• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in talks with Snyder

Spud2nique

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not ignoring.  How many times have I said Trae has to take ownership for his role in it.  Sometimes it takes awhile for these players to grow into a leadership role.  Some are born with it some have to learn it.  Being the best talent does not always translate to best leader.

I have said if you want him to really defer give him someone that is at least equal or better than him in the skill department.  Wether he is 1, 2 or 3 - this team needs more talent or needs someone to unlock the talent already on the roster.

I just put more of this on the 'adults' in the room to help him get there. I said before Trae still needs development.

...and Pierce was a real piece of work.

We all know that, getting him that #1 option isn't easy. It takes another team to make that deal and be willing to do a deal

• Like 4

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

But let's be honest he's making these comments based on his experience with Trae in Trae's rookie season where he was a highly touted prospect, 20 years old, already under the microscope from a controversial trade.   How many guys like that won't struggle with leadership?

Parsons was there in VC last year. That was year 3 for Trae. That wasn't his rookie year and honestly, Trae seemed to regress as a leader since even that season. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Who is stating that Pierce was a genius? No one has offered him another head coaching job so clearly that's not the sentiment of the league. And actually Parsons is saying some of the same things the local media "traeters" are saying. That Trae struggles with leadership and he is best off as the second or third guy, that's literally what he just said in the interview. 

He's highly valued within coaching circles in the NBA even if the Squawk hates him

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's highly valued within coaching circles in the NBA even if the Squawk hates him

However true that is, his soft skills were /are not relatable to being head coach? He wasn't good from my non professional coaching view.  I could care less how the other coaches view him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, deester11 said:

However true that is, his soft skills were /are not relatable to being head coach? He wasn't good from my non professional coaching view.  I could care less how the other coaches view him.

Well, if you can care less how other coaches view him, why ask how is he highly regarded. Many will tell you why? 

As they put it, they loved his innovative abilities, his ability to connect with his staff, his style of play he had his team's doing, and to them, he was charismatic.  

He didn't translate that over to the players and ultimately why he's an assistant right now but I wouldn't be shocked if he joined as a HC to an up and coming team. He has a lot of quality coaches in his corner for referrals. 

48 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

People seem to be ignoring some of the things Parsons said about Trae. That he struggles with leadership and he is better off being the second or third guy. 

Man, somebody cliff notes this thang.  I don't wanna give clicks.  Whats wrong with me? 🙁

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Till Trae, I didn't know real Hawk fans exist outside of games I attended at Phillips

100%. The only time I met any Hawks fans was when I lived IN Atlanta. The second you go outside the perimeter....they all disappear lol. 

I wear a black Hawks polo a decent amount of the time. Every time I meet a new group of people for something someone always asks, "Wait, you're like, an actual Hawks fan?". 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think he's valued within coaching circles, which is why his name rose to the top of Schlenk's list in the first place. He didn't lose that intelligence in ATL, he built on that some first-hand experience of what it is to be "the" guy, and what it is to be charged with a roster full of developmental players. First season that he's part of a team that exceeds expectations, I'm confident he's going to be on the interview circuit.

That said. "Highly valued?"

Seemed to enjoy a popularity surge relevant to his public statements and activities relevant to the George Floyd episode. I feel he gets some extra gold stars on his chart from some for having the right politics off the court. Just sayin.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Hope we can get this deal done today. I'll be at the Farm on Sunday and would love for that to be Quin's 1st game.

I think if it happens - his first game coaching will be next Friday. We play tonight, Sunday and next Tuesday....then we don't plays until Friday, that will give him 2 days.

• Like 3