is just a guess is that the minor trade is for Thybulle and it would probably be Holliday and a second rounder for him. major deal if it were to happen could be anything from Ayton to KD

Sure would be great if we could get Ayton! At least in my opinion.

• Like 1