• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are going to have another shot to get Ayton!

JTB

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We talked about this as nauseum last year...a SnT was more difficult because of Ayton's BYC as a RFA. Suns couldn't take back Capela without sending out more salary like Shamet while the Hawks had to take back Aytons new salary which would still have the Hawks dumping salary to take back Aytons $30 mil.

I recall somewhat. Wasn’t  crowder for JC a throw in to make the trade work when it was discussed last off season?

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JTB said:

what you don’t like and @JayBirdHawk doesn’t like is the fact that he just kept it real publicly on what’s bothering him. TRUST…he ain’t the only one that feels that way about wanting touches offensively

Sigh!!!

Again, I take no issue with him saying he wants touches publicly....it's the areas of his games that he has let affect his displeasure because he hasn't gotten the touches. 

You were the one that intimated that he would be locked on defense if he got more touches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sigh!!!

Again, I take no issue with him saying he wants touches publicly....it's the areas of his games that he has let affect his displeasure because he hasn't gotten the touches. 

You were the one that intimated that he would be locked on defense if he got more touches.

I’m just stating what is likely true but it’s not like he hasn’t played a very good season before on both ends with nearly the same amount of touches he’s getting now. Year of their finals run (2 seasons ago)…he had a very good overall season and did his part. They don’t make it without him.

Looking pass him and judging a well known unhappy player today isn’t really fair.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m just stating what is likely true but it’s not like he hasn’t played a very good season before on both ends with nearly the same amount of touches he’s getting now. Year of their finals run (2 seasons ago)…he had a very good overall season and did his part. They don’t make it without him.

Looking pass him and judging a well known unhappy player today isn’t really fair.

There are things I like and don't like about players....I'm allowed.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 5/3/2023 at 5:13 PM, JTB said:

Because you among others in this thread are judging his character by what he said publicly and by what some scouts said about him.

it’s literally the same exact thing people do to Trae but because we are hawk fans and watch literally his every game , we can dispel the BS.

Ayton not lazy he just don’t like the Looney, Capela role. He feel his talent is better than that and I highly agree. 

🤣

To quote the great movie the Fugitive:

"Would you like to amend your statement?"

"Huh?"

"Would you like to change your bullshit story?"

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1654220117574836224

EDIT:  no clue how to properly insert a twitter link

• Haha 1

Coming in to say that right now in Game 3 of Nuggets vs Suns…JOCK LANDALE(undrafted center and was with the hawks in the Murray trade before being traded away) has shown more physicality and effort in one game than Ayton has in the entire playoffs. Monty basically admitted that Ayton may not even finish the rest of the game right now…AYTON STOLE $200 MILLION. He’s not worth it! He’s soft!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

just so everyone knows …..i May be a strong Ayton supporter but I’m not blind by the bad Ayton does …it just doesn’t surprise me especially since it’s a no brainer he doesn’t like his coach (dude can’t stand Monty) or his role (he hates being just a rim runner) or the team scheme (he hates their offense). This kid is not having fun in PHX or enjoying the nba life . He need a change and different environment.

Folks act like Ayton didn’t try to leave PHX last summer. He very well did all he could to leave PHX last summer signing that contract with the Pacers. I bet he wish PHX didn’t match just as much as so many are now saying PHX will definitely get rid of him this offseason.

I get it…everyone just wants him to shut up and play and accept the role he’s in and play it to the max but easier said then done ….he’s not that type. He wants the right role he feels that gives him the best opportunity to be an impactful center.

For me Aytons attitude and mentality with this Suns team isn’t enough to shy me away from him if I’m the Hawks.

If I’m Fields/Korver…I’m taking an extremely long look at Ayton especially if Synder and his staff believes he’d be a great fit because Ayton has undeniable talent and skills.

If you’re going to take a chance on him (assuming it’s “taking a chance” in your book) you need a good coach who’s known to be a players coach and has a good scheme….WE HAVE THAT TYPE OF COACH NOW.

we just need to be sure to consider all options and don’t let media sway our decisions…..I feel the same exact way about Dillion Brooks.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JTB said:

He need a change and different environment.

So, in your world, complainers will change if you just put them in a different environment... a system that works to his/her strengths, a supervisor that appeases him/her, and expectations that don't require of him/her anything that s/he doesn't want to do... things get hunky-dorry. Everyone will be happy.

That's just not my world.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, JTB said:

For me Aytons attitude and mentality with this Suns team isn’t enough to shy me away from him if I’m the Hawks

It should be.  If you want to leave, give the team that is looking at you a reason to want you.  He was benched for a 350k bench player and the bench player showed more.  Where is your freaking pride?

Hard Work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, sturt said:

So, in your world, complainers will change if you just put them in a different environment... a system that works to his/her strengths, a supervisor that appeases him/her, and expectations that don't require of him/her anything that s/he doesn't want to do... things get hunky-dorry. Everyone will be happy.

That's just not my world.

It’s not my world it’s just a different generation and I’ve accepted that. I can tell you’re old school which is fine I’m probably a bit younger but I’ve seen attitudes change in different scenarios. These nba players are different today we just have to accept that.

It’s not about appeasing them …it’s about making them feel worthy with the right delivery. Letting them know why on each and every part. Monty being close friends with McMillan just tells me he more than likely hasn’t gotten through to the young man. To me you can see the disconnect between them just from sitting on your couch.

of course no is going to place any blame on the coach. It’s always going to be put on the player. The player is always wrong and should just fall in line….yeah not today. Shit has changed, when these young people aren’t happy they show it.

13 hours ago, Diesel said:

It should be.  If you want to leave, give the team that is looking at you a reason to want you.  He was benched for a 350k bench player and the bench player showed more.  Where is your freaking pride?

Hard Work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. 

If our front office thinks like you then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Ayton isn’t on their radar. 

It’s not just that Ayton disappears, it’s that he tends to do it when the spotlight is biggest. If you want any sort of postseason success, you stay away from those guys. 

All it takes is some other slight or getting pulled in a game with us and he’d be right back where he was with the Suns. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, JTB said:

It’s not my world it’s just a different generation and I’ve accepted that. I can tell you’re old school which is fine I’m probably a bit younger but I’ve seen attitudes change in different scenarios. These nba players are different today we just have to accept that.

Sorry JTB, but I consider that overreaching nonsense.

"Players"? Plural?

Ayton is not typical of the players in this league. Somehow someway social convention of the 2020s still  maintains that people who behave like Ayton are negatively regarded. They don't get a pass just because they're millennials. Even millennials hold other millennials to that much accounting (... yes, except for Jock, who I can only surmise wants to keep a good relationship with Ayton for his own reasons).

I believe you're just that infatuated with the imagery in your head of Ayton, ie, the video game version where he only produces numbers. It happens. This time last year, people were doing the same with Ben Simmons. Reality is Ayton is a real person, of course, and you have to accept all of him... the bad with whatever good there is, or if you'd rather, the good with whatever bad there is.

So. "We just have to accept that"...? No. Thankfully (from my perspective, not yours, of course), we don't.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Can we officially end the Hawksquawk Love affair with Ayton. 

I watched tonight.  He started the game and on the first possession he got 4 rebounds and scored 2 points within the first three minutes.   He ended the game with 8 points, 8 rebounds.

He is talented Trash. 

I knew that his defense was his weakness but damn.. i didn't know how weak it was.   It's not like he's not giving effort because he's acting out.   I think he just doesn't give effort. 

I know why he's salty. 

CP3 jumped in his sh-- one day.   CP3 is old.  This may be his last shot.   He don't have time for a 7 foot no effort giving Center.  CP3 gave him the Rocky III There is no Tomorrow speech and Ayton has been in his feelings ever since.