• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

On 3/4/2023 at 9:26 PM, Diesel said:

Yep... that was a big loss.   I think Snyder has a lot of instruction that he can give.  Miami had also peeped Snyder out too.   Spo had them ready. 

Our first half shooting woes was too high of a hill to climb.

I was not overly impressed by Miami's offense.   They did just enough and then their PNR game was working at the end but up until that.. there was nothing to write home about.  

Our offense struggled.   When Trae and DJ don't score, we will struggle. 

We will see what Snyder can do on Monday. 

It's only a big loss if we lose both games. Review the film, try to duplicate more of what we did in the 2nd half, and get the W tomorrow night.

At minimum we need to split these road games @ MIA and WAS, and try to make our move with all of the home games in March.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 9:48 PM, NBASupes said:

Trae is not our best player. Murray is. Trae is our most talented and he's the face of the franchise. We can win with him but NOT as the #1 option on offense. We don't have a #1 option. 

Murray is our best 1 on 1 scorer. His flaw is that he relies on the midrange jumper a little too much and gets tunnel vision like Trae.

At that point,, both need to learn how to make adjustments when they prevent those two from getting into the lane.

Trae's passing, specifically the 3 point assists that he can generate, makes his value higher than Murray's at this time. It wouldn't shock me if Trae leads the league in 3 pt assists.

Defensively, Murray generates more defensive stats, but he doesn't stop people at the 1 or the 2. Iverson led the league in steals, but no one feared Iverson on the defensive end.

I still think the two can work and win at a high level, but Trae will have to be the one to trust his team more, instead of feeling that it's all on his shoulders at the end of games.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AHF said:

Both had brutally bad games.  JC’s brutally bad game means he completely disappears.  Trae is good enough to have brutal games with 10 assist and 5 steals.

I just got my power back on an hour ago, and haven't had a chance to watch our offensive possessions. Very interested to see if a lot of our issues were self induced or if Miami just frustrated our guards beyond belief.

16 hours ago, kg01 said:

Explain to me why folks are so keen on getting rid of Trae but Murray's shat don't stank?

Familiarity bred contempt, clearly, imho. 

I dont want to get rid of either.  Just asking. 

Murray ain't been here long enough to develop as high a level of stankousness yet.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Despite the horrible game from Trae, he was only ( -1 ) on the floor.  Murray was ( -17 ).

The biggest difference is while Trae and Murray were subpar with the starters, Trae had a good stint with the 2nd unit at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Something has to give with Miami though.  Hawks are 3 - 9 vs the Heat since the 2021 - 22 season ( including the playoff series ).  They have our number right now.

I'm definitely looking forward to tonight.  Murray was brought in for this very reason, to help against Miami.  Quin was also brought in for this very reason, to provide stability and to make adjustments vs a team like this.

Let's see what these guys do tonight.  I expect better play out of our starters.  Let's hope the bench continues their good play on the court.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm gonna need Trae to learn to set a 'Stockton Style' screen. Dig them ribs. Good play.

Yeah first play of the game.  Such a Bud style setup there.  Didn't see it used a whole lot the rest of the way though.  Seems like they tried a few times but it fell back into our nate style.  It's still early.

• Like 2