• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate McMillan Fired

theheroatl

Sad to see Nate go but watching this team on offense was like watching wet paint dry. My top 3 candidates are:

1.) Ime Udoka

2.) Jeff Van Gundy

3.) Mark D'Antonio

This is the perfect excuse for Trae to want out. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

if we finish the year 5 games over .500 and go 7 games in the first round then I"ll consider it a success at this point.   Sad i know. 

It is sad, but that really is the best case scenario. Just make the Play-in/Playoffs, don't go out with a whimper like they did against Miami, and start with a fresh coaching staff next season.

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't want none of his coaches on staff to be the HC

So does his son stay on Prunty's staff? 

Or was this a Family firing? lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We won't hire a permanent coach mid season for several reasons .1. If they are interested in a person on a another team,  and 2. they need to not rush it. 3. A new coach would want to start mid season.

I agree it doesn't seem likely to hire a coach midseason. I'm just confused about announcing a list of possible coaches already. Woj is saying they are starting the search immediately. So why wait almost a full week before going through with the firing? 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, LucastheThird said:

I agree it doesn't seem likely to hire a coach midseason. I'm just confused about announcing a list of possible coaches already. Woj is saying they are starting the search immediately. So why wait almost a full week before going through with the firing? 

I said previously,  if they were to let him go it would happen after the Allstar weekend to not giving a talking point during the festivities.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Coach killa!

If Hawks have such a potent coach killer on their team, why would established and sought-after head coaching candidates even be willing to interview for our team?

• Like 1