• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

27 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm team SIAKAT

I think Pascal will have the most impact, so I lean toward him.  KAT will more than work as well.

Win - win for the Hawks if they get either guy.

Let's get both

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AtLaS said:

Love Siakam but I am a huge proponent of 3pt shooting and having Siakam/DJ/OO in our starting lineup is going to be trouble for shooting.  Can't see any team winning in the modern NBA without it.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

Trae and Dre arent sharp shooters either..

Give me Kat who is a 20/10 7 footer who is a near 40% career 3 point shooter who can open up the floor for Trae and Dejounte.

Kat has flaws but is a much more seamless fit.

Siakim's skillset doesn't mess well with our needs at all.

Trading for Siakim is like trading for the PF version of Dejounte. Yes, he has made an all nba team, is a good defender, and fills the stat sheet but hes not a consistent shooter at all and hes undersized at 6'8!. We can't continuing being the most undersized team in the league plus his offensive game is very clunky.

With Dejounte and Trae having the ball in their hands 80% of the time whoever we get will need to space the floor and get out of the way on offense and KAT does that.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Correct — Capela, Hunter, Bey, and a 1st.  That offer seems like we are bidding against ourselves.  

I honestly feel thats just what a 2x all star player goes for these days.   As said we gave up   Gallo which is probably similar to a bey type value maybe a little less.  + 3 1st round unprotected picks + a pick swap for Murray. 

Siakam is considered by most to be a better player than Murray so you would think you need to atleast come close to that value.

Gallo + pick swap = Bey

3 1st round picks =  Sac 1st, Hunter, and Capelas(mavs 1st)

So pretty much similar value   the difference is  You get Murray for a extra year but the trade off on that is Pascal is the better player. 

So if you can resign Pascal then you literally gave up the same value for Pascal as you did murray.  Probably ended up a better deal with this trade as you got the better player from it if you can pull it off.

2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I honestly feel thats just what a 2x all star player goes for these days.   As said we gave up   Gallo which is probably similar to a bey type value maybe a little less.  + 3 1st round unprotected picks + a pick swap for Murray. 

Siakam is considered by most to be a better player than Murray so you would think you need to atleast come close to that value.

Gallo + pick swap = Bey

3 1st round picks =  Sac 1st, Hunter, and Capelas(mavs 1st)

So pretty much similar value   the difference is  You get Murray for a extra year but the trade off on that is Pascal is the better player. 

So if you can resign Pascal then you literally gave up the same value for Pascal as you did murray.  Probably ended up a better deal with this trade as you got the better player from it if you can pull it off.

Murray’s contract had two years remaining at half the price per year.  I don’t consider Siakam’s value equal or higher.    

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why does Siakam want to stay in Toronto? They literally have 2 months of warm weather. Rest of the year is chilli or freezing.

Not vouching for Toronto by any means, but I spent some time working in Ann Arbor, MI and Toronto is only 3-4 hours from there (and that isn’t going directly north). It isn’t as deep into Canada as I originally imagined. I’ve heard good things about the city from people that visited, so it is probably a negotiation tactic but just my .02 on Toronto.

1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

Not vouching for Toronto by any means, but I spent some time working in Ann Arbor, MI and Toronto is only 3-4 hours from there (and that isn’t going directly north). It isn’t as deep into Canada as I originally imagined. I’ve heard good things about the city from people that visited, so it is probably a negotiation tactic but just my .02 on Toronto.

It's a very nice city, without question. But that weather, good lord. 

• Like 1