• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate McMillan Fired

theheroatl

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He wanted out!

....why would players play hard for this when he's not even putting in an effort!

And why would he "want out"so bad?  He didnt even want to finish the season..

25 minutes ago, Watchman said:

No confirmation that they are interested, especially if Trae is not interested in motion offense coaches, which several folks on here have indicated.

I’m not sure what folks you are referring to but if you are referring to our insiders this isn’t exactly true. 

@NBASupes states Trae isn’t interested in a motion offense simply because we haven’t seen Trae do any off ball movement. I don’t think Supes ever stated that his source said trae isn’t interested in a motion offense.

@Sothron on the other hand has told us several times that his source said that Trae actually wants to play in a motion offense even if that’s hard to believe based on what we’ve seen from Trae his first 5 seasons.

I personally just want the best fitting offense around Trae and coach smart enough to understand what’s needed. I could care less if Trae moves off ball at this point …I’m much more concerned about everyone else moving off ball around Trae.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

One of the greatest, and most innovative offensive minds of his generation. A creativity, and flare for in-game adjustments and subtle nuance that has no peer in the coaching world. 

I missed this earlier. Good job 😆 🤣 

3 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Oh my Gosh, Terrell is at it again

But in reality, I think this have to happened and starting their coaching search early is good as well.  

At what?

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's hilarious how people (here and abroad) are using this to impeach Trae.

But, if you ask them if they want Nate or Lloyd coaching their team ...... crickets. 

Whos impeaching Trae? All I see is fans being happy Nate is gone.... lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, sturt said:

I will be surprised if a permanent coach isn't hired within the week.

I would be surprised if we did and it not occur in the offseason. New coach will want his own staff etc. What if it's a guy on another team.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Because they come from the Coach Bud (Popovich motion offense) tree, and are not "heliocentric" one on one oriented.  Since Trae prefers one on one, he might not be interested in alternative philosophies.

Again… @Sothron source said that Trae is open to a motion offense. Soth has said this several times . I say as fans we just hold Trae to it!

even Traes dad was talking about how Trae use to play SG in high school and played off ball a few months ago. So again let’s hold Trae to it. I trust Soths source.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

It's hilarious how people (here and abroad) are using this to impeach Trae.

But, if you ask them if they want Nate or Lloyd coaching their team ...... crickets. 

If it was up to me we'd still have Bud.   I would not want Lloyd or Nate.  Bud moved on because he didn't want to tank.  I don't blame him.  Supposedly Trae was looking forward to playing off the ball when we got Murray.  That didn't even last half a season.  Trae is a very good talent, but he views himself as All Universe.  He isn't a Jordan, LeBron or Kobe though.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would be surprised if we did and it not occur in the offseason. New coach will want his own staff etc. What if it's a guy on another team.

The foil in that is that they made a win-now decision last summer, and they're feeling very much on the clock, imo. Adding to my inclination is the fact that it was said that Fields has begun the search for a permanent replacement as-of immediately. If you're going to let Prunty finish out the year, that's not the kind of thing you put out there ordinarily.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JTB said:

I personally just want the best fitting offense around Trae and coach smart enough to understand what’s needed. I could care less if Trae moves off ball at this point …I’m much more concerned about everyone else moving off ball around Trae.

:good:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Noooooooo...... 

And hey, where @Sothron been at?  Anybody seen him and Nate in the same room before?  

What's funny is that after all the tradeline deals I said screw it I can't make all these trades in my modern My Era in 2k and just restarted with the new roster after the deadline. I looked at Nate and fired him for the random grown up Bobby Hill from King of the Hill fake coach in 2k that has all the great ratings and hired him instead. Little did I know....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

The foil in that is that they made a win-now decision last summer, and they're feeling very much on the clock, imo. Adding to my inclination is the fact that it was said that Fields has begun the search for a permanent replacement as-of immediately. If you're going to let Prunty finish out the year, that's not the kind of thing you put out there ordinarily.

We shall see. 

I say we won't name a full time coach until after the season.  I'm available for an avatar bet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:good:

I hear you.  I'm gonna say this, then I'm gonna try to shut up.  Other guys moving off ball around Trae is meaningless.  Hence, people like Collins get 4 to 6 shots in a game on a regular basis.  "Go stand in the corner, and if I absolutely have to, I might throw a pass to you" does not build team comradery.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We shall see. 

I say we won't name a full time coach until after the season.  I'm available for an avatar bet.

I'm game.

But you might wanna know...

If I'm looking at it right on basketball-ref... ALL of Quinn Synder's assistants apparently are available if Quinn calls to get the band back together. 😉

EDIT: The previous sentence is inaccurate... and indeed, i was not looking at it right... most of those guys stuck with Utah, except for Legarza who now coaches for Bud in MIL. The only ones out of coaching right now are Dell Dems and Sergi Olivia.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm game.

But you might wanna know...

If I'm looking at it right on basketball-ref... ALL of Quinn Synder's assistants apparently are available if Quinn calls to get the band back together. 😉

@AHF avatar bet incoming.

Hawks hire a new coach before the season ends Stu wins.

Hawks hire a new coach after the season ends - Jay wins. 

• Like 2