• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Detroit Pistons.... I think...  We traded Rasheed Wallace for Smoove.   That team was very balanced but Rasheed made them a Champion. 

Yes this.....The price tag for Wallace: backup guards Lindsey Hunter, Chucky Atkins and Bob Sura; little-used backup big man Zeljko Rebraca and two future No. 1 picks.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, sturt said:

Knock yourselves out, indeed.... hehe....

Kuz ain't going nowhere. That's throwing your money away. Bogi might get moved for Pat Bev and free up cap space for the Hawks. Not sure why LA would do it but with no real options in FA, maybe they will.

JC best bet is Brooklyn. 

Other than GS, I would say that's correct for KD. Boston and Atlanta can obviously do a deal but will they is unlikely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Heck no. Not even lose him for that matter! :sarcastic:

Seriously though, why on earth would you trade a prospect like AJ for a drama queen in KD who is risky and is well… KD and does KD things.

I’ll say this one thing. To me, KD and sCurry killed basketball. That’s all. sCurry has lil kids launching 42 footers who can’t even hit from 2, and the dramatic side, KD, oh and KYME, these 3.

This is false.

What Curry did, is take the game back away from the freak athletes who could put up highlight dunks, but couldn't shoot.  The guards who can make long 3s, become highly valued, since 3 is better than 2.

The problem with the Curry era aren't the guards launching 30 footers.  It's the bigs who can't shoot, who also don't work in the paint.  That's the issue with modern basketball.  We're turning bigs into strictly jumpshooters, instead of dominant guys that kill people in the post.

As for KD and his attitude, we've always had that in the league.  The players in the past just didn't have the power to demand trades at the drop of a dime, and expect that to happen immediately.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kuz ain't going nowhere. That's throwing your money away. Bogi might get moved for Pat Bev and free up cap space for the Hawks. Not sure why LA would do it but with no real options in FA, maybe they will.

JC best bet is Brooklyn. 

Other than GS, I would say that's correct for KD. Boston and Atlanta can obviously do a deal but will they is unlikely. 

Pat Bev geez.. Whatever it takes to get off Bogi salary next year I guess but damn..... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Collins in Portland would be a very good look for him.  Not sure who we would take back though.

If it's a straight up Jeremi Grant for Collins swap, I'd probably do that.

That would be such a waste for Portland unless they feel Grant isn't coming back

• Like 2

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Collins in Portland would be a very good look for him.  Not sure who we would take back though.

Grant is an UFA in the off season and already turned down a 4 year contract extension for $28 million per.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bogi might get moved for Pat Bev and free up cap space for the Hawks. Not sure why LA would do it but with no real options in FA, maybe they will.

Can we get one of any of these along with Beverly?  Juan Tuscano-Anderson, Austin Reaves or Max Christie.   Then we re-route Beverly to Minny, saw somewhere he would love to go back there.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JC best bet is Brooklyn. 

Thing is... all the betting lines are, of course, mainly a reflection of public perceptions... there's no actual insider insight into any of that. But it does suggest, nonetheless, what conventional wisdom would be.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JC best bet is Brooklyn. 

I would love to bring Beverly in while increasing AJ’s role. 

beverly has the kind of attitude we are missing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

As Milwaukee Bucks win NBA trophy which other sports trophies did Tiffany &  Co create?

KD puts us into championship contention with a strong chance to win it  IMHO.

But 

Everybody has to be healthy. 

Here's what I believe.  AJ will be a star.   Maybe a superstar in this league.  BKLN knows this too.   The question is:

1.  Do you believe that trading for KD gives us a chip?

We play for the chip.   Not to develop players.  Our franchise has never won the chip.   If this move got us a chip, it would be worth it. 

He does but what % would you put on it. 15%. With our luck as a franchise, 10%.

45 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is false.

What Curry did, is take the game back away from the freak athletes who could put up highlight dunks, but couldn't shoot.  The guards who can make long 3s, become highly valued, since 3 is better than 2.

The problem with the Curry era aren't the guards launching 30 footers.  It's the bigs who can't shoot, who also don't work in the paint.  That's the issue with modern basketball.  We're turning bigs into strictly jumpshooters, instead of dominant guys that kill people in the post.

As for KD and his attitude, we've always had that in the league.  The players in the past just didn't have the power to demand trades at the drop of a dime, and expect that to happen immediately.

Agree to disagree. There are guards that shouldn’t be shooting 30 footers, only some have that gift.

49 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ya I’d do this.

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Grant is an UFA in the off season and already turned down a 4 year contract extension for $28 million per.

Ok I wouldn’t lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3