• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quin Snyder - Additions/now CHANGES to the Coaching Staff

JayBirdHawk

25 minutes ago, warcore said:

I was just gonna say it seems like he's the only non-Trae Hawk I'm getting untouchable vibes from. 

The ease with which he negotiated his deal gave me those vibes.  Contrast that with FVV and TOR. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Anybody that thinks Bogd isn't gonna be here should think again probably. 

It seems like the metrics really like Bogi, too.  @shakes can bless him up for defense, but we usually score more than the other team when he's on the court.  Look at the numbers when he plays with Saddiq or AJ, it's close to Jokic +/- impact.  

• Like 2

Staff is official: Bryan Bailey, Mike Brey, Brittni Donaldson, Steve Klei, Igor Kokoskov, Antonio Lang, Sanjay Lumpkin, Ekpe Udoh, and Jeff Watkinson are assistant coaches.  Reggis Onwukamuche as a player development coach and Bryan George as video coordinator/player development.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

“We have assembled a coaching staff that brings together a diversity of experiences and expertise to develop, connect with and challenge our players,” Snyder said. “Each of our coaches bring something unique to our group and I am excited to work with this staff and find ways to continually improve our team.”

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Staff is official: Bryan Bailey, Mike Brey, Brittni Donaldson, Steve Klei, Igor Kokoskov, Antonio Lang, Sanjay Lumpkin, Ekpe Udoh, and Jeff Watkinson are assistant coaches.  Reggis Onwukamuche as a player development coach and Bryan George as video coordinator/player development.  

With pictures...

(click on "read 6 replies")

Is this the largest assistant coach staff ever on the ATL payroll?

I

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

With pictures...

Is this the largest assistant coach staff ever on the ATL payroll?

I

Not sure, but we will have a lot of coaches who are directly involved in player development, which is something that has been lacking in Atlanta since around 2018 or so.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

This list reads like a who's who of assistant coaches!!  

🧑‍🔧

Um. I'm confused, Gray. Other than Igor who once had a cup of coffee in PHX, and Mike Brey for those of us who pay some attention to college basketball.... who else would you say you'd heard of prior to their hire? Well, maybe Lang and maybe Udoh, but speaking for me, I only know their names because I know they played the game.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Um. I'm confused, Gray. Other than Igor who once had a cup of coffee in PHX, and Mike Brey for those of us who pay some attention to college basketball.... who else would you say you'd heard of prior to their hire? Well, maybe Lang and maybe Udoh, but speaking for me, I only know their names because I know they played the game.

I don't know their names.  I just read each new coach's coaching experience.  Sounded good to me.  They may not be able to get the job done but they all do seem to have quiet a bit of experiece and, you know, experience is the best teacher.  I hope I read all this correctly.

:smug:

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

The big question now is, did Quin select any coaches good enough to take over if he gets fired, or did he select a collection of less-thans for greater job security. 
That’s how it works, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

The big question now is, did Quin select any coaches good enough to take over if he gets fired, or did he select a collection of less-thans for greater job security. 
That’s how it works, right?

He's not called Angel Quin for nuttin.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, KB21 said:

Wow. Completely new staff. Very diverse. I can sense a lot of new energy and excitement is coming to the team. Everyone will have to show and prove. 

• Thanks 1