• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are going to have another shot to get Ayton!

JTB

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why the fascination with guys like Ben Simmons, Kyrie, Kat, Paul George, and now Ayton again.  I just don't get it.

I think people believe we don’t have the talent to get where we want to go with our current roster and are looking for guys with the potential to raise our ceiling.  That list is basically 4 #1 overall picks and 4 guys who have been All-NBA.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think people believe we don’t have the talent to get where we want to go with our current roster and are looking for guys with the potential to raise our ceiling.  That list is basically 4 #1 overall picks and 4 guys who have been All-NBA.

And to add to this, all buy low options that could potentially be had. 
They are all players with high upside that have the potential to be unlocked and won’t cost the farm as other top options that aren’t even available would cost. 
high risk, high reward. 

32 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why the fascination with guys like Ben Simmons, Kyrie, Kat, Paul George, and now Ayton again.  I just don't get it.

Opps, I forgot Johnathan Issac...Sorry Diesel

No bigger tease of a player than this guy.  I'll believe he'll reach his potential after he's retired and we've seen it happen.  Not a second before.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think people believe we don’t have the talent to get where we want to go with our current roster and are looking for guys with the potential to raise our ceiling.

Yes.

Which is what prompted this to get written yesterday...

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, theheroatl said:

OO definitely should start though so there is a lot to work through this off-season. I think if we had a 3 point shooting 5 then that opens a whole lot of doors.

You don't get it.  If we bring in Ayton, OO goes to the bench.   You don't bring in a near max Center to bring him off the bench.   You think he's a malcontent now...

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

You don't get it.  If we bring in Ayton, OO goes to the bench.   You don't bring in a near max Center to bring him off the bench.   You think he's a malcontent now...

OO would play the 4 if we got Ayton. Ayton gives us enough space to keep OO on the floor with starting lineup.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

OO would play the 4 if we got Ayton. Ayton gives us enough space to keep OO on the floor with starting lineup.

OO is not a 4.   Not only does he not shoot enough 3 pters to be a 4... He loses his speed advantage on defense trying to play 4.   We play Boston and he's matched up with Tatum...  BBQ'd Chicken.   It's a bad idea that keeps getting propagated here.

Why would we get Ayton when we have two centers on this roster that are better than him right now? We played against the Suns at home and Ayton grabbed only TWO REBOUNDS in 33 minutes. That’s pathetic. He’s tall for nothing. He won’t be a good anchor for our defense and probably will make our team worse with how lazy he would be.

let’s develop Onyeka or keep Capela and keep our best center duo in the league intact. 

btw this obsession with getting all these players that have shown nothing for their franchises like Jonathan Issac, Ben Simmons, KAT is getting out of hand. They won’t make our team better. We need better role players on this team. We saw how connected this team can be in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 4/30/2023 at 3:34 AM, JTB said:

Personally I respect Ayton cause he kept it real publicly last offseason and as recent as this year regarding his offensive role. He wants to be involved heavily offensively and he keeps saying this. The big man wants the rock simple as that and then he’s a guarantee to be LOCKED in offensively and defensively.

This bothers me and I have ZERO RESPECT for this mindset!  For him to be locked in defensively he has to get his touches? So  because he isn't he is not putting forth his best effort on defense and not doing what's best for the TEAM.

I prefer if he "outperforms the role he is assigned." Do what is necessary for the team to WIN first, the rest will see for itself.

I would feel differently if he was 'All In' but complaining about touches...this isn't it. I'd pass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This bothers me and I have ZERO RESPECT for this mindset!  For him to be locked in defensively he has to get his touches? So  because he isn't he is not putting forth his best effort on defense and not doing what's best for the TEAM.

I prefer if he "outperforms the role he is assigned." Do what is necessary for the team to WIN first, the rest will see for itself.

I would feel differently if he was 'All In' but complaining about touches...this isn't it. I'd pass.

If Trae was in this situation would you feel the same way? 

apparently we have posters that believe Trae is the reason they haven’t leaped offensively. Not saying you’re one of them but I don’t see a problem with the mindset if it’s a need.

Today they’ve added CP3 & Durant so sure it’s not a respectful comment now that KD is on the team but before those two he should have already been featured more offensively.

what’s wrong with a player wanting to be utilized to his full abilities ? ….we aren’t in the same era of “shut up and play”…folks mind as well get use to the new generation.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, JTB said:

what’s wrong with a player wanting to be utilized to his full abilities

I have no issue with that....I have an issue with him tanking the rest of his game not given effort at the expense of the team winning. It's an issue too often.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have no issue with that....I have an issue with him tanking the rest of his game not given effort at the expense of the team winning. It's an issue too often.

There are so many players throughout this new nba era that does that including our very own Trae.

the difference with Ayton….(to my own personal belief)….is that all he’s looking for is a lot more involvement offensively and he’s happy. He don’t want to be a 4th option. Nothing wrong with that.

Suns only managed to score 87 points last night. Maybe they should be involving the young 24 year old center more often who went 7-10….just sayin but nope KD launches 27 shots while Booker launches away 29….yet they actually have a good young offensive center who even Jokic says is one of th few players that give him fits.

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, JTB said:

There are so many players throughout this new nba era that does that including our very own Trae.

the difference with Ayton….(to my own personal belief)….is that all he’s looking for is a lot more involvement offensively and he’s happy. He don’t want to be a 4th option. Nothing wrong with that.

Suns only managed to score 87 points last night. Maybe they should be involving the young 24 year old center more often who went 7-10….just sayin but nope KD launches 27 shots while Booker launches away 29….yet they actually have a good young offensive center who even Jokic says is one of th few players that give him fits.

He was unhappy being the third option when they didn't have KD.

What makes you think he'd be happy here?

He's not going to be the first option.   Prolly not the second option either. 

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, JTB said:

Last time saying this:  I have no issue with him wanting more touches, I take issue with him pouting and not playing defense because he isn't getting touches. And it's a continuous issue with him.

• Like 3