• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- The Home Finale!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

This week in 1985. Not sure this happens without a newly minted Slam Dunk Contest winner mere weeks before.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/04/12/Turner-announces-Omni-deal/1848482130000/

'TBS and the city of Atlanta both have grown tremendously over the past decade, and it is only fitting that we move into the feature hand in hand,' said Turner in a prepared statement.

"THIS WAS CNN."

https://saportareport.com/goodbye-cnn-center/columnists/guestcolumn/derek/

~lw3

• Like 4

• Moderators

The Sixers' Boo-Boo Report submittal isn't due until 12:30 PM Eastern, so we'll have to see what they have in mind. The Blue Coats of Delaware just won the G-League Finals last night, so I'm not sure Mac McLung and Jaden Springer Career Night is in the works. We do know at least one guy won't be out here hunting for the Michael Jordan Trophy.

De'Andre Hunter (bruised knee bone/muscle strain) remains Questionable pregame, which is more encouraging than being already Out.

~lw3

• Like 3

Excellent memories of the Omni/CNN Center.  I moved to Atlanta in the fall of 1977 and the structure was still in its "marvel" phase of excitement.  I remember when the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame asked Ted Turner to house their new museum in the Omni.  He declined because he felt it might detract from his near religious zeal over "Gone with the Wind" which, at the time, ran non-stop, 24/7 at the theater in the Omni.  Bad move, says Cleveland, as it stole the museum and it's now iconic status.

Let's keep the momentum going tonight.  Finish the season strong (or not, and get a better draft choice... decisions, decisions)!

Crazy FANDUEL bet of the night

• Murray 8+ assists
  • Bey 3+ made 3s
  • Collins 3+ made 3s

$20 to win $2,054

In hindsight, I should've reduced the made 3s for Collins to 2.

Good start for Collins though.  I just need Murray to pick up his assists when playing with the bench, preferably with them going to Bey for some 3s.