• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

Going to be stupid and ask how we would have minutes for Josh Green.  He would be competing for time against DM, Bogi and AJ at the 2.  He is 6'5'' so maybe he could play some at the 3 but you still have Hunter, Bey, JJ, AJ, and Bogi who could all potentially play there.  This becomes doubly problematic if THJr is coming too (all the same questions apply for who is getting squeezed out of the rotation).  I thought a Dallas deal was premised on a third team being involved for this reason.

Squawks want an all guard team...trade away all the big men and Hunter so Hawks can start 3 point shooting guards with Trae! Lol!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

5 NBA Offseason Trades That Can Still Happen

The Trade: Dallas Mavericks acquire Clint Capela from the Atlanta Hawks for Tim Hardaway Jr., Josh Green and a 2025 second-round pick (via TOR).

To bring aboard their sought-after shot-blocking, board-hoarding center, the Mavericks have to cough up a package headlined by Josh Green, a promising connective wing who can cut, pass on the move, defend and hit open threes. If he can replicate the 40.2 percent he shot from distance last year, Green, still just 22, could be a huge get for the Hawks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10083892-5-nba-offseason-trades-that-can-still-happen

@thecampster. Is the the Dallas 'overpay' you mentioned?

Each time we have had a generic name on the roster the past few years, we've been successful.... Josh Green would fit the bill...........:ninja: ( Pretty sure I might be wrong 😂)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Food for thought:

Capela for JV and a sweetener. Would you do it? 

Man, you lurkin in the TPE-target thread?  That's a new low, insider. 🧐

Just now, Hawkish said:

What’s the sweetener?  

Jose Bartholomew Alvarado

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Because the new regime wants to "re-tool" without rebuilding and selling high is part of that process. 

That makes no sense. 

You have a very good Center rotation right now.. regardless of who starts.. and thy want to retool a guy who is on a value contract giving you very good production for no other reason but to do something??  That sound like fanboy shit instead of well thought out ideas. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

There are people hyping themselves up for august 3rd, but I’m not gonna lie, I don’t think anything is gonna happen. People are setting themselves up for disappointment. We have heard basically nothing from the hawks side about trading Kobe Bufkin (and they probably shouldn’t considering how the trade market looks right now). At some point they just need to just give up on the Siakam trade pursuit and just move on. Trade Capela, get a backup center, and let the young guys play.

I don't know.  I think they may get a package that would have us sending CC, DH, and KB out for Pascal and somebody like JaVale. 

I don't think it's the right move to make because of the spacing but I will let them deal with that. 

Nothing wrong with waiting as fans until after August 2nd. Just because we have expectations on our timeline doesn't mean it's what actually is or is not in the works. 

Going into 2023-2024 is okay with our roster now. If they are waiting a few more days for Bufkin, that's fine too. 

Too many people getting warped because other fans are debating what's actually going on.

Also, using Capela to just trade for Dallas players isn't a good trade IMO. He has much higher value than that.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2