• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

4 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm going to disagree with this.  A big part of the reason for Quin coming in was so he could get a good look at the roster.  If he thinks we need change, then I'm good with that.  So I'm not saying that a trade for KAT is the right move (and realistically it depends on what trade for KAT in my book) but I don't see any reason to wait if you have an opportunity to make a move that Landry and Quin think is the right move.  There is no need to wait until Quin has spent a full year with the team - make the move now and then let Quin do exactly what you are saying with the players that our GM and Coach have identified as the foundation for the future.  That foundation doesn't have to be grown in-house.

Shame they didn't give Collins the same opportunity.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JTB said:

It just depends on the other moves in my opinion if we had this Trio of Trae, DJ, KAT…

If all we are giving up turns out to be Hunter and AJ and we have plans to get a significant defender at the 3 such as Dillion Brooks then I’m a happy fan.

Starters:

Trae, DJ, Brooks, OO, KAT

Bench:

???, Bogi, Bey, JJ, Bruno

image.thumb.png.bb009c0e44cfda7c37ce9a8073523b77.png

WAIT!!! AJ TOO??? Nooooo!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, kg01 said:

And why do people still think Dillon Brooks is a good defender? 

Ya honestly baby Kmart the only one I like he plays hard. I like Tate too from Houston I remember as a rookie during preseason he got into it with Harden and I liked that about him he gets in people’s faces but does it very competitively and not .. well Patrick Bevish.. :er:

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Don’t be surprised if Quin sees Jalen Johnson as a starter in 2023-24.  

This can’t happen. If Jalen starts then that means we didn’t improve the roster. No offense to him I think he’s a young gun but still not a starter. I need to see steady production in an increased role before I make him a starter but that’s just me. Perhaps Quin starts him. We shall see.

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Don’t be surprised if Quin sees Jalen Johnson as a starter in 2023-24.  Quin ideally wants to play positionless basketball with versatile players who can defend multiple positions.  I think he loves Johnson’s potential as a playmaker, particularly his passing and ability to attack close outs.  

Where do you think Quinn would play him ?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

On the one hand, bro still scores and shoots well... on the other he's 6'3 and plays no defense. Probably wouldn't be able to get a better player than him with our oh so juicy MLE though. The TPE will rot before we use it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And why do people still think Dillon Brooks is a good defender? 

I'm upset his name is being brought up here. Did people already forget he made his teammates smell his stank booty the whole flight back because he didn't wanna get caught by media?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No. IMHO. 

Bruno is on the team?

giphy.gif

Just now, warcore said:

I'm upset his name is being brought up here. Did people already forget he made his teammates smell his stank booty the whole flight back because he didn't wanna get caught by media?

The first player in history that I've seen a team come out and publically say they had no intention of resigning no matter what. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1