• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

I'm surprised Schlenk never convinced the Wizards to go after him.  I know he values flexibility, but that was his boy.

image.png

I think this is a fitting trade.   Washington has built nicely with Jones, Poole, Kuzma, and Gafford.   That is a strong young core.   Hunter is a great fit for them.   We get two great shooters and a great defender.   Gallo, if he still has it, can play meaningful minutes at the 4.   Wright can be the back up to Trae/Murray... and work either way.   Both have one year left on the contract.. so it a look and see. 

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just want to say this entire NBA offseason has been quite the dud. Don't remember it ever being this slow and draining.

That's all I gotta say about that!

You getting flashbacks to that birthday when you wanted a bb gun, but got a dollar store bouncy ball instead? 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You getting flashbacks to that birthday when you wanted a bb gun, but got a dollar store bouncy ball instead

No I got the paddle with the ball attached with the stretchy string. Two licks and the string popped 🤬

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just want to say this entire NBA offseason has been quite the dud. Don't remember it ever being this slow and draining.

That's all I gotta say about that!

This felt like the old days when we had tons of money to spend and courted guys like Erik Dampier who just used us for leverage. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Bogdanović was named First-Team All-Tournament after averaging 19.1 points per game and shooting 42.3% on 6.5 long balls per contest. He scored at all three levels. He defended with aggression, jumping into passing lanes like a cornerback searching for pick-sixes. It was a reminder just exactly how dangerous a weapon the Hawks have stashed on the wing next to Trae Young and Dejounte Murray. It was a reminder why Atlanta was able to discuss De’Andre Hunter trade concepts this summer, league sources told Yahoo Sports, with Detroit, Indiana and others.
  • Like 3

On 8/29/2023 at 7:12 PM, Final_quest said:

This felt like the old days when we had tons of money to spend and courted guys like Erik Dampier who just used us for leverage. 

Oh god.... that was the era we rolled out the red carpet for.... Eddie Curry. 

Sam Dalembert was also a target around that time. Ahh, the memories. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Bogdanović was named First-Team All-Tournament after averaging 19.1 points per game and shooting 42.3% on 6.5 long balls per contest. He scored at all three levels. He defended with aggression, jumping into passing lanes like a cornerback searching for pick-sixes. It was a reminder just exactly how dangerous a weapon the Hawks have stashed on the wing next to Trae Young and Dejounte Murray. It was a reminder why Atlanta was able to discuss De’Andre Hunter trade concepts this summer, league sources told Yahoo Sports, with Detroit, Indiana and others.

ok that's great.  I better see exactly that same effort when he's not wearing his national team jersey.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, shakes said:

ok that's great.  I better see exactly that same effort when he's not wearing his national team jersey.

We've seen it before.  The big question mark with him is how long until his next injury.  You always have to have your fingers crossed which is why I'm especially happy that he didn't hurt himself during this tournament even more than I enjoyed seeing his standout play.

• Like 3