• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

@TheNorthCydeRises ah dont get all bent and out of shape on this loss. This team is not going to the finals this year. We know they're not good enough right now. The ring is the only thing that matters, lets not celebrate getting the #5th or 6th seed. 

Yeah this is a who's gonna stay and whos gonna go year to me now..

Nothing more, nothing less..

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Washington commentators were saying the obvious…….Trae was trying to do it all by himself.

If he's gonna do this on the 1st day of Quin regime, he aint changing..... Sorry..

That's Quin's job to coach it out of him.

Quin pays attention to detail.  So you better believe that the film study on this game will be a teaching moment for Trae.  Let's see if Quin can get some of that out of him.  You don't want to take all of his aggressiveness away from him, but he has to play smarter . . and trust some of his teammates more.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am gonna need Trae to really lock in in decision making. Between that useless foul before halftime which got Delon 3 FTs to those constant 1 on 5 drives like he's LeBron which all got blocked, he has to be much smarter with his decisions in clutch situations. 

Yep. JC good as gone

Is he the only one? I hope not..

Just now, StonedDogs said:

@NBASupes these fans dont see the small things that could be cleaned up and the Hawks will eventually be fine. You nailed it...

Trae and Murray played like crap on top of Beal having his best game of the season. I'll go over with Trae and Murray against Beal in a 7 game series 

Keep in mind the Wiz were without their leading scorer (and best player).

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, terrell said:

Too damn small andthink he's 6'6 smh

Well, if you were watching, you would have seen that none of the shots were really ill advised.  He just didn't get the call on one and two good defensive plays.   But if you're not watching...  hmm...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Or, hear me out, pass.  ISO ball doesnt mean you have to shoot… 

This is what gets me Trae is a ELITEEEEEEEEEEEE level passer even better than shooter.   His drives will pull everyone to him 100% guaranteed at this point.  Their is no chance someone else isn't open on his drives with the gravitational pull he has on other players toward him lol.   if his favorite player in Nash and thats who he models his game after then by god act like it.  Use your best attribute to help win games because to me their isn't but maybe 1 or 2 guys in the game as good of a passer as he is.

Edited by Threezus
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's Quin's job to coach it out of him.

Quin pays attention to detail.  So you better believe that the film study on this game will be a teaching moment for Trae.  Let's see if Quin can get some of that out of him.  You don't want to take all of his aggressiveness away from him, but he has to play smarter . . and trust some of his teammates more.

Yeah.. I saw what he was trying to do and they gave him the lane but nobody went with him either.   That's where I was disappointed.    It should be a play call. 

Five moves this offseason 

1. Trade Murray/Bogi for KAT 

2. Give JC away to Utah for free

3. Trade Capela for Tim Hardaway Jr. 

4. Sign Gary Trent Jr. 

5. Sign a backup PG like Reggie Jackson or keep A. Holiday.

6. Draft a center if one is available that's good. 

Trae/Backup PG

Trent Jr/Hardaway Jr./Griffin

Hunter/Griffin/Matthews

Okongwu/Bey

KAT/Bruno

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't know guys...y'all just see something I just don't see.  Maybe Young will be smarter in the future but right now, I just don't see it.

Trae is who he is.. Just like Dre, JC,(0 assists between those 2) etc.............................

Everybody knows this.. Or they should by now...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

@NBASupes these fans dont see the small things that could be cleaned up and the Hawks will eventually be fine. You nailed it...

Trae and Murray played like crap on top of Beal having his best game of the season. I'll go over with Trae and Murray against Beal in a 7 game series 

Washington is not a good team so we should win the series again them but we couldn't close. We gotta figure out how to become a winner

@Packfill players missing/injured is part of the game. You play whats in front of you. These are all professionals who are lightyears greater than the local guys at lifetime fitness and much better than 99% of college hoopers and gleague lifers. 

The wiz aren't winning a ring this year either with or without Porzingis 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

4. Sign Gary Trent Jr. 

Trae/Backup PG

Hunter/Griffin/Matthews

Okongwu/Bey

KAT/Bruno

I think that team would be worse then this seasons team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, StonedDogs said:

@Packfill players missing/injured is part of the game. You play whats in front of you. These are all professionals who are lightyears greater than the local guys at lifetime fitness and much better than 99% of college hoopers and gleague lifers. 

The wiz aren't winning a ring this year either with or without Porzingis 

I get it.  Wiz are not good and I was just highlighting that we lost to what should be a lottery team without its best player.

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

4. Sign Gary Trent Jr. 

Trae/Backup PG

Hunter/Griffin/Matthews

Okongwu/Bey

KAT/Bruno

So hardaway is pretty much their JC for you to all their fans lol.   They were even asking teams to take him for free or them giving up a 2nd round pick to give him to them.  You can get MUCH BETTER than hardaway with Capela my friend.   You could probably get Hardaway + a top 10 protected 1st for capela.    I would say top 14 protected for Capela by himself and take it to a top 10 to take hardaway for them 😄

• Premium Member

Again...It ain't the Coach, the bench or the other starters.  The reality should be clearer now.  It was on full display tonight...You see the same sh-t over and over but there is an ability of people watching the game to blame shift.  1-7 from the field with a crucial pick 6 in the 4th.  One guy did that and it wasn't Snyder or someone else on the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Packfill said:

I think that team would be worse then this seasons team.

Superior offensive team with no positional flaws. Everyone knows that shit runs around Trae and the PnR as well as KATs scoring prowess.  

Defensively, I like the idea of size around Trae. Trent and Hardaway have good size for 2s. Griffin might not be ready next year so use him as a backup 3 like we are doing now. Bey and JJ as the backup 4. Bruno and whoever we draft at 5. 

We should be like Sacramento. An elite offensive team but we got some defensive guys where we could finish around 15 on D and 1st on O.