• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Speak for yourself. If we don't use this TPE for something it is a loss IMO. I for one thought Quin would find a way to increase JC's value this year.

I don't really see how you are disagreeing with me.  It seems like you are saying that trading JC for garbage was a bad idea and we just should have held him.  But that doesn't rebut my point that JC's trade value was low.  In fact, those two notions go very well together:  "If JC's trade value stunk that badly, we just should have held him" both agrees with me that we had to come to grips with how low his trade value had sunk and asserts a related but different point about whether we should have traded him.

I just don't see how anyone can disagree that his trade value was quite low when we let him go.  And that is a fact regardless of whether we make good use of the TPE or not.  (I.e., even if we sign LeBron 2.0 in that space that doesn't make JC's trade value any better it just makes the result of the TPE better.)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't really see how you are disagreeing with me.  It seems like you are saying that trading JC for garbage was a bad idea and we just should have held him.  But that doesn't rebut my point that JC's trade value was low.  In fact, those two notions go very well together:  "If JC's trade value stunk that badly, we just should have held him" both agrees with me that we had to come to grips with how low his trade value had sunk and asserts a related but different point about whether we should have traded him.

I just don't see how anyone can disagree that his trade value was quite low when we let him go.  And that is a fact regardless of whether we make good use of the TPE or not.  (I.e., even if we sign LeBron 2.0 in that space that doesn't make JC's trade value any better it just makes the result of the TPE better.)

Yeah I agree with you. His value was at his lowest. And the only reason to trade him so early without Snyder  attempting to improve his value was if we were going to improve substantially and get a star. I'm with you AHF. I was just venting lol

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, AHF said:

What really crushes his value is the fact that he will be an expiring contract after this season, that he will want a lot of money, and that he is giving no one any assurances he won't just walk in FA.  If he was under a non-max contract like JC and DH are, he would be drawing very significant offers.

Nah.. It's more than that..

If he was able to resign and willing to resign... his value is crushed because he's not worth the money that he is going to ask for.   This is why the Raptors want to unload him now in the first place.   It's Babcockish but they want to trade their stars while they still have max value. 

They know he's not worth the supermax.  He's not worth the max either.   But that's what he will get. 

I heard @JayBirdHawk saying something to the effect that Quin should be able to make him a winner.   If we have faith in Quin for that, we should have faith in him for our guys. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
On 7/19/2023 at 11:49 AM, thecampster said:

I may need a bigger receipt drawer.

Prove It The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

My receipt for the record.

I have almost zero interest in adding another starter with a some-timey 3pt shot, going into his 30s, on a rental that requires a max extension.  Cap and Hunter are too rich for my tastes on it. 👎

I want KAT and/or a cold blooded sniper in the starting lineup.

I would only trade AJ in a blockbuster star package and to a lesser extent JJ...but we have to give to get.  So to me, everything is negotiable. Anybody can get it for the right price. 

Of all the young talent, OO is the bait I'd dangle. I'd be interested in seeing noteworthy offers out there for him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wretch said:

My receipt for the record.

I have almost zero interest in adding another starter with a some-timey 3pt shot, going into his 30s, on a rental that requires a max extension.  Cap and Hunter are too rich for my tastes on it. 👎

I want KAT and/or a cold blooded sniper in the starting lineup.

I would only trade AJ in a blockbuster star package and to a lesser extent JJ...but we have to give to get.  So to me, everything is negotiable. Anybody can get it for the right price. 

Of all the young talent, OO is the bait I'd dangle. I'd be interested in seeing noteworthy offers out there for him.

I am curious how the NBA values OO.  Wonder what his extension demands are and how we’ve reciprocated…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah what the hell.  I wanted Matthews back in the twenty teens.   We don't need him now.   More moves coming obviously.  But nothing like getting a 36 year old who just posted career lows in everything. 

"Just means I got em right where I want em, moddaddy." - W. Matthews 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah what the hell.  I wanted Matthews back in the twenty teens.   We don't need him now.   More moves coming obviously.  But nothing like getting a 36 year old who just posted career lows in everything. 

This is where a poster lectures you about the importance of strong veteran leadership in the locker room, even if they don't contribute on the court in any meaningful way. 

• Like 2