• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Happy to do a bet:

@Diesel

If John Collins is an All-Star or Utah secures 3 All-Star spots, you win.

If John Collins is not an All-Star and Utah doesn't secure 3 All-Star spots, I win.

Winner gets to control the other's avatar after the All-Star game for three weeks (starting when the other person installs the new avatar).

Not a bettor ...   Just wait and watch. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The guy Towns seems delusional every time he speaks.  And he struggles under the big lights of the playoffs. 

Yeah, but he's a lot more talented than anyone outside of Trae on our current roster.  Go back and look at his playoffs numbers, they aren't bad.  

image.png.d59bd456283bcef2723c4bcdde1cdbae.png

Looks like he started to figure some things out with Denver over the last three games.  I said the Lakers in my original post - tired brain. 

image.png.437cc44ee165eb4bd4f765e9d387672c.png

Statistically he was better in 2021/2022.  

Playoffs are up and down. Look at Trae, some here still think he's trash because he had one bad series against Miami.  I'm just being fair and objective when it comes to Towns talent.  He would be the second most talented player on our roster and yes, I def have concerns about his fit with Trae on the defensive end, but to act like OO is better than him is insane in my book. OO may be eventually better when considering defensive impact, but as of right now, I'd ship his ass right on off for KAT.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Personally, me speaking, I would trade for KAT. He is so good offensively and his defense is not as bad as people make it out to be.

I would rather give up AJ than OO however. KAT/OO is a great combo on both ends as both guys can be at different spaces on offense and on defense can switch off on matchup on 5/4. 

I could see KAT and JJ working ok as well. 

What about this deal and move CC in another.

I know that we say that DJM is Hawks DNA but the uncertainty of FAcy makes this move for somebody signed for a long time more palatable. 

image.png

In all truth, Minnesota Needs a PG like Yesterday.   DJM is a great fit for them.   And CC can be used to get a SG from somewhere.  Since we like to save Cap...

image.png

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What about this deal and move CC in another.

I know that we say that DJM is Hawks DNA but the uncertainty of FAcy makes this move for somebody signed for a long time more palatable. 

image.png

In all truth, Minnesota Needs a PG like Yesterday.   DJM is a great fit for them.   And CC can be used to get a SG from somewhere.  Since we like to save Cap...

image.png

I think you have your answer right there.  Hawks minus 3 wins.

Can you imagine the defense of that squad?  Trae + Bogi + KAT + Bey(?) starting lineup?  Give up 130 a night, easily.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I think you have your answer right there.  Hawks minus 3 wins.

Can you imagine the defense of that squad?  Trae + Bogi + KAT + Bey(?) starting lineup?  Give up 130 a night, easily.  

You're 100% correct. 

I am not a fan of going after KAT.   I have said so often.  I'm just tired of hearing people believe the lies.     We're not going into the LT.  DJM is not 100% safe.   I just watched somebody say that Jordan Poole would be a Warriors for years to come and then they traded his ass the next day. 

The truth is...

• DJM is going into FAcy.  He may take all the Hawks DNA and leave us. 
  • We have already pegged AJG the future.  Where do you think he will play?
  • Nobody really wants Hunter. 

Those three things will speak louder as FEB roll around if no changes are made. 

23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, but he's a lot more talented than anyone outside of Trae on our current roster.  Go back and look at his playoffs numbers, they aren't bad.  

image.png.d59bd456283bcef2723c4bcdde1cdbae.png

Looks like he started to figure some things out with Denver over the last three games.  I said the Lakers in my original post - tired brain. 

image.png.437cc44ee165eb4bd4f765e9d387672c.png

Statistically he was better in 2021/2022.  

Playoffs are up and down. Look at Trae, some here still think he's trash because he had one bad series against Miami.  I'm just being fair and objective when it comes to Towns talent.  He would be the second most talented player on our roster and yes, I def have concerns about his fit with Trae on the defensive end, but to act like OO is better than him is insane in my book. OO may be eventually better when considering defensive impact, but as of right now, I'd ship his ass right on off for KAT.

Yeah, I hear you.  But Towns has had the deer in headlights look for multiple years in the playoffs.  I dunno, man.  Just gives me pause.

Don't tell soth I said it tho.  Our relationship is strained since he didn't get me Naz Reid.  Yeah, I'm not letting it go. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

The names I'm hearing for a potential KAT deal from us are Hunter, OO and Bey. It sounds like the TPE would be used as well in  a possible three team deal to move Capela as well.

The more teams get involved the less likely a trade is to happen. I'm just passing along what I am hearing. 

The team wants to keep DJM. This isn't lip service. They really do believe he has "Hawks DNA" (this should already be a meme frankly) and he's the kind of high character/in love with the game type player the team wants. Another reason on a personal level ie not from insider just my two cents that I can't see us trading for Ayton. He has all the tools to be great but there seems to be character/maturity issues there.

Geeezzzz I like the idea of going after KAT but at the expense of OO???…I don’t know 

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

The appeal of KAT to me, is being able to play alongside OO.  I'd rather trade AJ or JJ than OO in any KAT deal.

Yeah exactly! If we trade we were able to make this trade today my goodness would there be a shitload of holes!

Sure offensively we are golden in Trae, Murray, KAT…defensively Murray could probably return to being a point of attack defender with now being the 3rd best offensive option instead of the 2nd. 

But what about the 3 & 4…Is JJ ready to start? Does the hawks have that much faith in him??…who the hell is available at the 3 that we could realistically put here for defensive purposes?

i assume Landry would address the role players around Trae, DJ, KAT with a Capela & TPE trade.

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, I hear you.  But Towns has had the deer in headlights look for multiple years in the playoffs.  I dunno, man.  Just gives me pause.

Don't tell soth I said it tho.  Our relationship is strained since he didn't get me Naz Reid.  Yeah, I'm not letting it go. 

Lol, understood. 

24 minutes ago, JTB said:

Geeezzzz I like the idea of going after KAT but at the expense of OO???…I don’t know 

Yeah exactly! If we trade we were able to make this trade today my goodness would there be a shitload of holes!

Sure offensively we are golden in Trae, Murray, KAT…defensively Murray could probably return to being a point of attack defender with now being the 3rd best offensive option instead of the 2nd. 

But what about the 3 & 4…Is JJ ready to start? Does the hawks have that much faith in him??…who the hell is available at the 3 that we could realistically put here for defensive purposes?

i assume Landry would address the role players around Trae, DJ, KAT with a Capela & TPE trade.

I wouldn't give up all those players for KAT.  I'd probably give up Murray and Capela and some future assets for him.  I think KAT and OO would pair well.  OO would probably be guarding more PF though and KAT centers.  On offense, OO would be more of a traditional center roll, while KAT pick and pop.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

" We take you live to State Farm Arena as the injured Lebron James of the Atlanta Hawks watches from the sidelines as Bronny and his teammates take on..."

NBA-on-TNT_studio_12.jpg

lebron-james-faceapppng.png

I'd bet the Hawks would probably be in that range, I doubt it'd be 24-27.